Curry

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Fri May 12, 2006 2:41 pm

i prefer sausages

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Fri May 12, 2006 3:25 pm

Gnome wrote:
Ratbert wrote:Anyone in Brum try round the Balti Triangle in Sparkhill/Sparkbrook, but lock your cars up.
or just dont take your car! drove through there last week and i was terrified! and it was only about 5pm, but it was election day so everyone was a bit psycho :?
Aye, true. And it's ALWAYS a bit psycho round there - especially the bit just before you get to the ring road that transplants you to Somalia.
Little Green Man wrote:"best", "cosmopolitan", "excellent", "good", "superb"

Has fanz been abducted and replaced by little green men?
So you and he are the same? :wink:

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Fri May 12, 2006 3:44 pm

pork

dave1980
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dave1980 » Fri May 12, 2006 7:56 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Stop it with this keema/peshwari naan naansense. It's plain naan or, at a push, garlic naan.
It shouldn't be naan's at all. The Naan bread isn't traditionally Indian (It was probably invented by us along with the Tikka Masala!) and you shouldn't be eating your curries with rice either. Traditionally it should be curry & chapaties (or the the other thin unleavened bread variety - is it raitha?)

Anyway that said. The best curry places I can remember are

Spice Valley in the valley - very traditional not a Naan in sight

Spice Island - Possibly the best take away there is I recommend the bengal balti!

Most of the curries available in Goa - They are streets ahead of any UK versions

All wahed down with either Cobra, kings or Bombay Export - I went off Kingfisher last year on holiday.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri May 12, 2006 8:00 pm

dave1980 wrote:Spice Island - Possibly the best take away there is I recommend the bengal balti!
SURELY A TRADITIONALIST WOULDN'T GO WITHIN A MILE OF A BALTI
Sto ut Serviam

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri May 12, 2006 9:34 pm

I had some gorgeous fish curries while on holiday in Kerala a couple of years back. The highlight was a plate of
Barracuda Malabari. If I didn't know better, I'd have thought he was the other half of Kendo Nagasaki's tag team.

dave1980
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dave1980 » Sat May 13, 2006 11:20 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
dave1980 wrote:Spice Island - Possibly the best take away there is I recommend the bengal balti!
SURELY A TRADITIONALIST WOULDN'T GO WITHIN A MILE OF A BALTI
Your quite right but then again I'm not really a traditionalist mainly because I eat both rice and Naans myself. ( Althougth I prefer chapatties)

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:31 pm

Time to revisit this thread in the light of my first trip to the Curry Mile in Rusholme today.

Christ knows what I ate - my Indian mate picked it for me..........ferkin superb!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:41 pm

i honestly prefer them 'meal for two' takeaway bags you get from tesco or asda then any proper takeaway. Rusholme a different ball game though!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:11 am

Batman wrote:Time to revisit this thread in the light of my first trip to the Curry Mile in Rusholme today.

Christ knows what I ate - my Indian mate picked it for me..........ferkin superb!
Any chance of getting your Indian mate to let us know what you had then?

Otherwise, it's a little like someone bumping up the Joke thread by dint of someone having told them a joke that they can't remember. Don't yer think? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:14 am

Or Mumtaz in Bradford
Aye, if you don't mind the money laundering.

International on Morley St. Best by a long mile.
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:23 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Batman wrote:Time to revisit this thread in the light of my first trip to the Curry Mile in Rusholme today.

Otherwise, it's a little like someone bumping up the Joke thread by dint of someone having told them a joke that they can't remember. Don't yer think? :conf:
Seeing as he isn't here I'll have to let you know.

It was called Daal or Chaal or summert like that

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:25 am

Batman wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Phaal?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:28 am

jaffka wrote:
Batman wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Phaal?
Phaallus?
Last edited by General Mannerheim on Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:29 am

No it wasn't that.

I'll check and get back to yer

Either way it was sooperb