Heavy snowfall

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:16 pm

School confirmed as shut tomorrow too. Woohoo!

Got the old ruler out earlier and put it on the lawn. 10 inches of snowfall today. It's stopped now.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:36 pm

ratbert wrote:Yes don't forget, by virtue of owning a car, drivers have a God-given right to be allowed to go where they want, when they want, not obey any laws and not pay any taxes.

Enjoy waiting six hours for the RAC tonight, petrolheads!

:oyea:

Bring it on more time in the motor :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:57 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:It wasn't any funnier the second time, TD!
Yes it was spoilsport. :evil:
:D Ah, the power mods have - I cannot delete when someone else has subsequently posted, but you guys can do anything! :pray:
Que ???

I deleted one of my own posts because I hit quote instead of edit and posted it twice. Second time had the writing, first one didn't. I deleted the first one. Nothing you can't do with your own posts?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:06 pm

I tell you what, some of the shite weather we've had earlier this year and yet London gets a few specks and it's main item on't news. Did nobody die in Gaza today or somert? You'd think this was the first time England had had snow in years. Pansies.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:24 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:School confirmed as shut tomorrow too. Woohoo!

Got the old ruler out earlier and put it on the lawn. 10 inches of snowfall today. It's stopped now.
Good God, Keeeebaaaaab. There are so many possible replies to that my head hurts trying to sort them out.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:46 am

I aim to please.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:03 am

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:I aim to please.
You misunderstand me ... the images weren't pleasing !!

:shock:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:36 am

Bright, cold day in Manchester and you couldn't find a snowflake if they were saleable. Amazing change from yesterday.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:18 pm

Pummeled down south againt today, absolutely pummeled!

In the space of 10 minutes I had rain, followed by BIG hailstones, then a full snowstorm.

The weather has gone insane.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:20 pm

It's cracking the flags in Manchester.
Businesswoman of the year.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:20 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Meh. I'm in Carrington in Manchester and we've only got a light dusting. In fact the sun is out trying it's best to melt it.
You must work literally round the corner from me!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:26 pm

boltonboris wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Meh. I'm in Carrington in Manchester and we've only got a light dusting. In fact the sun is out trying it's best to melt it.
Only for one more day, then I'm off to Widnes. I'm sat right now in a portacabin on the only chemical works in the village.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:31 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:It's cracking the flags in Manchester.
Aye, bright sunshine and a knife-edged wind straight off Siberia. Won't be fun when the sun goes down.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:07 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Only for one more day, then I'm off to Widnes. I'm sat right now in a portacabin on the only chemical works in the village.
I know.... I'm watching you

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:19 pm

boltonboris wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
I know.... I'm watching you
:mrgreen:
Blimey, you must be bored!

jenkz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jenkz » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:40 pm

HA! This ain't heavy at all! I'm only 20 and I can remember worse! I live other end of Bolton, and we get bad drifts when it snowed, but this hasn't done that so far. Had to walk 3 miles to get the train the other day, could see people peering out through their windows. Must have been thinking I was mad walking in the blizzard. I think the whole world has gone soft! I mean come on its a bit of snow! Yes ice can be a problem but jeez!

It ain't half as bad as the three foot barrage we got when I was around 8ish I think. I was definitely at primary school as I had to walk to get there, yes you heard me, school wasn't closed! It was snow! Not a death bringing monster from the planet Zog!
Nat Lofthouse:

“in my day, there were plenty of fellas who would kick your b****cks off. The difference was that at the end of the match they would shake your hand and help you look for them!”

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:11 pm

jenkz wrote:HA! This ain't heavy at all! I'm only 20 and I can remember worse! I live other end of Bolton, and we get bad drifts when it snowed, but this hasn't done that so far. Had to walk 3 miles to get the train the other day, could see people peering out through their windows. Must have been thinking I was mad walking in the blizzard. I think the whole world has gone soft! I mean come on its a bit of snow! Yes ice can be a problem but jeez!

It ain't half as bad as the three foot barrage we got when I was around 8ish I think. I was definitely at primary school as I had to walk to get there, yes you heard me, school wasn't closed! It was snow! Not a death bringing monster from the planet Zog!
Why do I have Joe Worsley's voice in my head when I read this? :shock: :mrgreen:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:42 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:I tell you what, some of the shite weather we've had earlier this year and yet London gets a few specks and it's main item on't news. Did nobody die in Gaza today or somert? You'd think this was the first time England had had snow in years. Pansies.
It's absolutely pathetic. Our London office all went home at 10.30 yesterday due to the atrocious weather. Turn on SSN at lucnhtime to see pictures outside FA headquarters of about 3 inches of snow - our London office is about 300 yards from there.

Pathetic. How do they think people in Europe manage, or Canada, or large parts of America, or even amazingly, higher parts of England and Scotland? FFS, makes me angry, the skiving bastards..

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:10 pm

fatshaft wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:I tell you what, some of the shite weather we've had earlier this year and yet London gets a few specks and it's main item on't news. Did nobody die in Gaza today or somert? You'd think this was the first time England had had snow in years. Pansies.
It's absolutely pathetic. Our London office all went home at 10.30 yesterday due to the atrocious weather. Turn on SSN at lucnhtime to see pictures outside FA headquarters of about 3 inches of snow - our London office is about 300 yards from there.

Pathetic. How do they think people in Europe manage, or Canada, or large parts of America, or even amazingly, higher parts of England and Scotland? FFS, makes me angry, the skiving bastards..
Now that we can agree on

It's not the spirit that won us wars, etc!

But it is evidence of how fragile and frankly easily-f*cked the London transport infrastructure is (public and private)

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:16 pm

Poor excuse, as my experience of London Transport is that its about a gazillion times better than anywhere else's in this country. And its publicly subsidised. Quelle Surprise!
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.