General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by thebish » Thu May 26, 2016 1:35 pm

ha! :-)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu May 26, 2016 2:01 pm

thebish wrote:what??? :shock:

It HAS to be photoshopped. Doesn't it?

I'll pop over the border this evening and let you all know..... :pissed:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 26, 2016 2:23 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
thebish wrote:what??? :shock:

It HAS to be photoshopped. Doesn't it?

I'll pop over the border this evening and let you all know..... :pissed:

take some tissues...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 30, 2016 10:35 am

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne ... -stupidity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A politician talking sense, at last.
“You can’t legislate against human stupidity,” Entsch said on Monday. “This is a tragedy but it was avoidable. There are warning signs everywhere up there.”
“You can only get there by ferry, and there are signs there saying watch out for the bloody crocodiles,” he said. “If you go in swimming at 10 o’clock at night, you’re going to get consumed.”

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 30, 2016 10:40 am

Hoboh wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne ... -stupidity

“You can’t legislate against human stupidity,” Entsch said on Monday. “This is a tragedy but it was avoidable. There are warning signs everywhere up there.”
“You can only get there by ferry, and there are signs there saying watch out for the bloody crocodiles,” he said. “If you go in swimming at 10 o’clock at night, you’re going to get consumed.”
But we're the signs readable at night ? Well ?? Illuminated signs ... that's what you need. Poor woman. The authorities want shooting.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 30, 2016 10:50 am

I don't normally like foreign politicians commenting about our political affairs, but this one has insightfully summed up Brexit.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 30, 2016 11:20 am

Worthy4England wrote:

I don't normally like foreign politicians commenting about our political affairs, but this one has insightfully summed up Brexit.
Getting a touch desperate you Remainians spreading your myths to other threads?

No wonder WW3 will breakout with you lot invading :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 30, 2016 11:27 am

Not really - I'd have some way to go, to catch you up, good Sir. :-)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 30, 2016 11:56 am

Worthy4England wrote:Not really - I'd have some way to go, to catch you up, good Sir. :-)
:lmfao: :wink:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 31, 2016 10:48 am

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016 ... in-flordia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You never know what might be lurking in the bunkers :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:57 am

So Amir Khan wants to box for Pakistan in the Olympics? Not sure why, since he is born and bred English ( Bolton) and has lived here all his life, and representing your counry is supposed to be what it's all about? His father is Pakistani, but then again mine was Irish but I was born here so I'm English. I'm not going to start howling "traitor" like lots seem to be doing on media sites, but I find it a bit odd? One or the other, surely?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:04 am

TANGODANCER wrote:So Amir Khan wants to box for Pakistan in the Olympics? Not sure why, since he is born and bred English ( Bolton) and has lived here all his life, and representing your counry is supposed to be what it's all about? His father is Pakistani, but then again mine was Irish but I was born here so I'm English. I'm not going to start howling "traitor" like lots seem to be doing on media sites, but I find it a bit odd? One or the other, surely?

As far as I am aware TD he has dual nationality. GB have said they won't be sending any Professional Boxers to the Olympics and so Khan, like his brother Haroon, has opted to go down the Pakistani route. Nothing odd as far as I can see.

Now the question as to what professional sports men and women have to do with the Olympics is one I DO find odd. That's what should be being discussed.
Last edited by Gary the Enfield on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:11 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:So Amir Khan wants to box for Pakistan in the Olympics? Not sure why, since he is born and bred English ( Bolton) and has lived here all his life, and representing your counry is supposed to be what it's all about? His father is Pakistani, but then again mine was Irish but I was born here so I'm English. I'm not going to start howling "traitor" like lots seem to be doing on media sites, but I find it a bit odd? One or the other, surely?

As far as I am aware TD he has dual nationality. GB have said they won't be sending any Professional Boxers to the Olympics and so Khan, like his brother Haroon, has opted to go down the Pakistani root. Nothing odd as far as I can see.

Now the question as to what professional sports men and women have to do with the Olympics is one I DO find odd. That's what should be being discussed.
It's taking the piss somewhat out of the amateurs who have fought and qualified for Rio and now find themselves up against pro's. Bizarre and unfair in equal measure.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:23 am

He says, howling "Traitor".
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:31 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
No, he doesn't do anything of the kind, simply quotes today's Sun report.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
No, he doesn't do anything of the kind, simply quotes today's Sun report.
Anyhow - I was listening to a report on this last night. For me, The Olympics is a series of amateur events.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:19 pm

How can Khan represent Pakistan when he's already represented Great Britain? Surely that's not allowed?
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:52 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:How can Khan represent Pakistan when he's already represented Great Britain? Surely that's not allowed?
Looks like it is. Zola Budd ran for GB in the 84 Olympics and South Africa in 1992.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Yes, but that was for OUR benefit!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:05 am

Weird coincidence. I'm flying to Philadelphia this weekend (before spending M-F in Allentown for work) so will hopefully be watching England's opening Euro 2016 game in a bar there. The last time I was in Philly was June 2012 where I watched England's opening Euro 2012 game against France. Bet your house on a 1-1 draw.