Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:54 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Skived off harriers committee and finished my reports this evening. How anyone could ever name a child 'Song Water Lily' is beyond me....
I hope that point is made in your report !

She should be marked down deliberately.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:00 am

Gooner Girl wrote:Skived off harriers committee and finished my reports this evening. How anyone could ever name a child 'Song Water Lily' is beyond me....
Private school?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:45 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Was tempting. And yes Dan, she is. Her siblings have wacky names too.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:49 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Mr GG has a job interview for a rival company. I think this is a good thing, he has been where he is for ages and is getting annoyed with stuff going on. If he got a new job it would mean probably more pay, hopefully less stress but a tiny bit longer commute. However, his current job he can work flexi time which means he has Friday afternoons off to look after the kids whilst I am at work so if the new job doesn't offer that it will be no good. We shall see...
Had the interview this morning, went ok but he felt uneasy about it all though couldn't put his finger on why. Not sure the pay will be enough more to make it worth moving from the secure job he has had for ages. Plus he forgot to ask about Friday afternoons. :doh: Not sure he cares whether he gets a second interview or not!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Was tempting. And yes Dan, she is. Her siblings have wacky names too.
Try to think of really chavy abbreviations for them and call them by that instead.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:27 pm

new pipes! 8)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:45 pm

Just found this. The wife worked for the MEN then and we enjoyed corporate hospitality in their box. Great stuff, and given who scores our goal at the end, it seemed the right time to post it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4huEBftNc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:40 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Just found this. The wife worked for the MEN then and we enjoyed corporate hospitality in their box. Great stuff, and given who scores our goal at the end, it seemed the right time to post it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4huEBftNc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daylight robbery ... and all the better for it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:05 pm

I was in a corporate box on the opposite side of the stadium with eight City fans. I was ALMOST embarrassed when we scored. I just sat there with a huge grin on my face.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:17 pm

I watched that game on tv or webstream (can't remember which). I don't think I've ever felt limper after a game. Unbelievable!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:08 pm

I think it's safe to say I won't go back to smoking again. I'll never knock anyone's rights to do it because I enjoyed it for years, but it's going up for nine months now since I quit so I think I can say I've cracked it. I made the decision and stuck with it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:17 pm

Well done Tango. It must have been hard.

Have you seen much improvement in your finances or has the extra money just been swallowed up with something else?
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I think it's safe to say I won't go back to smoking again. I'll never knock anyone's rights to do it because I enjoyed it for years, but it's going up for nine months now since I quit so I think I can say I've cracked it. I made the decision and stuck with it.
Well done, you. Have you given up the electric cig too, Tango?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:35 pm

Good going, TANGO. If a junior might be allowed to proffer advice to his senior?

Don't ever give in to the thought that 'one won't hurt me'. From my experience it does. I thought I'd kicked the habit but after twelve months of abstinence I took that dreadful internal advice.

Congratulations, mate, keep it going and stay strong.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:42 pm

Dujon wrote:Good going, TANGO. If a junior might be allowed to proffer advice to his senior?

Don't ever give in to the thought that 'one won't hurt me'. From my experience it does. I thought I'd kicked the habit but after twelve months of abstinence I took that dreadful internal advice.

Congratulations, mate, keep it going and stay strong.

Can I echo Dujon's advice and sound words here?
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:I think it's safe to say I won't go back to smoking again. I'll never knock anyone's rights to do it because I enjoyed it for years, but it's going up for nine months now since I quit so I think I can say I've cracked it. I made the decision and stuck with it.
Well done, you. Have you given up the electric cig too, Tango?
I've still got it but can honestly say it isn't a fixture or a problem. I may puff it a couple of times a day but some days I forget all about it. Both of us have dropped right down to the weakest tobacco flavour too. It really isn't a problem.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:52 am

Way to go. old timer... :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:31 am

Well done Tango. I'll echo Dujon's advice. Keep at it as even after several years you still get the odd craving.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:04 am

Good one Tango. Now dump the evil* electonic ciggie.

*Note to Bish - its very existence, in this case, determines its evilness. I realise that one e-ciggie is no different to any other, and the fact one is puffed and another isn't is down to pure circumstance.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:13 pm

No-one really knows the full health impacts of e-cigs yet do they? but they seem OK to me!

a doctor I know tells their patients when they ask, "Well, it's better than smoking, but probably still not as good as air!"
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;