General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 06, 2016 12:39 pm

He's back - Purple Aki. Hide your muscles away :D

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/muscle-fan-ak ... -1-7896170" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri May 06, 2016 12:58 pm

I may have regaled you with this one before, but many years ago, Purple Acky was appearing in Leigh Magistrates court. His brief came into the nick and lost her rag with me at the front desk over his treatment by local Police. Unfortunately for her, she hadn't eaten quite enough mints to hide the smell of gin. 8 minutes later she was blowing twice the legal limit after leaving the Mags court car park. Fined, banned and I believe, disbarred from practice :lol:

I love it when karma strikes :grin:
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 06, 2016 1:03 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I may have regaled you with this one before, but many years ago, Purple Acky was appearing in Leigh Magistrates court. His brief came into the nick and lost her rag with me at the front desk over his treatment by local Police. Unfortunately for her, she hadn't eaten quite enough mints to hide the smell of gin. 8 minutes later she was blowing twice the legal limit after leaving the Mags court car park. Fined, banned and I believe, disbarred from practice :lol:

Well you certainly haven't regaled me of that one. Good work. :D

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri May 06, 2016 1:18 pm

Hoboh wrote:Anyone know who this fcuker is?

Christopher Amos

I've just been reading his rants in the BN comments section, the bloke is a total fruitcake, the reason I ask is I'm sure I saw that name banded around on here once, was he a member? Batman?
Wasn't he the bloke behind Mrs respectable? Some chap who threatens to go to the Police if he doesn't like what you've posted. Be careful Hoboh!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 06, 2016 1:19 pm

Not Batman, unless Amos is a pseudonym.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri May 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I may have regaled you with this one before, but many years ago, Purple Acky was appearing in Leigh Magistrates court. His brief came into the nick and lost her rag with me at the front desk over his treatment by local Police. Unfortunately for her, she hadn't eaten quite enough mints to hide the smell of gin. 8 minutes later she was blowing twice the legal limit after leaving the Mags court car park. Fined, banned and I believe, disbarred from practice :lol:

Well you certainly haven't regaled me of that one. Good work. :D
Or the one where he took my boss aside in the town centre one night and told him "I run this town. Now butt out or I'll burn your house down with your kids in it"?

He did claim after that one a significant degree of Police brutality.................but neither I or anyone else there saw a thing :conf: I'll keep the rest to myself or there'll be calls in the Guardian and the Mirror for an Orgreave stylee public review.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri May 06, 2016 3:38 pm

I had never heard of Purple Aki, so looked him up in Wikipedia. Good Lord! I may have to wash my monitor.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri May 06, 2016 4:48 pm

Sat at my desk at work, working as you do, earlier. Everyone got up and left at 11 for the weekly team meeting, which I'd forgotten about completely. Didn't even notice anybody had left until they came back at 11.30.

:/
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat May 07, 2016 5:54 am

Hoboh; re Christopher Amos.

If you're a motor racing enthusiast would you be gathering the familiarity of the name from Chris Amon (F1 and Le Mans driver in the 60s and 70s)? He's a Kiwi.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 08, 2016 10:15 pm

Trying to drive home from Lower Darren earlier. The natural route to mine is to take the Grane Road and then turn right at The Grey Mare onto Jackson Heights Road, then follow it through Edgworth. What became obvious was that the moors are on fire, what was less obvious was as to why the Police helicopter was hovering above the fire. Then I got to the Grey Mare which the Police had closed off and had the Mountain Rescue crews in attendance, so I drove towards Haslingden. Then I saw the Fire Brigade getting the inflatable boats out by Calf Hey Rezzie. Let's just hope that everyone got home tonight.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue May 10, 2016 8:43 am

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 10, 2016 11:01 am

^^ I'd say it was the kid who was awesome. :pray:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 10, 2016 4:45 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... t-73953675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

10 grand!! ha ha ha.

You know what they say about a fool and their money.

Bob the builder most have seen her a mile away :mrgreen:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue May 10, 2016 5:28 pm

some incisive guardian comments commenting there hoboh2o!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed May 11, 2016 2:00 pm

the local CVS has just sent me an unsolicited invitation to the following....

Alcohol Abuse Awareness

The session will raise general awareness about the relationship between older adults and alcohol; covering topics such as signs and symptoms, risk factors, how to initiate those conversations and where to signpost. The session is interactive with a myth buster quiz as well as tasting some mocktails during the break.

The session will be run by Drink Wise, Age Well - a lottery funded health initiative that aims to encourage people to make healthier choices about alcohol as they age. As part of the awareness session, they will include info about the project and the different services within it.

:?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed May 11, 2016 3:13 pm

So signpost is a verb now? I can't say I'm surprised.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed May 11, 2016 3:36 pm

Beefheart wrote:So signpost is a verb now? I can't say I'm surprised.
Apparently since the Nineteenth Century according to the OED, Beefy.
1. trans. To bring to the attention of an audience, readership, etc., often in a manner that is predictable or lacking in subtlety; to make conspicuous.

1884 E. H. Hickey in R. Browning Strafford Introd. p. vii, The special beauty of certain passages should not be ‘sign-posted’, but..the poet should be left to speak for himself.

1949 Billboard 2 July 51/1 Its plot [is] fairly signposted from midway of the first act.

1976 Howard Jrnl. 15 i. 39 The different themes..could perhaps have been signposted better to make the reader's task easier.

2009 New Yorker 16 Nov. 62/1 He often appears so determined to signpost excitement..that real excitement is hard to detect.

"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu May 12, 2016 2:05 pm

We'd just finished some environmental work on one of our estates when we were given a great opportunity of a local artist to do some carvings from the remaining tree stumps. I'm not too keen on their first effort
Attachments
shl (Medium).jpg
shl (Medium).jpg (100.98 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 12, 2016 2:21 pm

It'll be better when it's finished.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu May 12, 2016 2:49 pm

Don't like acorns, Harry? :wink: