Which town in the UK is the biggest crap hole you been to?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon May 28, 2007 8:08 pm

Cas isnt that bad....I actually live fairly nearby...and it has an awesome X-Scape. Its certainly no Featherstone or Barnsley.

Grimsby is grim, but they do have great fish and chips.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Mon May 28, 2007 8:11 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Cas isnt that bad....I actually live fairly nearby...and it has an awesome X-Scape. Its certainly no Featherstone or Barnsley.

Grimsby is grim, but they do have great fish and chips.
Went to Cas yesterday for the rugby and I found there to be a distinct Royston Vasey character about the place, though to be fair Xscape is a crackin' development.

Agree with Worksop being up there as well btw
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 28, 2007 8:20 pm

I once said on here somewhere Hebden Bridge in the rain is about as grim as it gets. Oh, and then there's Todmorden.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Mon May 28, 2007 8:29 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I once said on here somewhere Hebden Bridge in the rain is about as grim as it gets. Oh, and then there's Todmorden.
Todmorden was the hotspot for UFO sightings at one time,I think it was more wishful thinking on the part of the townfolk,Dr shipman had a house there as well and it looks like something out of the adams family.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 28, 2007 8:35 pm

Porrohman wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:I once said on here somewhere Hebden Bridge in the rain is about as grim as it gets. Oh, and then there's Todmorden.
Todmorden was the hotspot for UFO sightings at one time,I think it was more wishful thinking on the part of the townfolk,Dr shipman had a house there as well and it looks like something out of the adams family.
Nah, it was Ramsdens Stonetrough Ales. After a few pints of that everything's a UFO. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Mon May 28, 2007 10:05 pm

Wednesbury, West Midlands. I went there once and saw Doug McClure being chased by dinosaurs.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Mon May 28, 2007 10:06 pm

Bench wrote:Birmingham.

End of thread.
You trying to make me feel better? :|

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 28, 2007 10:31 pm

Good thread

I spent three years in Hull... one weekend!

That won the title for a while but recently I went to Port Talbot, south Wales. CAPS points out that ex-coaltowns are soul-shuddering places; for non-locals (which I believe is everyone here except Bobby5) this one's a decaying steeltown on the eastern rim of Swansea bay with two-fifths of f*ck-all going for it.

See the "slideshow" here. Picture 2 is the M4, for feck's sake.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Mon May 28, 2007 10:40 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Good thread

I spent three years in Hull... one weekend!

That won the title for a while but recently I went to Port Talbot, south Wales. CAPS points out that ex-coaltowns are soul-shuddering places; for non-locals (which I believe is everyone here except Bobby5) this one's a decaying steeltown on the eastern rim of Swansea bay with two-fifths of f*ck-all going for it.

Looks a nice place - this is what Slough as to offer -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/s ... _sign.html

:cry:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 28, 2007 11:22 pm

sluffy wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Port Talbot, south Wales. CAPS points out that ex-coaltowns are soul-shuddering places; for non-locals (which I believe is everyone here except Bobby5) this one's a decaying steeltown on the eastern rim of Swansea bay with two-fifths of f*ck-all going for it.

Looks a nice place
Having spent two nights there, trust me Sluffster it ain't - particularly not at closing time!

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Tue May 29, 2007 5:40 am

As I said I lived in Skem for a couple of years. Before that I lived in a town on the west coast of Scotland. This place made the old gorbels look selubrious, may I present Saltcoats. I'd rather have lived in Hulme. :oops:

http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php? ... e&sid=1218

Thread is over now. :mrgreen:
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue May 29, 2007 7:52 am

I'll second Commie's Bradford. Followed closely by Castleford, Halifax and Manchester.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Tue May 29, 2007 9:21 am

Any town twixt Manc Vic and Bolton. Any town that is linked to a military airfield, particularly Scampton, Ely, Wattisham, Kinloss, Yeovil, Brawdy. Also Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, GRIMsby, 'ull, Pompey, Plymouth. Trouble is you can smell the public toiletrs but you can never find them. Surprised to hear about Farnworth as that used to be quite nice (back in the fifties (!)). I live in thje posh part of East London, but two hundred yards in any direction is the pits. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Le Snake
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Le Snake » Tue May 29, 2007 11:34 am

Gravedigger wrote:Any town twixt Manc Vic and Bolton. Any town that is linked to a military airfield, particularly Scampton, Ely, Wattisham, Kinloss, Yeovil, Brawdy. Also Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, GRIMsby, 'ull, Pompey, Plymouth. Trouble is you can smell the public toiletrs but you can never find them. Surprised to hear about Farnworth as that used to be quite nice (back in the fifties (!)). I live in thje posh part of East London, but two hundred yards in any direction is the pits. 8)
There may be nothing else there, but Ely cathedral is pretty damn spectacular, and comfortably disqualifies it from this list on its own.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue May 29, 2007 11:40 am

I forgot Ashton in Makerfield, Haydock, Carlisle, Burnham on Sea (in the winter), Bridgewater. Infact anywhere ive been sent to work.

perfan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by perfan » Tue May 29, 2007 12:08 pm

Morecambe

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Tue May 29, 2007 12:13 pm

perfan wrote:Morecambe
Second that. I took my kids to Fleetwood and they said "is this it?" Grim indeed.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Tue May 29, 2007 12:18 pm

perfan wrote:Morecambe
Oh god yes.
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Tue May 29, 2007 1:10 pm

nobody said luton yet?

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Tue May 29, 2007 1:14 pm

Le Snake wrote:
Gravedigger wrote:Any town twixt Manc Vic and Bolton. Any town that is linked to a military airfield, particularly Scampton, Ely, Wattisham, Kinloss, Yeovil, Brawdy. Also Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, GRIMsby, 'ull, Pompey, Plymouth. Trouble is you can smell the public toiletrs but you can never find them. Surprised to hear about Farnworth as that used to be quite nice (back in the fifties (!)). I live in thje posh part of East London, but two hundred yards in any direction is the pits. 8)
There may be nothing else there, but Ely cathedral is pretty damn spectacular, and comfortably disqualifies it from this list on its own.
Oh, aye! Seen that many times but any building serving only red wine doesn't deserve promoting. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.