Thats us out then...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:08 am

Ah feck it
lets go out 11-10 on pens after a 4 all draw with Portugal...
Then we'll have had a great world cup....
and can all enjoy the Germans winning the final....

we must be the only country on gods green earth where the aftermath of world cupvictory will concentrate on how rubbish we were against Trinidad and Tobago....
I wish I was Greek... or are they shuffling guiltily around apologising for being bad for football after winning euro 2004?
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:11 am

Mar wrote:If we put on a show and go out at least we'll have the memories of putting on that show. Take Argentina for example, if they go out they'll still be able to look back and say what a cracking victory it was when they slotted home 6 goals against respectable European opposition. Yet when we look back we can say what a shoddy performance it was against Paraguay, T&T, Sweden and Ecuador.

At this present moment, i'd be happy with just one decent England performance.
You see that's where I disagree. Sure, the state of the English football has been at best boring and at worst frankly appalling but I'll always prefer shoddy victory over quality defeats.

Who will care in five, ten or twenty years time how good our football was in this world cup? All that will be remembered is that we got to the quarters, or the semis or we won it or whatever.
Businesswoman of the year.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:28 am

norm the jedi wrote: I wish I was Greek...
Bloody hell! It's not that bad!

:D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:19 am

The new statement at the final whistle has been selected. "They thought it was all over, well it wasn't"! :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?