George Galloway

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:08 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Bullett,
You've now referred to another member of the forum as a c*nt and a fecking moron within this thread.

A1
I really don't know where your "argument" is going.

All I do know is, if you do not refrain from the personal abuse, you will both receive a temporary ban from the site. Further transgressions could result in a permanent ban.

If you really need to carry this argument further then do it by PM. You see, the rest of us don't care!
i have not called anyone anything , apart from george galloway , if george wants he can come round to my house and a fight and a barney might break out .. cept i wont have bodyguards ..

i dont see how 'arguing' on a thread is any different to folk 'calling' one another thru TW.co.uk PM thingy we are still using your 'system' were most probably the admins could read thru the messages anyroad , if i dont want people 'knowing' what i think i'll have not post it on here in the first place ... at least if its out in the open then we all know whats what..

if somebody would explain the difference between israel and jews and why going "this is theirs" might have been the wrong thing to do , but when they were spead everywhere world war 2 started coz of it ..

its like the 'solution' was wrong but no one has a 'better' answer ..

being "anti-zionist" seems like a euphemisum for anti-semetic thats used by folk that dont like jews anyway to 'prove' that they dont hate jews ..

answers is the answer .. calling me a c*nt doesnt give me the answer i'll need to change my mind ..

thank you

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:59 pm

Without getting into the argument (not sure what it's about exactly, but before throwing the term "Zionism" about it's as well to know what it means) but to clarify:

Zionism (named after Zion, a hill in Jerusalem on which the palace of King David was built) is a political movement to secure the re-establishing of a Jewish national home in Palestine. Begun in 1897, it's aim was realised in 1948, when Israel was set up. An "Israeli" relates to an inhabitant of the modern state of Israel, whereas an "Isrealite" is the term for a descendent of one of the twelve tribes of Abraham in the ancient kingdom. The battles between Israel and Palestine are all territorial issues with religion as the key problem due to the many historical and revered areas involved in both the Jewish and Muslim beliefs. Add politics to religion and you can see the double-trouble problem. Since Abraham had two sons, Issac and Ishmael, one a Jew and the other a Muslim, there is a common denominator in the land of the founder figure of both religions. Peace there right now is as far a way as it's ever been.

The history of all this, and that of the Jewish peoples, began a thousand years before the birth of Christ , not a couple of years before Adolf Hitler. Thought it worth mentioning.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

The Bullett
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by The Bullett » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Without getting into the argument (not sure what it's about exactly, but before throwing the term "Zionism" about it's as well to know what it means) but to clarify:

Zionism (named after Zion, a hill in Jerusalem on which the palace of King David was built) is a political movement to secure the re-establishing of a Jewish national home in Palestine. Begun in 1897, it's aim was realised in 1948, when Israel was set up. An "Israeli" relates to an inhabitant of the modern state of Israel, whereas an "Isrealite" is the term for a descendent of one of the twelve tribes of Abraham in the ancient kingdom. The battles between Israel and Palestine are all territorial issues with religion as the key problem due to the many historical and revered areas involved in both the Jewish and Muslim beliefs. Add politics to religion and you can see the double-trouble problem. Since Abraham had two sons, Issac and Ishmael, one a Jew and the other a Muslim, there is a common denominator in the land of the founder figure of both religions. Peace there right now is as far a way as it's ever been.

The history of all this, and that of the Jewish peoples, began a thousand years before the birth of Christ , not a couple of years before Adolf Hitler. Thought it worth mentioning.
I'm not sure either now....all i was asking of him was to distinguish the state of Isreal and Jews.

frankyworthy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by frankyworthy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:52 pm

I thought this was a site to discuss all things bolton and football related topics - not a platform to air political differences

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:01 pm

frankyworthy wrote:I thought this was a site to discuss all things bolton and football related topics - not a platform to air political differences
That's why we have Trotters and Other Footy forums...this is General Banter - exactly what it says on the tin.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:11 pm

Verbal wrote:
frankyworthy wrote:I thought this was a site to discuss all things bolton and football related topics - not a platform to air political differences
That's why we have Trotters and Other Footy forums...this is General Banter - exactly what it says on the tin.
Exactamundo. Have any of you listened to the absolute imbecile that's on Talk Bollocks in a morning? His name's John Gaunt. I can do about 15 minutes before I end up kicking out at the dashboard and listening to Ken Bruce's 'Pop Master' (At which I'm rather splendid :D )

Talk Bollox used to have a fantasic presenter on in the morning called Ian Collins, but they must've sacked him or summat. :conf:

Oh, I must just point out that I mean 'fantastic' in so far as he raised a point and then would discuss it with those that both did and didn't agree initially, rather than just raising a point and then talking over/cutting off those that don't.
May the bridges I burn light your way

The Bullett
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by The Bullett » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Verbal wrote:
Exactamundo. Have any of you listened to the absolute imbecile that's on Talk Bollocks in a morning? His name's John Gaunt. I can do about 15 minutes before I end up kicking out at the dashboard and listening to Ken Bruce's 'Pop Master' (At which I'm rather splendid :D )

Talk Bollox used to have a fantasic presenter on in the morning called Ian Collins, but they must've sacked him or summat. :conf:

Oh, I must just point out that I mean 'fantastic' in so far as he raised a point and then would discuss it with those that both did and didn't agree initially, rather than just raising a point and then talking over/cutting off those that don't.
Ian Collins is on at 1am, that was his usual slot anyway. I know what you mean by Jon Guant, but he is the biggest WUM there is. Anything he says is designed to get "Terry from Essex" to call in agreeing with him, often with racial connotations. You have to take him with a pinch of salt, if you do, it can be quite amusing to listen to the idiots calling in.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:56 pm

Well, you got answered on that one. Problem is when a promising "debate" (exchange of views, beliefs and opinions) gets into a personal name-calling and abusive war, (usually wherever the topics of religion and politics occur), then that's when the mods have to step in and the thread gets locked to prevent further deterioration wether it be Bolton Wanderers or the price of eggs.

George Galloway is a controversial figure and when, as a politician he gets involved with religious issues (Judaism, ie, being a "Jew", or Zionism, territorial rights, ) then it's inevitable that the topic will go off the rails. I defined Zionism as a territorial/political issue, whereas being "Jewish" (in the main) is a nationality and a religion combined. Hope this clears up the difference.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:58 pm

The Bullett wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Without getting into the argument (not sure what it's about exactly, but before throwing the term "Zionism" about it's as well to know what it means) but to clarify:

I'm not sure either now....all i was asking of him was to distinguish the state of Isreal and Jews.
thats done it for me . i kinda get it now .

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:31 pm

Oh good. Can we all play nicely now?

By the way A1 - That chap on your avatar - It isnt Sean off Corrie is it?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:26 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Oh good. Can we all play nicely now?

By the way A1 - That chap on your avatar - It isnt Sean off Corrie is it?
No,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AozH-KvbcIQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MR_0wpeR_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EqhNJXMRXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=studPz7t8OU

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:41 pm

yeah, it's that gay chappie off corrie.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house