Christmas 'works do's'

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:19 pm

ratbert wrote:Walsall's OK, at least the council are trying and the art gallery passes a couple of hours.

What in the world saw you end up in Hockley though (about five mins from where I work)?
Work. Very boring.

I did spend ten minutes or so in the Library and their information leaflet caught my eye. Apparently in the Forties there was a bad accident and a bus fell over and hit the wall of the library. I looked at the wall and saw the scars as it suggested I do. Yesterday was a slow day. :wink:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:48 pm

The following was posted on behalf of member "Millsie."

The company i work for have cancelled due to credit crunch what a surprise.
Our department want us to walk around the christmas market in manchester, i dont think so?
i might work in manchester but i dont like drinking in the centre, not on a friday night anyway.
Last edited by TANGODANCER on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:59 pm

How odd. "You can't have a Christmas do, but a nice walk will do you a world of good."

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:40 pm

Just had one in the office.

I got a four pack of peroni as my secret santa gift. People must equate 'student' with 'beer', even though im working for twelve month. I'm not complaining, on my second already.

I drank some mulled wine. My boss decided it wasn't sweet enough so added rum to the equation. The fumes were enough to be honest so after two glasses of that and halfway through my beers im a bit delicate.

The camping stove which we were mulling the wine with got a bit intense and set fire to the table cloth. For some reason the fire brigade haven't come yet.

It's a free bar tonight as well for our proper do. I also have a 4-5 hour coach ride back to bolton tomorrow. fun times.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:42 pm

Verbal wrote:Just had one in the office.

I got a four pack of peroni as my secret santa gift. People must equate 'student' with 'beer', even though im working for twelve month. I'm not complaining, on my second already.

I drank some mulled wine. My boss decided it wasn't sweet enough so added rum to the equation. The fumes were enough to be honest so after two glasses of that and halfway through my beers im a bit delicate.

The camping stove which we were mulling the wine with got a bit intense and set fire to the table cloth. For some reason the fire brigade haven't come yet.

It's a free bar tonight as well for our proper do. I also have a 4-5 hour coach ride back to bolton tomorrow. fun times.
Providing you survive the inferno. Best of luck.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:01 pm

Couldn't be arsed going to our do, which was a couple of weeks ago. My boss, though, is taking our department (all 4 of us) out for lunch tomorrow at the Greek place round the corner, which is decent. I'd much rather a long lunch with a couple of beers than spend an evening of my free time with a bunch of people, 95% of whom I wouldn't give the time of day to outside the work environment.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:27 pm

Our lot out tonight, four o'clock finish. That'll do me thanks as I can go home. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:06 am

Verbal wrote:Just had one in the office.

I think it is fair to say the free bar did me in. For anyone at Barons Court tube station last night, apologies for the mess I made.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:12 am

Free bars are the work of the devil. Best avoided at ALL costs.
Businesswoman of the year.

screech powers
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by screech powers » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:18 am

Mines today , and there is a free bar!!! well between 2 and 5 , ample time to abuse it , especially as its at the Hilton hotel in Blackpool and the bar prices there are offensive!! Screech will be reporting for duty worse for wear tomorrow!!
Life is not like a box of chocolates , it is infact , like a box of chuck norris roundhouse kicking you in the face. And if you recieve a box of chuck norris , you always know what your gonna get.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:31 am

screech powers wrote:Mines today , and there is a free bar!!!
Free bars are the work of the devil. Best avoided at ALL costs.
Businesswoman of the year.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:33 am

screech powers wrote:Mines today , and there is a free bar!!! well between 2 and 5 , ample time to abuse it , especially as its at the Hilton hotel in Blackpool and the bar prices there are offensive!! Screech will be reporting for duty worse for wear tomorrow!!
At least you have a saturday to lie in, was up at 7.30 this morning after abusing el bar libre. Coach journey later should give me time to doze though.

Woe is me, etc.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:28 pm

I'm not the only one with photo evidence, don't be shy

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:35 pm

hate posting links for you-tube but this is worth it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBX_3SU50LE

hope they dont have cameras in taxis round here! :shock:

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:23 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:I'm not the only one with photo evidence, don't be shy
Just been tagged in three photos from last night. I look dead/lecherous in two of them.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:01 pm

Just been out for our department lunch at the Greek place round the corner. Not the most fun I've had in my life, but a free two-hour lunch with a couple of beers can't be knocked back, I s'pose. Best to make the most out of the company while I can before I leave here next Wednesday, I guess.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:08 pm

It's the team's do tomorow night, after our match. It's also Mrs K's birthday. Gah.

Luckily, the coaching staff are having Christmas Party Mark 2 after next Saturday's match, and Mrs K is away until the following day. Yeehah.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:14 pm

ratbert wrote:How odd. "You can't have a Christmas do, but a nice walk will do you a world of good."
Yeah we get that EVERY year. :roll:

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:31 pm

God today is boring. This is one of the quietest times of year, and ideally I would like to take off but instead have to plan a Christmas dinner that we put on. I really hate this time of year when in the pub business. So I have to take it out on you guys by putting up a bunch of idiotic posts just to kill my boredom.

At least tomorrow is my day off, so for the rest MERRY CHRISTMAS and hope the day brings happiness to all, myself excluded of course.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Well, a few of us were in at our place today, manning silent phones, planning lunch etc., when all of a sudden there's this absolute cacophony of wailing sirens being emitted by a flotilla of passing emergency vehicles. Next thing you know and the power's out. Turns out that there'd been a gas explosion at a place about a mile down the road, and do you know what? The only people to find themselves injured as a result were drivers on the bypass that ran into one and other having a look at it. :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way