Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:32 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:Bobo you're a HR man. In your experience would someone who has had their contract T's & C's changed without consultation be able to walk away from their job and cite constructive dismissal?

This shot across the bows is what's needed to make the Government see they have an obligation, as employers, to do right by their employees isn't it?
In short, no.

There HAS been ... is currently ... consultation. There is no obligation to agree on the terms under discussion just that there were meaningful consultations. Whatever position you take on the subject this is the case.

After those conclude, with or without agreement, due notice may be served and the new terms can be implemented thereon.

The employee may take it upon themselves to resign, but a claim of constructive dismissal on these grounds would not successfully follow.

Do you prefer my hourly rate, or daily rate with free follow-up offer.(discounted if you have a season ticket 8) ) ?
You owe me a pint. Consider it paid in full (bloody London prices)!

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:32 pm

I was on strike and in the Manchester march today - a very good turnout too and lots of teachers, parents and kids. Thankfully no sign of any trouble it was very good natured, only one or two of these wankers with scarves over their faces wearing black hoodies tried to tag along but police had them covered right enough.

Sick of hearing Government making out dirupting a day's school will ruin kids' education. Having a day off for a royal wedding is alright though I guess.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:42 pm

P.O.S. wrote:I was on strike and in the Manchester march today - a very good turnout too and lots of teachers, parents and kids. Thankfully no sign of any trouble it was very good natured, only one or two of these wankers with scarves over their faces wearing black hoodies tried to tag along but police had them covered right enough.

Sick of hearing Government making out dirupting a day's school will ruin kids' education. Having a day off for a royal wedding is alright though I guess.
Saw the march go by as I was on my lunch - sat on a wall for a bit and looked to see if I recognised any of my hot teachers but no, I couldn't see Miss Grimshaw anywhere :(

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:54 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:I was on strike and in the Manchester march today - a very good turnout too and lots of teachers, parents and kids. Thankfully no sign of any trouble it was very good natured, only one or two of these wankers with scarves over their faces wearing black hoodies tried to tag along but police had them covered right enough.

Saw the march go by as I was on my lunch - sat on a wall for a bit and looked to see if I recognised any of my hot teachers but no, I couldn't see Miss Grimshaw anywhere :(
I tell you what, I wish Rivi and Blackrod back in my day had some of the teachers that I saw today - frickin sweet they were. As was the MEN reporter who came to our picket and on the march with us, she was top, and she knew it.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:55 pm

Oh I did see some fitties, but mostly dumpy middle-aged wimmin with lumpy arses and long skirts. No fun.

Still, weather was nice

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:19 pm

P.O.S. wrote:I tell you what, I wish Rivi and Blackrod back in my day had some of the teachers that I saw today - frickin sweet they were. As was the MEN reporter who came to our picket and on the march with us, she was top, and she knew it.
... and Gooner Girl's "men don't all check women out as a matter of course" theory takes another direct hit !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:21 pm

was she as fit as Kelly from Tower FM? That's the benchmark

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:22 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:I tell you what, I wish Rivi and Blackrod back in my day had some of the teachers that I saw today - frickin sweet they were. As was the MEN reporter who came to our picket and on the march with us, she was top, and she knew it.
... and Gooner Girl's "men don't all check women out as a matter of course" theory takes another direct hit !!
she's got us all wrong, clearly.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:was she as fit as Kelly from Tower FM? That's the benchmark
She had red hair, that's usually me sold immediately anyhow. Never seen the Tower FM girl...pics!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:55 pm

P.O.S. wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
she's got us all wrong, clearly.
* sticks fingers in ears.... LA LA LA (Trying to think the best of you men, don't shatter my illusions!)

Today i am angry about husbands that think they know better then the sat nav! :roll:

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:10 am

Took my limit out of the bank yesterday; had $25 left over.
Went to pay on card $24.90 for fuel....bloody declined.

went to bank and I had $19; 1st of the month ****** fees.

I've decided though not to look for another bank but to apply for no fees, which I have to go to a branch for that.

I did find a baseball today near a donation dumping ground and behind a cars tyre; so that's good

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:13 am

Watched 'Copa America Classics' on ESPN Classic - Uruguay v Mexico from 2004 - and despite both teams being all-round bastards today, not seven short years ago they played a hard and fair game with hardly any diving or cheating.

Saddens me to think that the same game played today would be an absolute festival of cheating.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:21 pm

Today I'm angry about the nonsensical think-of-a-number scoring system they use in tennis.
Businesswoman of the year.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:06 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Today I'm angry about the nonsensical think-of-a-number scoring system they use in tennis.
Today I'm happy about the fact that they thought of the right ones to send Murray packing.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:05 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Today I'm angry about the nonsensical think-of-a-number scoring system they use in tennis.
its based on a clock.

quarter past , half past , etc

i think

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:06 am

See, that works fine until you get to 20-to.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:07 am

a1 wrote:
its based on a clock.

i think
Why do they go from half past to twenty to, instead of quarter to?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:09 am

Worthy4England wrote:
a1 wrote:
its based on a clock.

i think
Why do they go from half past to twenty to, instead of quarter to?
it's very boltonian to say 'love' such a lot, though.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:40 am

its from wiki-wiki-wiki , but i remember 'knowing' it from before then, and it seems feasible..

Game scoring origins

The origins of the 15, 30, and 40 scores are believed to be medieval French. It is possible that a clock face was used on court, with a quarter move of the hand to indicate a score of 15, 30, and 45. When the hand moved to 60, the game was over. However, in order to ensure that the game could not be won by a one-point difference in players' scores, the idea of "deuce" was introduced. To make the score stay within the "60" ticks on the clock face, the 45 was changed to 40. Therefore, if both players have 40, the first player to score receives ten and that moves the clock to 50. If the player scores a second time before the opponent is able to score, they are awarded another ten and the clock moves to 60. The 60 signifies the end of the game. However, if a player fails to score twice in a row, then the clock would move back to 40 to establish another "deuce".[3]

Another theory is that the scoring nomenclature came from the French game jeu de paume (a precursor to tennis which used the hand instead of a racquet). Jeu de paume was very popular before the French revolution, with more than 1,000 courts in Paris alone. The traditional court was 90 ft in total with 45 ft on each side. When the server scored, he moved forward 15 ft. If he scored again, he would move another 15 ft. If he scored a third time, he could only move 10 ft closer.

The origin of the use of "love" for zero is also disputed. It is possible that it derives from the French expression for "the egg" (l'œuf) because an egg looks like the number zero.[ "Love" is also said to derive from l'heure "the hour" in French[citation needed]. A third possibility comes from the Dutch expression iets voor lof doen, which means to do something for praise, implying no monetary stakes.

full bizness here-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_score" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:20 pm

I thought it was based on different gun calibres from way back when?