The Open

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:39 pm

Isn't Garcia the fellow who wept like a tart when he lost the other year?

If he can cock it up once, he'll likely do it twice

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:40 pm

If anyone who is on -3 is worth a bet, I reckon it is Els.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:42 pm

Choi was good money before the tournament began

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:45 pm

Daxter wrote:If anyone who is on -3 is worth a bet, I reckon it is Els.
get much better odds on di marco if you fancy one of the pack on -3. over 40/1 on betfair.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:16 pm

James B wrote:
Daxter wrote:If anyone who is on -3 is worth a bet, I reckon it is Els.
get much better odds on di marco if you fancy one of the pack on -3. over 40/1 on betfair.
Good calls, both. However, of the two, my money would have to go on Di Marco as Els is always likely to stick one OOB on such a narrow course.

I have to say that it really is gripping this year. You just know that if Garcia feck* it up (as he so often does) that Woods is hovering just below.

We'll see!
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:27 pm

My money's on it as it stands now; Garcia, Strycker then Furik, Di Marco and Paul Mac battling for third spot.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:28 pm

Don't count out Tiger yet. He'll be trying to do a Stricker and Garcia has no experience of winning on the big occasion.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:30 pm

I saw him whack a couple into the stream........he looked horribly out of it.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Good calls, both. However, of the two, my money would have to go on Di Marco as Els is always likely to stick one OOB on such a narrow course.
Which Els did today, of course, on his way to making a snowman on the 6th. He did very well to come back from that, but I don't think you can count on attacking Carnoustie in the way he did all day without making some mistakes, so I agree with Bruce.

I watched Di Marco all the way round last year at Hoylake with Woods on the last day, and he was flawless and pushed Tiger all the way. He'd definitely be my pick from that group at -3 too.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:25 am

bogey-free round yesterday for el nino

in the bag for me

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:47 pm

The course is the same, the clubs are the same and the only thing that changes is the player. It's never greater torment than when the pressure is on the leader. Romero was coming like a train then hit two horrendous tee shots when he had a chance to overtake Garcia who is suddenly missing short putts. Stricker missed a couple of gimme's when in with a big chance. Padraig Harrington has crept up on them all to share the lead but now he too faces the pressure. Big Ernie is probably the most experienced on the pressure scene but even he's needing long putts fro par right now. Fraid my money's still on Garcia.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:51 pm

Romero takes the lead.

I'm hoping Harrington takes it to be honest.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:48 pm

Romero had a bit of a mare at the last two, taking 6 and 5 to finish on 6 under.

Harrington leads by one, its his to lose for me. Garcia is shadow of his former self (well, of the last few days anywho).
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:04 pm

Harrington has bottled it.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:30 pm

Garcia agnozingly close. The momentum has to be with Harrington now going into the play off.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:35 pm

Aye, Garcia must have had the wind clubbed out of his sails after practically owning this tournament for 3 days. 4 hole playoff awaits. Romero must be a bit more than annoyed too!
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:37 pm

Cant' believe Romero shooting a 67 with two 6's.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:44 pm

Since my second nationality is Irish, heart says Harrington, but head says Garcia (who has played four immaculate rounds of golf). Come on Padraig, prove me wrong.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:49 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Since my second nationality is Irish, heart says Harrington, but head says Garcia (who has played four immaculate rounds of golf). Come on Padraig, prove me wrong.
You're about as Irish as McAteer

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:02 pm

Batman wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Since my second nationality is Irish, heart says Harrington, but head says Garcia (who has played four immaculate rounds of golf). Come on Padraig, prove me wrong.
You're about as Irish as McAteer
My father (and all the fathers before him) was from County Mayo.