General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:39 pm

You utter fecker... :P (I was doing my best to avoid that sort of aardvark's squiff)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:07 pm

Top forty Richard Madeley quotes.

http://happyfingersproductions.com/gues ... efensible/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cracked up at most of them.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:14 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Top forty Richard Madeley quotes.

http://happyfingersproductions.com/gues ... efensible/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hard to believe most of these are true! More Partridge-esque than the man himself.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:23 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Top forty Richard Madeley quotes.

They were quite good - How's he managed to get away with all that and still be on TV (if indeed he is still on TV)... :-)

One that was on another site which I found amusing was
R&J are interviewing a man and a woman with dwarfism about 2 years ago. They had just come from Parliament, where they’d been protesting about the discrimination against little people and how the only jobs they could get were in panto and the like. To set the tone of the discussion, Madeley introduced a clip from Austin Powers showing how little people were cruelly treated as figures of fun for our entertainment.

Unfortunately the Mini-Me clip was really quite funny. He then asked the woman about playing a Wookie and meeting George Lucas (this is all true, I swear). I kept watching in horror, until he turned to the bloke and said, ‘So you’re protesting about this discrimination now. You must have had it up to here,’ and put his fingertips to his forehead.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:02 pm

To a teenager suffering from anorexia ....... “5 stone! That’s concentration camp thin that is”

:shock: :shock:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:07 pm

wigan white wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Help!

Just who the feck is Kendra Wilkinson? Supposed to be a celeb and going into the jungle, she's eye candy but that's all I know :conf:
She's a former Playboy Bunny and Ex-Girlfriend of the Heffner. She starred in "Girls of the playboy mansion" then had her own series about her and her American football playing husband (not Heffner)......and embarrasingly this info is not googled, it comes from years of watching crap TV with the ex-wife (honestly) :oops:

She is tidy and with reasonable assumption I think she'd be an absolute "Dirtbox" (Kendra, not the ex-wife) :twisted:
In other words, she is nothing more than a prostitute, gold digger and media whore. I'll give it a miss.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:40 pm

malcd1 wrote:
wigan white wrote:

Just who the feck is Kendra Wilkinson? Supposed to be a celeb and going into the jungle, she's eye candy but that's all I know :conf:
She's a former Playboy Bunny and Ex-Girlfriend of the Heffner. She starred in "Girls of the playboy mansion" then had her own series about her and her American football playing husband (not Heffner)......and embarrasingly this info is not googled, it comes from years of watching crap TV with the ex-wife (honestly) :oops:

She is tidy and with reasonable assumption I think she'd be an absolute "Dirtbox" (Kendra, not the ex-wife) :twisted:
In other words, she is nothing more than a prostitute, gold digger and media whore. I'll give it a miss.
Have you met my ex then? :lol:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:42 am

Forgot how to tell the time. Went into Greggs at 11 thinking it was midday and wondered why they looked at me weirdly ordering a steak bake. :oops:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:18 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/n ... amic-dinar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One set of bankers you wouldn't object to for receiving a bonus.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:35 pm

wigan white wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
wigan white wrote:

Have you met my ex then? :lol:
I have, many seasons ago. She was lovely! :-)
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:36 pm

↑↑↑↑ Which is odd. She spoke very poorly of you !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:51 am

Relaxing today in overcast and cool conditions. It's 21ºC as I type. Yesterday though was a humdinger. 38.1ºC at Maison Dujon (that's a tickle over the 100ºF mark for those of you who live in the dark ages).

Yes, AT, I am well aware that that's cool at your place - it also gets warmer here too but not to your extremes.

I'd have stuck this in the 'angry' thread but there's a convoluted discussion going on there at the moment. Anyway, somehow or other a fire started; how I don't know but it sure as heck it wasn't lightning. Certainly we didn't have a Total Fire Ban in place, but what effwit would light a fire in such conditions? Literally hundreds of fire fighters and their appliances have been on the ground and a dozen or so 'water bombing' helicopters assisting by hitting the 'hot spots' where ground personnel find it difficult or impossible to access. I might add that the vast majority of those fire fighters are volunteers. They are not, though, the equivalent of Aunty Flo turning up at the church jumble sale to help on a stall as they are highly trained (and fit) men and women. I know, as I used to be a member of that group and my son and his wife are now heavily involved.

Where I live is in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney. I, like all my fellow residents, am surrounded by trees, even in the populated bits. I'm not speaking of a copse but of hundreds upon hundreds of square kilometres of rugged terrain containing million upon million eucalyptus trees. You can probably look up the area on one of those satellite imaging web sites to get an idea.

We are fine (although worried at times yesterday) as the fire was still three or four kilometres from ours and, apart from the little sports car, have no means of evacuating. Also it seems that no property damage has been incurred and no injuries reported.

Choppers are still at work (I can hear them) and some Remote Access Fire Teams (RAFTs) are apparently being deployed.

What, me worry?

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:14 am

bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑↑ Which is odd. She spoke very poorly of you !!
Both you and Bijou shall now be requested to be placed on Bruce's culling list, you bastards :lol:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:13 am

some people might be angry about this!

Oxford Dictionaries have announced today that their international Word of the Year 2014 is vape.
It’s now widely known that if you vape, you inhale and exhale the vapour produced by electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes or e-cigs). These contain a solution of water and glycerin plus nicotine and flavourings. This mixture is passed over a hot filament to deliver it as a vapour. Using an e-cigarette makes you a vaper. The action is vaping, and a single inhalation and exhalation is a vape. The e-cigarette is also sometimes itself called a vape:
Her post-shoot model kit today is a simple pair of jeans and a lumberjack-check, cheongsam-style Marc by Marc Jacobs shirt, plus vape in hand that she occasionally puffs.
Sunday Times, 2 Nov. 2014.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:57 pm

ok, tenth person to comment on this is a wrong 'un http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relation ... r-sex.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:09 pm

Right. Take serious note of this. Its important.

Son #2 has a friend who's a junior reporter at the Sun. He tells me that today Mystic Meg had an internet failure and so couldn't input her horoscopes in time for tomorrow's edition. So the junior was told to knock one together.

Therefore, for tomorrow only, DO NOT take any life changing decisions based on Septic Leg's predictions as they won't be as accurate as usual. I felt I owed you this.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:15 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:ok, tenth person to comment on this is a wrong 'un http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relation ... r-sex.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never have, never would but clearly there is a market.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:49 pm

[bobo] He might well turn out to be more accurate than Meg. Charlatans are astrologers. :mrgreen:

[Hoboh] Nor I. It's never crossed my mind. Mind you I've paid dearly for the connubial privilege over the last few decades. :smile:

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:20 pm

Remember when Mystic Meg used to be box office on the lottery! Household name. The 90's eh
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:00 pm

Well, had someone crashed into it in one of these then I doubt it'd have been the pub coming off worse (Pic borrowed from Bygone Bolton on FB)

May the bridges I burn light your way