The Wind

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:50 pm

They only use that one when it's convenient. When the snow hits it's usually balemed on El Nino or some other shite.

There are warm winters, and there are cold winters. Global Warming exists, but let's not wet our pants blaming every single weather event on it.

If you guys think the BBC is crap, try living with our media.

I'm on a rant rampage here aren't I?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:52 pm

There's no proof for Global Warming. We've 200 years of westher records for a billion year old planet,, possibly not the best sample size!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:54 pm

americantrotter wrote:They only use that one when it's convenient. When the snow hits it's usually balemed on El Nino or some other shite.

There are warm winters, and there are cold winters. Global Warming exists, but let's not wet our pants blaming every single weather event on it.

As far as we can tell Americans blame cold weather on Canada during their weather forecasts. Well, it's our revenge for acid rain.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:54 pm

All right, in my opinion it exists. however that still doesnt lead me to blame every weather event on it.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:55 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
americantrotter wrote:They only use that one when it's convenient. When the snow hits it's usually balemed on El Nino or some other shite.

As far as we can tell Americans blame cold weather on Canada during their weather forecasts. Well, it's our revenge for acid rain.
"Artic blasts coming down from Canada." Yep that leads the weather a lot. :mrgreen: Although we like them in the Summer.

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Crouch > Davies » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:56 pm

blurred wrote:
Crouch > Davies wrote:Last time I looked fencing wasn't cheap. So I would consider it a huge deal.
A huge deal? Hyperbole anyone?

Seriously - Hurricane Katrina = huge deal. Now that's weather. Not a bit of wind like we've got here.

Yes, be careful out there because it is dangerous with gusting winds, and be safe on the roads and when travelling, but let's have some perspective eh? It's tragic that some people have been hit and killed by flying debris, but we're not facing 'devastation', just some mis-placed garden furniture and chimneys by and large.
I'll be the judge of what I consider to be serious, thank you, not you.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:58 pm

Scousers in a fight! On a Bolton board! :P

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Crouch > Davies » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 pm

americantrotter wrote:Scousers in a fight! On a Bolton board! :P
Too bad I'm not a Scouser, I'm from St Helens. :wink:

Just been told that a tree landed on 2 pupils at my old school but neither of them are seriously hurt. The strange thing for me is seeing the mutated traffic lights, which are literally everywhere.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:01 pm

americantrotter wrote:Scousers in a fight! On a Bolton board! :P
Careful at, don't call them scousers I got a right rollicking from them for that.
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:02 pm

aye aye aye calm down la's!

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:03 pm

I know, but Liverpool Supporteing non scousers isnt as funny a desription when referring to a fight. :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:10 pm

Had a true stroke of luck tonight after a shit day:

Started off getting p----d through, going to work, (bus and train), wrecked my umbrella and finally got there late but hey-ho, what time is it? Looked at a bare wrist; watch gone. I know I looked at it just as we got to Oxford Road, but after that? No one in work had seen it; reported it to the building reception..gone. A Casio diver's/date watch with a ten-year battery and 200mts water resistance; present from the wife two Christmases ago. Gutted.

Next up, a sack of mail missing. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the staff Finally traced that through pounding the Royal Mail ear unmercifully and it arrived at 12-0'clock. Busy enough day until weather/accident reports started coming in. MD finally decided it might be a good idea to let the staff go at 4-15. Mail hadn't been picked up but, home affairs first. Then the great news that there was nothing out of Picadilly (where my train originates) Fantastic. Left work and decided to at least see what Oxford Road Station knew. Oxford Road itself gridlocked and at a standstill. Masses of folk outside the station and half a dozen arm-flapping coppers. Much wailing and howling in many tongues, and people throwing themselves under baby buggies and burning effigies of the station master, and hundreds waiting to board a forty-seater free bus to nowhere.

Guided by a blinding light and pulled forward by a hypnotic siren-voice,I walked on up the steps and emerged into concrete desolation, all the computer display boards as blank as David Beckham on Mastermind. Six people and a bemused flagwaver, as bewildered as the ones at the Portsmouth game. Every answer met by a headshake and "Nope, sorry" Still I persevered and asked the dreaded question: "Don't suppose there's anything heading Bolton way?"

"Matter of fact, there is" he replied and I experienced a wild surge of hope. The train due in two minutes time, terminated at Bolton (poor folk for Horwich, Chorley, Preston, Wigan and points beyond etc were left to wonder what happens next) Me, I got on and was in Bolton twenty minutes later. The twenty minute wait for a bus in the howling wind seemed as nothing after that. Home and safe while the public-sector travellers, for all I know, may still be there yet.

All's well that ends well. Still no watch, but compared to what happened to some unfortunate folk today, I'll livewith it. "Tomorrow, as per "Gone with the wind" (awful pun) is another day"

End.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

perfan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by perfan » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:24 am

It normally takes me 40 minutes to get home. Last night it took 3 hours.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:25 am

It took me 6 hours to get from Salford Quays to Bolton - admittedly 5 1/2 hours where spent in the City Road Inn :mrgreen:
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Idiot Wind
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Idiot Wind » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:31 am

perfan wrote:It normally takes me 40 minutes to get home. Last night it took 3 hours.
Quite similar for me, usually takes an hour but took 4 last night.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:37 am

usually do mine in 15 minutes, last night took 20 MINUTES FFS!!! :evil: :mrgreen:

the road outside my house was closed practically all night as well, had to persuade the copper to let me passed to get to my driveway

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:50 pm

I was in Manchester yesterday and saw a little old lady blown several feet through the air by the wind, landing on her head. Ambulance was called, bit of a bad do really. At times it was like trying to walk through water against that wind!
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:58 pm

We were let out of work at 3.30 because the place was almost falling down, we got back in this morning to find plaster all over the floor, cracks all over the walls and half the company logo embedded in one of the company vans

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:03 pm

Just had fish and chips for lunch so its got windy round here again!! :mrgreen: :oops:

F:)
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:04 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:It took me 6 hours to get from Salford Quays to Bolton - admittedly 5 1/2 hours where spent in the City Road Inn :mrgreen:
The very fact that you managed to leave the City Road Inn with your limbs still attached is actually quite impressive.
Smarties have answers.....