What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by P.O.S. » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:58 am

Prufrock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Does anyone else watch Outnumbered? It's the only thing I've ever enjoyed that has Hugh Dennis in it.

I've only just realised that the current series is the 4th one. Worth going back to the beginning? :conf:

Definitely Bruce. I have series three on DVD you could (somehow) borrow.

Piss funny. I'm not sure about now, as they get older, but a lot of the earlier stuff the kids do is improv. Genius moments.
I've watched it since the start, still pretty good but that first series is the best. The kids, specially the young girl, get a bit too sure of themselves as the series' goes on. It's like the young girl has been told she's going to be such an amazing actress all the time, and she starts playing up to that.

Decent enough to watch while Im having my tea though!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:00 pm

Cheers guys. I'll see if it's on LF.
May the bridges I burn light your way

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:01 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:Michael J Fox on Curb.

Not pleasant to watch.
yeah, really uncomfortable innit.

what about the Paris scene!? :doh:

i watched Drive again, i frickin love it. and the OST hasnt been off my ipod fro a day now.

What about Michael J Fox/Paris? Im two series behind on Curb now and its probably going to be months before I catch up with it all

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:02 pm

MJF is the guest star, but most of the cracks are about his Parkinsons which isn't pleasant even for Curb.....

Then at the end there's a bizarre scene set in Paris that is just thrust in from nowhere and makes little sense.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:50 pm

Watched some of The Day Today after a while which now looks less like a comedy and more like some sort of prophetic future-telling media beast. Morris' finest.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Watched some of The Day Today after a while which now looks less like a comedy and more like some sort of prophetic future-telling media beast. Morris' finest.
I dread to think what state the Currency Cat will be in during these economic times

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:Michael J Fox on Curb.

Not pleasant to watch.
yeah, really uncomfortable innit.

what about the Paris scene!? :doh:

i watched Drive again, i frickin love it. and the OST hasnt been off my ipod fro a day now.
Who does it? The track on the trailer sounds familiar.
composed by Cliff Martinez. sounds a lot like the Social Network OST to be fair.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:40 pm

P.O.S. wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:Watched some of The Day Today after a while which now looks less like a comedy and more like some sort of prophetic future-telling media beast. Morris' finest.
I dread to think what state the Currency Cat will be in during these economic times
8)

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:42 pm

Dont like Outnumbered either.

Saw a couple of episodes once thought it was great, seeked out a load more and realised each ep is the largely the same. Modern Family has had a similar effect. cant be arsed with either anymore.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 pm

The kids are too posh, and too 'aware' to be taken seriously. Posh wankers.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:39 pm

I watched Jan Troell's 2008 movie Everlasting Moments - a (subtitled) Swedish film that I really liked... As far removed from Hollywood orthodoxy as it could be, it tells a harrowing and uplifting tale of a working class woman in Malmo, in the early 1900s, who wins a camera in a lottery and finds that it gives her access to a creativity she never knew she had... Based on a true story, this is a lovely, gentle film, with scenes of shocking domestic abuse, really hard to take, and others of great tenderness...

I didn't know Jan Troell's work until this - have just reserved two other films on LF (neither as yet available, but i would really like to see other work by this director).

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:09 am

William the White wrote:I watched Jan Troell's 2008 movie Everlasting Moments - a (subtitled) Swedish film that I really liked... As far removed from Hollywood orthodoxy as it could be, it tells a harrowing and uplifting tale of a working class woman in Malmo, in the early 1900s, who wins a camera in a lottery and finds that it gives her access to a creativity she never knew she had... Based on a true story, this is a lovely, gentle film, with scenes of shocking domestic abuse, really hard to take, and others of great tenderness...

I didn't know Jan Troell's work until this - have just reserved two other films on LF (neither as yet available, but i would really like to see other work by this director).
Thank me for the recommend whenever you feel up to it. ;)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:24 am

Last night John Grisham's A Time to Kill , tonight the old but good Heat with De Niro and Pacino.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:27 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
William the White wrote:I watched Jan Troell's 2008 movie Everlasting Moments - a (subtitled) Swedish film that I really liked... As far removed from Hollywood orthodoxy as it could be, it tells a harrowing and uplifting tale of a working class woman in Malmo, in the early 1900s, who wins a camera in a lottery and finds that it gives her access to a creativity she never knew she had... Based on a true story, this is a lovely, gentle film, with scenes of shocking domestic abuse, really hard to take, and others of great tenderness...

Was it your recommendation? My wife asked me why I'd got it from LF (I said I couldn't remember, probably followed some trail etc)... Hey! Good one! What page of this? :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:40 am

William the White wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Was it your recommendation? My wife asked me why I'd got it from LF (I said I couldn't remember, probably followed some trail etc)... Hey! Good one! What page of this? :D
I PM'd you about it. Knew you'd love it - glad you did ;)

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:05 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
William the White wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I PM'd you about it. Knew you'd love it - glad you did ;)
Brill, bruce - got it spot on! TYVM. :D

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:12 am

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Verbal wrote:People keep going on about how awesome Breaking Bad is.

Might have to source it.
It's not.
And you would know this because you've watched all four seasons? :wink:

For me, it gets better with every season and episode. Season 1 is fairly slow, but it picks up considerably in season 2. But if you don't like season 1, you probably wouldn't enjoy it any further. It just keeps getting darker, deeper and with more twists.

The fourth season has nearly finished in the US, and the last few episodes have been spectacular. The last ten minutes of the latest episode, for instance, is some of the best TV I've ever seen.

Definitely source it!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:22 am

jmjhb wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Verbal wrote:People keep going on about how awesome Breaking Bad is.

Might have to source it.
It's not.
And you would know this because you've watched all four seasons? :wink:

For me, it gets better with every season and episode. Season 1 is fairly slow, but it picks up considerably in season 2. But if you don't like season 1, you probably wouldn't enjoy it any further. It just keeps getting darker, deeper and with more twists.

The fourth season has nearly finished in the US, and the last few episodes have been spectacular. The last ten minutes of the latest episode, for instance, is some of the best TV I've ever seen.

Definitely source it!
No, the fist was shit enough for me to give the rest a miss :wink:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:23 am

Watched another This Is Jinsy.......still shit, need to stop watching though.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:51 am

Last night I tried Big Brother UK, S12 Episode 1.

By the fourth entrant I was like: This is AWFUL!

By the 11th I was all: This is awesome! I wish there were more people, wait there is? Awesome!

I'm 12 days behind so I will try to catch up.

What a downer Mark is! (I'm probably like him the most :o )