Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:38 pm

Were you in Alfreton again LLS?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:26 am

A full stone now off. Picked up a programme called Legendary Abs last week. With it came a recommendation to try 'Planking'. Fecking heck it hurts, I'm really getting too old for this.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:30 am

Well done! How long have you been going BB? In guessing you've not lost a stone in a week?!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:35 am

Bijou Bob wrote:A full stone now off. Picked up a programme called Legendary Abs last week. With it came a recommendation to try 'Planking'. Fecking heck it hurts, I'm really getting too old for this.
Planking's free, man. Look on the bright side. (In fact, you already have, haven't you?! ;) )
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:33 pm

Happy my U10 girls beat a local rival school 18 to 6 and a half at rounders this afternoon. Apparently they lost to the same team last year so revenge was sweet. Oh and I also spent the afternoon out in the sunshine before demolishing several chocolate cream filled profiteroles. I love my job! :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:23 pm

I've just bartered (by proxy, on the phone) my missus's renewal car insurance down... £252 I've saved us, two hundred and fifty fecking two quid they managed to remove from the initial amount. I was so incensed that we looked around and found More Than willing to offer similar terms at a slightly higher price. I was chuffed to little mint halls when I rang back and cancelled her renewal... But why, they wailed we've knocked shedloads off? Exactly, you shysters, shoulda not put it up so much in the first place. Happiness is relative, but I'm glowing in a perverse feeling of revenge.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:46 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I've just bartered (by proxy, on the phone) my missus's renewal car insurance down... £252 I've saved us, two hundred and fifty fecking two quid they managed to remove from the initial amount. I was so incensed that we looked around and found More Than willing to offer similar terms at a slightly higher price. I was chuffed to little mint halls when I rang back and cancelled her renewal... But why, they wailed we've knocked shedloads off? Exactly, you shysters, shoulda not put it up so much in the first place. Happiness is relative, but I'm glowing in a perverse feeling of revenge.
Wife's just got notice from Virgin (Virgin, you know, those poverty stricken people who own half the world) that her phone bill's going up. Her contract has about three months to run and I'll take great pleasure in listening to all the reasons why we shouldn't cancel that. Greedy,greedy people.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:52 pm

Prufrock wrote:Well done! How long have you been going BB? In guessing you've not lost a stone in a week?!
Cheers. 3 week's in and hurting! I, sniff, miss, stifled sob, bread sooo much :-(

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:40 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I've just bartered (by proxy, on the phone) my missus's renewal car insurance down... £252 I've saved us, two hundred and fifty fecking two quid they managed to remove from the initial amount. I was so incensed that we looked around and found More Than willing to offer similar terms at a slightly higher price. I was chuffed to little mint halls when I rang back and cancelled her renewal... But why, they wailed we've knocked shedloads off? Exactly, you shysters, shoulda not put it up so much in the first place. Happiness is relative, but I'm glowing in a perverse feeling of revenge.
Wife's just got notice from Virgin (Virgin, you know, those poverty stricken people who own half the world) that her phone bill's going up. Her contract has about three months to run and I'll take great pleasure in listening to all the reasons why we shouldn't cancel that. Greedy,greedy people.
Giff Gaff. No contracts. Cheap.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:18 pm

I'm happiness personified. The sun is lovely. The garden is great. The bees are going delirious on the white hebe shrubs, the sage and thyme in the herb garden, the autumn planted roses are coming out, the broad beans taste really sweet, the fish pie is in the oven, the Viognier is chilling in the fridge.

And Sainsbury's £4 'House Beaujolais' is actually drinkable.

It's the sunshine that does it for me. :D :D :D

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:48 am

Five viewings on my house next week. Result. The downside is a shed load of painting and cleaning this weekend.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:09 pm

Just found out I've got an interview next week for a job with a lot more money and a lot less stress. I've also submitted an application for 'Teach First' which is almost exactly the opposite.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Beefheart wrote:Just found out I've got an interview next week for a job with a lot more money and a lot less stress. I've also submitted an application for 'Teach First' which is almost exactly the opposite.
Good luck Beefheart, Hopefully you won't have to be contacting LE and GG for advice on how to deal with disruptive kids and instead get this high paid, low stress super job.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:20 pm

I'd be wary of Teach First, heard bad things from a couple of people who binned it off after a year and did the PGCE.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:24 pm

Prufrock wrote:I'd be wary of Teach First, heard bad things from a couple of people who binned it off after a year and did the PGCE.
... add a couple more to that from me too.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:46 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I'd be wary of Teach First, heard bad things from a couple of people who binned it off after a year and did the PGCE.
I've heard mixed things. The main appeal is the fact I wouldn't have to take a year out to study. I feel like teaching is the route I want to go down, and whilst it is by no means all about the money, it has to be at least a little bit about the money...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:22 pm

Beefheart wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
I've heard mixed things. The main appeal is the fact I wouldn't have to take a year out to study. I feel like teaching is the route I want to go down, and whilst it is by no means all about the money, it has to be at least a little bit about the money...
Understood .... but they play on the idea that they only select ideal candidates and then they put them in truly difficult schools (being as how they are ideal candidates) ... with minimum training.

The other teachers, as is their wont on almost everything, of course, resent them and are not unknown to be obstructive. They are certainly not helpful.

There's a large drop out rate and, in fact, the two I know would be far from "ideal" candidates so God knows how they were selected.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Five viewings on my house next week. Result. The downside is a shed load of painting and cleaning this weekend.
Healthy exercise should help with the weight reduction...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:21 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Understood .... but they play on the idea that they only select ideal candidates and then they put them in truly difficult schools (being as how they are ideal candidates) ... with minimum training.

The other teachers, as is their wont on almost everything, of course, resent them and are not unknown to be obstructive. They are certainly not helpful.

There's a large drop out rate and, in fact, the two I know would be far from "ideal" candidates so God knows how they were selected.
They love them at Smithills, ended up with some really good ones who stayed on. However it's very much sink or swim and you have to be really keen to teach, not just some youngster thinking it will be good on the CV. I get the impression Beefy isn't some fresh-faced youngster, but it does depend not just on the school, but also on the department, so I'd check those out thoroughly first before accepting.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:09 pm

Result!
A couple of years back me and my missus, whilst supping ale in the Slaughtered Lamb, rescued a couple of Japanese tourists from certain doom. They were very grateful and have kept in contact. They run a juku in Japan, and in exchange for ten days work this summer, my missus will get free return flights, a shinkansen pass, free board and lodging and a weeks stay at a very nice ryokan in Kyoto (which on its own would cost an arm and a leg). All I've got to do is find the airfare for myself.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください