General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:38 am

thebish wrote:anyone still up??

if so - pop outside - have a look up at the moon... that bright thing right next to the moon is Jupiter...
Ah, that's what that was.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:17 am

Tonight, after sunset (post 4:36pm in Bolton) if you go and stand on top of Winter Hill and look out towards Belmont Ressie, locate the Pleiades and use this to find the constellation Taurus, and then within Taurus look for the bright planet Jupiter. It should just clear the horizon about quarter to five but it is better to wait about twenty minutes... and to the right of Jupiter you'll be amazed to see a huge shiny white disc with its light reflecting off Belmont Reservoir - that is the moon! :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:29 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Tonight, after sunset (post 4:36pm in Bolton) if you go and stand on top of Winter Hill and look out towards Belmont Ressie, locate the Pleiades and use this to find the constellation Taurus, and then within Taurus look for the bright planet Jupiter. It should just clear the horizon about quarter to five but it is better to wait about twenty minutes... and to the right of Jupiter you'll be amazed to see a huge shiny white disc with its light reflecting off Belmont Reservoir - that is the moon! :wink:
will you bollox - it'll all be obscured by a thick bank of cloud!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:47 am

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Tonight, after sunset (post 4:36pm in Bolton) if you go and stand on top of Winter Hill and look out towards Belmont Ressie, locate the Pleiades and use this to find the constellation Taurus, and then within Taurus look for the bright planet Jupiter. It should just clear the horizon about quarter to five but it is better to wait about twenty minutes... and to the right of Jupiter you'll be amazed to see a huge shiny white disc with its light reflecting off Belmont Reservoir - that is the moon! :wink:
will you bollox - it'll all be obscured by a thick bank of cloud!
The joys of stargazing in the UK.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:13 pm

I got the opportunity to see the Moon/Uranus thing over four hours and watch it make a 180 degree trip from left to right. Stargazing? Was I fxck; I was in A&E at Bolton Hospital with the wife who took the dog out for his last pee at 12-30, bent down to pat him and spiked herself in the eye on a Berberis plant. Lovely plants to look at but nasty spiny thorns on them. Her eye was bleeding and sore so she had to get dressed again and we walked up to A&E. Luckily we only live about half a mile away so got there at 1-30. We left at 5-30 by which time the
Uranus dot had changed sides. I wasn't really in much of a mood to appreciate the wonders of astronomy by then. Finally got to bed at 6.15 and I'm knackered. :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I got the opportunity to see the Moon/Uranus thing over four hours and watch it make a 180 degree trip from left to right. Stargazing? Was I fxck; I was in A&E at Bolton Hospital with the wife who took the dog out for his last pee at 12-30, bent down to pat him and spiked herself in the eye on a Berberis plant. Lovely plants to look at but nasty spiny thorns on them. Her eye was bleeding and sore so she had to get dressed again and we walked up to A&E. Luckily we only live about half a mile away so got there at 1-30. We left at 5-30 by which time the
Uranus dot had changed sides. I wasn't really in much of a mood to appreciate the wonders of astronomy by then. Finally got to bed at 6.15 and I'm knackered. :(
That was kind of hilarious in a sad sort of way. You've cheered me up. Mind you I was happy anyway. [NB It was the vision you planted in my head with "spiked herself in the eye on a Berberis" and "Lovely plants to look at"]
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:46 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:I got the opportunity to see the Moon/Uranus thing over four hours and watch it make a 180 degree trip from left to right. Stargazing? Was I fxck; I was in A&E at Bolton Hospital with the wife who took the dog out for his last pee at 12-30, bent down to pat him and spiked herself in the eye on a Berberis plant. Lovely plants to look at but nasty spiny thorns on them. Her eye was bleeding and sore so she had to get dressed again and we walked up to A&E. Luckily we only live about half a mile away so got there at 1-30. We left at 5-30 by which time the
That was kind of hilarious in a sad sort of way. You've cheered me up. Mind you I was happy anyway. [NB It was the vision you planted in my head with "spiked herself in the eye on a Berberis" and "Lovely plants to look at"]
They are. It's just better not to do it in the dark as she found to her cost. :wink:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:51 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
They are. It's just better not to do it in the dark as she found to her cost. :wink:
How's the dog? Not too traumatised I hope. It's quite offputting when about you're about to loose the lemon rain and your owner starts banshee screaming. Makes you all uptight about toilet matters.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:56 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
How's the dog? Not too traumatised I hope. It's quite offputting when about you're about to loose the lemon rain and your owner starts banshee screaming. Makes you all uptight about toilet matters.
He was more traumatised about the fact we were putting coats on and he wasn't coming with us. Coats = walks, regardless of the time of day or night.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:10 pm

I'm not sure what the moon Uranus thing was (a conjunction?) but I'm surprised you could see much of Uranus with the naked eye (and I'm not talking about contortionism).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:12 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
He was more traumatised about the fact we were putting coats on and he wasn't coming with us. Coats = walks, regardless of the time of day or night.
Same in my house. Hope Mrs Tango is ok!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:37 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
Same in my house. Hope Mrs Tango is ok!
Aye, she's fine 89 thanks. Sore, and has to put ointment in her eye four times a day, but okay apart from that .

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote: I'm not sure what the moon Uranus thing was (a conjunction?) but I'm surprised you could see much of Uranus with the naked eye (and I'm not talking about contortionism).
As thebish said, it was just like a star, but the night was frosty and clear and it was in view all through it.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote: I'm not sure what the moon Uranus thing was (a conjunction?) but I'm surprised you could see much of Uranus with the naked eye (and I'm not talking about contortionism).
As thebish said, it was just like a star, but the night was frosty and clear and it was in view all through it.
Bish was talking about Jupiter which is the third brightest object in the night sky. I've also seen Venus, Saturn, Mars and even Mercury with the naked eye, but never the outer planets. Since you talked about the spot I guess you did mean Jupiter?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:20 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bish was talking about Jupiter which is the third brightest object in the night sky. I've also seen Venus, Saturn, Mars and even Mercury with the naked eye, but never the outer planets. Since you talked about the spot I guess you did mean Jupiter?
Of course I meant Jupitanius.( all right Jupiter) Monty. :oops: Got a bit distracted by A&E and a collection of uranuses in there. :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:45 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Of course I meant Jupitanius.( all right Jupiter) Monty. :oops: Got a bit distracted by A&E and a collection of uranuses in there. :wink:
Ah, I now understand, by Jove!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Spotted a product in B&Q this morning with the name Alonso. It was a toilet. :|

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:30 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Spotted a product in B&Q this morning with the name Alonso. It was a toilet. :|
That's the trouble with joining Europe. It used to be Crapper. Now we'll have to learn to say "I have to take an alon."

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:15 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:Spotted a product in B&Q this morning with the name Alonso. It was a toilet. :|
That's the trouble with joining Europe. It used to be Crapper. Now we'll have to learn to say "I have to take an alon."
Worryingly they make kitchen products.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:51 am

Isn't it a nice feeling when unexpectedly somebody backs you up. Well, I've got to thank the Prime Minister for doing just that for me, because yesterday he took time out to make an important statement backing me up, and I didn't even vote for him at the last election...
David Cameron interrupting his statement to the House about the Levenson Inquiry wrote: The Status Quo is unacceptable
Why thank you Dave. :mrgreen:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください