What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm

jmjhb wrote:I watched an incredible Swedish vampire film last weekend, called Let The Right One In: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/

Watch it if you can, it's absolutely brilliant. The last time I've seen child actors put on as good a performance as this was probably Pan's Labyrinth.
Ah good. I'd heard about this a while back but never got round to seeing it. I'll give it a bash.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:49 pm

For you music fans, 11-40 0n Channel four. A film, "Joe Strummer-The Future is Unwritten". Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone hadn't seen it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:54 pm

The Devil's whore, Ep 2, starts in 5 mins on C4. :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:01 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:For you music fans, 11-40 0n Channel four. A film, "Joe Strummer-The Future is Unwritten". Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone hadn't seen it.
Anyone who hasnt seen it, you are stayingin tonight. You're future is written. Awesomely good. Best film ive seen in a cinema in ages.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:11 pm

Oh goody. I thought Westway to the World was pretty damn good, so its got something to live up to.

CHeers for the heads up guys, there goes the early night. :D
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:36 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Oh goody. I thought Westway to the World was pretty damn good, so its got something to live up to.

CHeers for the heads up guys, there goes the early night. :D
Not seen that, but shall have a looky. Hope you arent dissapointed tonight, i loved it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:15 am

I just watched Prince Caspian, part two of The Chronicles Of Narnia. Scary stuff all thos dwarves and mutants and killing and all. :oops:

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:23 am

TANGODANCER wrote:I just watched Prince Caspian, part two of The Chronicles Of Narnia. Scary stuff all thos dwarves and mutants and killing and all. :oops:
It's set in Blackburn?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:03 am

warthog wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:I just watched Prince Caspian, part two of The Chronicles Of Narnia. Scary stuff all thos dwarves and mutants and killing and all. :oops:
It's set in Blackburn?
Darwen. More rural. :wink:

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:09 pm

William the White wrote:The Devil's whore, Ep 2, starts in 5 mins on C4. :D
Caught a bit of that last night. The trouble is, I keep expecting Oliver Cromwell to disappear on a drug bust.

You'd have to see The Wire to understand this.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:28 pm

warthog wrote:
Caught a bit of that last night. The trouble is, I keep expecting Oliver Cromwell to disappear on a drug bust.

I'm expecting him to drink-drive, crash a car into a pillar and then f*ck a waitress!

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:54 pm

jmjhb wrote:
warthog wrote:

I'm expecting him to drink-drive, crash a car into a pillar and then f*ck a waitress!
A few adjustments to allow for the times and that could work. He gets shit faced on mead, crashes a horse drawn buggy into a tree and then humps a serving wench.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:29 pm

Louis Theroux - good if depressing stuff as usual - can't help thinking Phily must be twinned with the scuzzy bits of Liverpool/Glasgow/Cardiff/London.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:56 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00g1fp1

Just watched this on iPlayer: "After Rome: Holy War and Conquest"

Very interesting - beautifully shot and masterfully presented by a pre-mayoral election Boris Johnson who comes across very well indeed as the old-school, intellectual, articulate, intelligent, polyglot, charming Englishman abroad. He's like an academic James Bond, flitting between different historical sites, his rolled-up sleeves the only acknowledgment of the heat of the midday sun.
Last edited by mummywhycantieatcrayons on Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:10 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00g1fp1

Very interesting - beautifully shot and masterfully presented by a pre-mayoral election Boris Johnson who comes across very well indeed as the old-school, intellectual, articulate, intelligent, polyglot, charming Englishman abroad.
Which he is very good at. Mayor of London though?

Sorry, just wanted an excuse to play with colours.

Mummy did u ever find a way to get around iplayer not being able to work abroad? People from Manchester Uni can do it by somehow, but u need a uni password and address. Any ideas?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:14 am

Prufrock wrote:

Very interesting - beautifully shot and masterfully presented by a pre-mayoral election Boris Johnson who comes across very well indeed as the old-school, intellectual, articulate, intelligent, polyglot, charming Englishman abroad.

Mummy did u ever find a way to get around iplayer not being able to work abroad? People from Manchester Uni can do it by somehow, but u need a uni password and address. Any ideas?
Why not? It seems to me that intelligence, charm, cultural awareness/sensitivity might all be helpful qualities to take into the job.

Sorry, can't help you with the iPlayer problem.... a huge pain in the ass. You need to speak to somebody far more clued-up than me.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:11 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Why not? It seems to me that intelligence, charm, cultural awareness/sensitivity might all be helpful qualities to take into the job.

Sorry, can't help you with the iPlayer problem.... a huge pain in the ass. You need to speak to somebody far more clued-up than me.
As i said, just love playing with colours :wink:. In all seriousness, love the man as a writer, and a spokesperson for Classics, he just doesnt strike me as a pollitician.

Techies, any iPlayer help?

As for what I'm watching, Stephen K Amos Live At The Apollo, which is ok, but remarkable for the fact he starts heckling Mark Speight in the crowd, very very strange to see him there. Shivers down me spine and all that.

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:49 am

Rome on discovery. Pullo's my hero and he kicks arse with aplomb. Great series.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IiGfPzwRB ... re=related
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:06 pm

Paths of Glory.

Forgotten how good it is.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:41 pm

Not watching anything. My Fxxxing TV blew up. :evil: It's a goner ( I've had great service out of it for years so it's like losing a mate) so that's another wallop of money on the way out of the bank. Got to have another for MOTD. Wife will be watching some other crxp in the lounge. Ain't it typical.