General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:35 pm

don't be buying your festive fayre from Iceland this Christmas!! :wink:

(yes - I reckon it has been photoshopped a wee bit!)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:42 pm

Well we have the lot in government now.
IDS as Caligula.
Osborne as Nero.
Cameron as Pilate washing his hands over the death of people.
From Guardian comments :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:28 pm

thebish wrote:don't be buying your festive fayre from Iceland this Christmas!! :wink:
On that packet on Minge Pies there, the pie at the front appears to have been filled with cat shit. :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:14 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:don't be buying your festive fayre from Iceland this Christmas!! :wink:
On that packet on Minge Pies there, the pie at the front appears to have been filled with cat shit. :?
:shock: :shock: :shock: It does and all !

I like that putting them out on a table is merely a "serving suggestion".
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:21 am

advice/experience/ideas welcome...

My eldest is shipping his partner over from Miami to stay over Christmas for two months... His partner's birthday is actually on Christmas Day...

how do you deal with someone (other than Jesus!) having a birthday on Christmas Day??

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:33 am

thebish wrote:advice/experience/ideas welcome...

My eldest is shipping his partner over from Miami to stay over Christmas for two months... His partner's birthday is actually on Christmas Day...

how do you deal with someone (other than Jesus!) having a birthday on Christmas Day??

Say Happy Chrisday. Buy him one present and tell him he's lucky to get that.

Anyway, not your problem, you'll be working, won't you?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:37 am

Pity them and go 'aaawww' a lot. Bet they'd like that.

I'm in need of some christmas advice.

My older brother is planning on spending it with his girlfriends family. I'm dead against this as they aren't married. Plus, they live together so they could do with not seeing each other for one day. Plus, he's never had christmas anywhere else, the dick.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:40 am

Beefheart wrote:My older brother is planning on spending it with his girlfriends family. I'm dead against this as they aren't married. Plus, they live together so they could do with not seeing each other for one day. Plus, he's never had christmas anywhere else, the dick.
So, what advice are you seeking ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:43 am

Beefheart wrote:

My older brother is planning on spending it with his girlfriends family. I'm dead against this as they aren't married. Plus, they live together so they could do with not seeing each other for one day. Plus, he's never had christmas anywhere else, the dick.

And?

If he's committed to living with this girl it's obviously serious. Why would he want to spend the day away from his partner?

I presume you're pissed off because he normally comes to you/ your parents? Just have a quiet word about making sure he comes to you next year and that he visits you/ your parents BEFORE eating and drinking too much at the (prospective) in laws.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:46 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Beefheart wrote:

And?

If he's committed to living with this girl it's obviously serious. Why would he want to spend the day away from his partner?

I presume you're pissed off because he normally comes to you/ your parents? Just have a quiet word about making sure he comes to you next year and that he visits you/ your parents BEFORE eating and drinking too much at the (prospective) in laws.
Oh, I wasn't being serious about that point.

Currently, I plan to just drive down there with my little brother with a big sack, kidnap him and bring him back for Christmas. It's what Santa would have wanted.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:27 am

Throw a birthday party for them like any other day?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:31 am

Worthy4England wrote:

a birthday party with christmas cake and christmas crackers and turkey by any chance? :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:33 am

Beefheart wrote:

Auntie Claire says:

Stop being an interfering old bat. I'm guessing if he lives with his girlfriend, he's of an age where he can make his own mind up about where to spend Christmas. You could Christmasbomb him by telling him Santa doesn't exist though.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:35 am

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

a birthday party with christmas cake and christmas crackers and turkey by any chance? :D
No do a Birthday cake instead (this might of course be full of currents and mixed fruits etc. possibly with a hint of marzipan and icing too! Auntie Claire says:

You're probably more worred about it than they are, as for them, it happens every year...

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:38 am

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Wrap their present twice as well. Once in christmas themed wrapping paper, and once in birthday themed. Definitely counts as two presents then.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:39 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Beefheart wrote:

Auntie Claire says:

Stop being an interfering old bat. I'm guessing if he lives with his girlfriend, he's of an age where he can make his own mind up about where to spend Christmas. You could Christmasbomb him by telling him Santa doesn't exist though.
Nope, it's up to me, I get to decide. I'm in charge of Christmas around here.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:41 am

Beefheart wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Beefheart wrote:

Auntie Claire says:

Nope, it's up to me, I get to decide. I'm in charge of Christmas around here.
Bah, Humbug.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:05 am

Stick to tradition.

Gold, frankincense and myrrh.

And put him up in your stable.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:18 am

The birthday & Christmas cancel each other out, so you celebrate neither.
I suggest you spend the day lying on the sofa watching the Die Hard movies back to back.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:24 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
The birthday & Christmas cancel each other out, so you celebrate neither.
I suggest you spend the day lying on the sofa watching the Die Hard movies back to back.
Once upon a time it was Wonderful Life on Christmas Day, then A Christmas Carol (in one of its many forms) then several years of Jason and the Argonauts, then several more of Zulu...and now Die Hard? (Mind, you can usually find Wonderful Life, a Scroogy and Miracle on 34th Street if you look hard enough). :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?