Wine

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wine

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Yellowtail Chardonnay Tree Free (Sainsbury's £7.99). A splendid fruity little number. Like launching a ship, slides down, gathers speed, floats your boat.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Had these arrive yesterday. http://www.nakedwines.com/cases/arabell ... r-pack.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And these. http://www.nakedwines.com/cases/awesome ... case-1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh, and these too. http://www.nakedwines.com/cases/festive-fizz-pack.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Arabella ones are really nice. Good value too.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:06 pm

boltonboris wrote:Had these arrive yesterday. http://www.nakedwines.com/cases/arabell ... r-pack.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And these. http://www.nakedwines.com/cases/awesome ... case-1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh, and these too. http://www.nakedwines.com/cases/festive-fizz-pack.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have been doing Naked Wines for a while now (In fact, Boris, I think off of your recco) Always good stuff. Can't see which one's you've got there because I'm at work (server won't allow sites that involve alcohol, tobacco, gambling or partial nudity. Is that to save me from myself? :roll:) but will have a look when I get home.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Had these arrive yesterday. http://www.nakedwines.com/cases/arabell ... r-pack.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have been doing Naked Wines for a while now (In fact, Boris, I think off of your recco) Always good stuff. Can't see which one's you've got there because I'm at work (server won't allow sites that involve alcohol, tobacco, gambling or partial nudity. Is that to save me from myself? :roll:) but will have a look when I get home.
Mine's similar. How's your's with terrorism, heroin, and total nudity? Strangely enough it allowed me to gander at Kate Middleton's tits but won't let me put a tenner on Bolton to win the Playoffs, I could if I wanted watch "Innocence of Muslims" but can't look at theBish's photos on flickr. [I'm straying from the point, I'll go back to General Chit Chatter]
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:43 pm

I've just polished off a bottle of McGuigans Cab Shiraz around a vindaloo

It was OK but it reminded me why I prefer an ice cold Erdinger

I don't get wine
Sto ut Serviam

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:19 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:I've just polished off a bottle of McGuigans Cab Shiraz around a vindaloo

It was OK but it reminded me why I prefer an ice cold Erdinger

I don't get wine
Obviously right to do a heavyweight red if you have a vindaloo... Nothing else would have any chance of standing up to it...

Perfectly understandable to prefer a cold beer...

Some foods aren't really made for wine...

But...

To let you into a secret...

Some are!!! :D

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:48 pm

my old man responded to a Groupon wine offer the other day and when he inputted his details and old address came up that he hasnt lived at in about 7/8yrs, he couldnt remember registering before so checked his account details and it turns out he has been paying a direct debit to a wine club he forgot all about and the good folks at his old address have been signing for boxes of wine that had been delivered there!.. anyway, last week they resent him the 20 cases of wine, 240 bottles!!! bonus.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:52 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:my old man responded to a Groupon wine offer the other day and when he inputted his details and old address came up that he hasnt lived at in about 7/8yrs, he couldnt remember registering before so checked his account details and it turns out he has been paying a direct debit to a wine club he forgot all about and the good folks at his old address have been signing for boxes of wine that had been delivered there!.. anyway, last week they resent him the 20 cases of wine, 240 bottles!!! bonus.
Mega!!! Though, he must be doing all right, if he's not noticing DD's go out for wine!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:45 pm

yeah, inspired me to check my DB's too - he was paying monthly for a delivery evey quarter.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:03 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:yeah, inspired me to check my DB's too - he was paying monthly for a delivery evey quarter.
Fair play to the wine co. for sorting your old man out rather than arguing the toss, General. Which one was it? Strikes me that they're deserving of public praise.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:yeah, inspired me to check my DB's too - he was paying monthly for a delivery evey quarter.
Fair play to the wine co. for sorting your old man out rather than arguing the toss, General. Which one was it? Strikes me that they're deserving of public praise.
I'm confused - was it the wine co that made up the loss or did the people at his old address forward all his packages? I presume the latter, else they might go to jail.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:24 pm

no it was the wine company with the good will gesture (will let you know who when i see him) they said they would would bill the people at his old address...

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:31 pm

My quarterly box from Laithwaites arrived this evening. I only get reds off them and I've never had a bad bottle yet. All superb stuff!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:55 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:no it was the wine company with the good will gesture (will let you know who when i see him) they said they would would bill the people at his old address...
Good for them then. The people at the old address accepted mail for someone else and did not tell the GPO. Then they probably drank the wine or sold it. I expect they could be in a little legal difficulty.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:58 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Then they probably drank the wine or sold it. I expect they could be in a little legal difficulty.
I'm intrigued as to the legalities of this.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Then they probably drank the wine or sold it. I expect they could be in a little legal difficulty.
Me too tbh. These people signed for a package for someone else when they clearly had an obligation to say "He doesn't live here any more". Over here I suspect they would get sued if they refused to pay up and might even face fraud charges. The UK, I don't know.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Me too tbh. These people signed for a package for someone else when they clearly had an obligation to say "He doesn't live here any more". Over here I suspect they would get sued if they refused to pay up and might even face fraud charges. The UK, I don't know.
Well, we don't know that anyone's signed for anything yet, Monty. My mail order wine co. just push a card through the door letting me know where they've left it (round the back behind the bins etc.) I don't know how much it might alter things one way or the other if they have/n't obtained signatures?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:28 am

Would make an interesting case study actually! The folk at the old address are fooked either way.

If, as Bruce suggests, they were left behind the house, for example, then it is probably theft, from the wine company.

If they've taken delivery then they may well be fine, criminally, for the first lot, then after that it is probably theft and certainly fraud by misrepresentation.

If however the terms of the contract with the wine company stated that ownership of the wine passed to Mr and Mrs Mannerheim at a specific point, say delivery of the wine to the old address, then it could also be theft from them instead.

Serious stuff. I'd imagine the wine company will write a strong letter to the people at the old address demanding payment for the wine.

It's possible (though if they have good lawyers, unlikely) they have to give Mr and Mrs M the wine/money back, but I'd imagine they'll get their money back from the folks living there now, so makes sense from a goodwill standpoint to do it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:17 am

they definitely signed for the wine!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:08 am

Happened to us once, with online shopping. Did an order to arrive the day after we returned from holiday, never came.

Ends up they delivered to a house in a different street by mistake, and those people took the shopping we'd paid for!!!

We got refunded, but it didn't help having to trudge round Tesco's for food straight after a 12 hour flight!!