The athletics/running thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:05 pm

Week 2 completed (in the pissing rain :( )
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:46 pm

Got out for my first run in over 3 weeks. Everything hurt and got abuse from a mate who was passing in his car, about how slow I was going :oops: 6 miles done though and something to start building on again
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:18 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Got out for my first run in over 3 weeks. Everything hurt and got abuse from a mate who was passing in his car, about how slow I was going :oops: 6 miles done though and something to start building on again
Well done M. You following it up with a run or two this week then?!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:29 pm

Midway through week three tonight. Felt good so did an additional few minutes uphill at the end. Feel like I might be starting to get somewhere now as my calf muscles and whatever those ones are called that run up the outside of the shin have stopped aching on the way round.

Smoked cod and savoy cabbage for dinner, washed down with Fanta Zero :hang:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:32 pm

Four mile brisk walk last night and a run over the same course this evening. I'm aching more than I have since I started to run again. Really need to work on my stamina. Not happening at the moment.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Midway through week three tonight. Felt good so did an additional few minutes uphill at the end. Feel like I might be starting to get somewhere now as my calf muscles and whatever those ones are called that run up the outside of the shin have stopped aching on the way round.

fanta zero??? :vomit: surely a glass of water would taste better!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: !¬

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:10 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Midway through week three tonight. Felt good so did an additional few minutes uphill at the end. Feel like I might be starting to get somewhere now as my calf muscles and whatever those ones are called that run up the outside of the shin have stopped aching on the way round.

fanta zero??? :vomit: surely a glass of water would taste better!!
Correct. I blame myself. I even have Perrier int' fridge. :?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:46 pm

'Same great taste, zero sugar' is the greatest lie of our time.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:09 am

My knee is knacked. Can't walk downstairs without discomfort and every bugger seems to have a horror story about Meniscus tears from surgery.

One happy bastard last night told me his friend had surgery and never ran again.

Back to the physio tonight. :evil:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:20 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:My knee is knacked. Can't walk downstairs without discomfort and every bugger seems to have a horror story about Meniscus tears from surgery.

One happy bastard last night told me his friend had surgery and never ran again.

:(

Sorry to hear that GtE. Hope it's better news then you think tonight at the physio.

Does that mean total rest, no swimming or cycling in addition to the rest from running?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:37 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:My knee is knacked. Can't walk downstairs without discomfort and every bugger seems to have a horror story about Meniscus tears from surgery.

:(

Sorry to hear that GtE. Hope it's better news then you think tonight at the physio.

Does that mean total rest, no swimming or cycling in addition to the rest from running?

Not sure about swimming, as I haven't tried yet. No impact stuff. Cycling is okay up to now.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:43 am

This should be renamed the visit the surgeon thread!

Really jut how many old dodderers do you see walking around that have cycled to London, swim the channel, run through France then shagged a womans football team at half time.

When you are older your knees, ankles, hips will be fecked up, moderation is the key, I think anyone running 26 miles is a dick not a hero and a potential drain, self inflicted, on the NHS.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:50 am

Hoboh wrote:This should be renamed the visit the surgeon thread!

Really jut how many old dodderers do you see walking around that have cycled to London, swim the channel, run through France then shagged a womans football team at half time.

When you are older your knees, ankles, hips will be fecked up, moderation is the key, I think anyone running 26 miles is a dick not a hero and a potential drain, self inflicted, on the NHS.

Okay, I'll bite.

Why don't you just fvck off you stupid cvnt?

For your information any treatment I get for running/ exercise related injuries I pay for privately. If I had to wait for the NHS I'd end up as emotionally crippled as you.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:05 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Okay, I'll bite.

For your information any treatment I get for running/ exercise related injuries I pay for privately. If I had to wait for the NHS I'd end up as emotionally crippled as you.

Big Big man ain't you? So just because your a prat who thinks running around like a dick is clever and you are sooooooo impotanrt no one is allowed a different view, me emontionally crippled? look at the shite you post from time to time it sounds like a feckin' play ground story!
Just glad yor down souith we don't need dicks like you up here!

There you go, bit you feckin' back

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:12 am

Hoboh wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Okay, I'll bite.

Big Big man ain't you? So just because your a prat who thinks running around like a dick is clever and you are sooooooo impotanrt no one is allowed a different view, me emontionally crippled? look at the shite you post from time to time it sounds like a feckin' play ground story!
Just glad yor down souith we don't need dicks like you up here!

There you go, bit you feckin' back

This is a thread about athletics and running which encourages endeavours and shares experiences of those endeavours. I try not to be affected by your diatribes on other threads as other people are quick enough to put you down but you are obviously on a wind up here. Well done, you got me.

Now if you have nothing else to add why don't you go back to masturbating over the latest copy of the Daily Mail with your Maggie Thatcher silk hanky?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:29 am

The running progamme that I'm currently midway through is founded and funded by the NHS, you know, so as to reduce the risk of me being a burden on them. And if we follow your 'logic' Hobo, then we'd have to ban all amateur sports, as well as smoking and drinking, crossing the road, eating fried food..................

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:37 am

^^

...and we have to ban your motorbike as falling off that puts a strain on the NHS, though I suppose there is a teeny tiny miniscule remote chance it might knock some sense into you.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:50 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:

The running progamme that I'm currently midway through is founded and funded by the NHS, you know, so as to reduce the risk of me being a burden on them. And if we follow your 'logic' Hobo, then we'd have to ban all amateur sports, as well as smoking and drinking, crossing the road, eating fried food..................
Riding motorbikes, being a reactionary bigot (high blood pressure, might get punched).

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:22 am

Totally short-sighted bollocks. Worse than that a pathetic wind up to kick a decent poster while he's down. Get a fecking grip.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:22 am

Actually just realised how utterly futile writing that last sentence was.