Go Mexico!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:48 pm

America were not lucky against the Italians. They were robbed. Diving bastards and a Barry Knight job from Uruguay. They nearly beat them with 9 men. Lucky my ass. They have been unlucky for 2 games and shite v the Czech's in the opener.

Hazerduz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Hazerduz » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:07 pm

Lets hope Mexico can play some good footy vs Argentina.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:05 pm

Hazerduz wrote:Lets hope Mexico can play some good footy vs Argentina.
I do hope so - I'm looking forward to that game - could well be a cracker.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:05 pm

Jared declares himself fit!

Let's have some of this please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5bBe5pojaI

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:00 pm

Borgetti plays against the Argies. Go Mexico. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:06 pm

Get in!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:10 pm

Great goal from Borgetti ... pity 'twas at the wrong end.

Oh well, 80 minutes to make ammends ...
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:16 pm

Borgetti knows that because he's missed a few games he's got his work cut out to be top scorer.

So naturally stopping Crespo going further ahead of him is a good tactic.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:25 pm

Can you believe that Lionel Scaloni is Argentina's rightback for this game, after the first choice got injured last game? Surely those famed Mexican wingers will murder him...
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Milky_Joe
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Milky_Joe » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:37 pm

Typical, you wait 52 years for a Bolton striker to score at the World Cup, and he put's it in the wrong net.... :oops:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:50 pm

Brilliant football match. Total class. Mexico overawed? Not a bit of it. Borg unlucky but he's doing okay. Heinze should have seen red and been off. Last man, blatant foul and he gets a yellow. Argies conning the ref all over the place. COME ON MEXICO.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:59 pm

What an amazing match!

Little Mexico are not only playing well, they are competing with guts, skill and commitment. A magical 90 minutes of top class entertainment spoiled only by Mark "the parrot" Lawrenson's drivel. Borgetti gets a whack in the face and "Lawro" accuses him of "whinging". Have the referees been instructed to make sure the favourites go through? The amount of "favours" re-fre kicks would make one think so. :twisted:

COME ON MEXICO

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:01 pm

Best game of the WC so far this. Jared has missed some got chances, but all strikers are guilty of it. He looks sharp. It baffles me as to why he never played regularly for you guys.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:37 pm

BRAVO MEXICO

Superb, brilliant, fantastic match. Argentina won and their winning goal was a cracker, but what a show by little Mexico.
Pushed and shoved all over the park by bigger opponents they battled to the end. Tired legs after 90 minute? Don't give it me. This was a suprshow and I'm a CONFIRMED fan of Mexico. VIVA GENERAL MARQUEZ, VIVA MUCHACHOS !!! :P

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:31 pm

Salcido and Orosio looked none too shabby at the back for Mexico. Maybe The Borg could have a word with El Sam.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:42 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Can you believe that Lionel Scaloni is Argentina's rightback for this game, after the first choice got injured last game? Surely those famed Mexican wingers will murder him...
Yeah, good point, can we please stop all the Mexico fellating? If you can't beat a team with Scaloni in it then go home. I thought it was a typical Mexico performance, 9 guys behind the ball, only goal from a set piece, most overrated team on Earth.

Out in the round of 16 again, just goes to show you that FIFA can protect whoever they want in the group stages but they can't do much about the knock-out.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:51 pm

H. Pedersen wrote: [Yeah, good point, can we please stop all the Mexico fellating? If you can't beat a team with Scaloni in it then go home. I thought it was a typical Mexico performance, 9 guys behind the ball, only goal from a set piece, most overrated team on Earth.
Huh..??? :shock:

Apathy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Apathy » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:11 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote: [Yeah, good point, can we please stop all the Mexico fellating? If you can't beat a team with Scaloni in it then go home. I thought it was a typical Mexico performance, 9 guys behind the ball, only goal from a set piece, most overrated team on Earth.
Huh..??? :shock:
It's because Mexico are to the Americans, like England are to the Scottish. :twisted:

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:46 am

Was impressed with both sides, though there was always only gonna be the one winner.

What an amazing goal from Maxi Rodrigues, the best I have seen in a long time. Well done son.

Borg looked sharp, was unlucky.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:39 am

H. Pedersen wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Can you believe that Lionel Scaloni is Argentina's rightback for this game, after the first choice got injured last game? Surely those famed Mexican wingers will murder him...
Yeah, good point, can we please stop all the Mexico fellating? If you can't beat a team with Scaloni in it then go home. I thought it was a typical Mexico performance, 9 guys behind the ball, only goal from a set piece, most overrated team on Earth.

Out in the round of 16 again, just goes to show you that FIFA can protect whoever they want in the group stages but they can't do much about the knock-out.
Come off it pedders. Mexico ran that first half, they were very open and attacking. I can hardly remember the Argies creating a chance in the first half. Argentina scored a goal from a set piece and a wondergoal, hardly creating chance after chance was it?

This antagonism is hardly good for Mexico/USA relations is it? :)

As for Mexico's set pieces, Sam should watch and learn. They were fantastic, absolutely fantastic. I've gone on about them enough in this thread:

Mexican set pieces
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside