The Open

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:34 am

communistworkethic wrote:surprised you agree Mummy, I was expecting you to demand I hand over the TW open trophies! ;)
I don't think any drugs are against the rules of golf at the moment anyway, are there? Do we have a list of what's banned?

I'd be very surprised if somebody isn't taking something that would be illegal in other sports, but seeing as it isn't yet against the rules of golf, it can hardly be called 'cheating' in my opinion.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:36 am

Anyway, I think KJ Choi is a good bet at 8-1.

Can't believe some of Woods' shots yesterday. Where did his timing disappear to in 24 hours? Yes, that's golf, but his pull-hook off the first tee was one of the strangest things I've seen him do.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:26 pm

The son of the bloke that installed my kitchen a few years ago made the cut. :shock:

I don't even think he's on the Challenger tour.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:47 pm

Couldn't help feeling a little sorry for Poulter as his round fell apart towards the end, couldn't also help feeling slightly re-assured by it though, too. :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:47 pm

WTF - Els has just hit a 380yd drive :shock:

that's just wrong.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:58 pm

communistworkethic wrote:WTF - Els has just hit a 380yd drive :shock:

that's just wrong.
Did you not see that one he hit last week? 371 yards, 11 feet from the pin. Bloody ridiculous I tell thee! :whack:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

that's just wrong.
Did you not see that one he hit last week? 371 yards, 11 feet from the pin. Bloody ridiculous I tell thee! :whack:
On the 14th? It's not that far actually. On that hole you can play it two ways - it's a classic risk and reward hole. You either play it as a dog leg right, it's a 90degree turn at about 290yds or you can try for the green in one, over gorse bushes and a pond, which is about 310 off the back tee.

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:06 pm

The Edberg ....headscarf...or whatever it is; what's all that about? He hasn't even got long hair. :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:09 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:The Edberg ....headscarf...or whatever it is; what's all that about? He hasn't even got long hair. :(
looks quite long....

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:29 pm

Have you seen the 'swing master' feature with that Geordie bloke?

It just doesn't sound right.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:03 pm

Some good stuff being played today despite the conditions; it's pxxxxxg down right now. Apart from the leaders, Garcia and Choi, Goosen, Jiminez and the two Irish lads are all in there and Chris De Marco just carded a 66. Good comp now and Tiger's not in the hunt unless he does something magical. Can't see it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:34 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

that's just wrong.
On the 14th? It's not that far actually. On that hole you can play it two ways - it's a classic risk and reward hole. You either play it as a dog leg right, it's a 90degree turn at about 290yds or you can try for the green in one, over gorse bushes and a pond, which is about 310 off the back tee.
Then it probably wasn't the 14th then. I can't remember which hole, but according to the tele he definitely hit it 371 yards. Have a look on your scorecard, that should give you a better idea of which hole it could be. Less, of course, the tele people buggered it up.
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:37 pm

he eagled 14

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:45 pm

It most probably was then. Have you got the yardage right for it though? I only ask because as I say, TV definitely said 371 yards. I committed it to memory with a view to seeing just how far that actually is when next on a course. I was hoping that it might have been on youtube, but it isn't.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:56 pm

Stricker coming up like a train, Pal Mac 4 under and all the leaders playing well. Woods two under for the day, Choi gone to 4 under. Harrington just dropped a shot. Weir just gone to 4 under along with Jiminez, Westwood just made a great shot and Garcia still holding his nerve and his lead. Cracking stuff.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:It most probably was then. Have you got the yardage right for it though? I only ask because as I say, TV definitely said 371 yards. I committed it to memory with a view to seeing just how far that actually is when next on a course. I was hoping that it might have been on youtube, but it isn't.
I had a go at driving the green from the yellow tee and it was abot 25 yds in from of the championship tee. needless to say I failed but just carried the shite and chipped on to make par. :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:19 pm

Don't know if you saw the shot earlier, by the way, where this bloke (don't know his name) hit an iron shot well right of the green, it hit the bottom of a crowd-control barrier, pinged across the green at a right-angle, was rolling at pace towards the out-of-bounds on the other side but hit a marker post so that it rebounded back in play. I seem to recall something similar happening to me last week, only, whereas all the luck went with this fella today, it all went against me! :evil:

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:04 pm

that had to hurt

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:18 pm

two stray shots hitting spectators in one day, madness

looks like we may have a new first-time major winner this time tommorow, hope it's sergio rather than the yank

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:38 pm

James B wrote: looks like we may have a new first-time major winner this time tommorow, hope it's sergio rather than the yank
I'd have to agree. However, I just can't help thinking that he'll bottle it on the greens (belly putter or not) as the rest of the field squeeze in on him. We'll see. This is the first year in yonks that I haven't put a bet on, and as such, have no motive other than me wanting to see the guy that plays the course the best, win!