General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:25 pm

Oh, ffs! Heard it all now. Really plumbing the depths of ridiculosity and arrogance. Facebook comment the wife told me about that says that Father Christmas should now be called Person Christmas. :shock:
Any advance on Good Queen Wensceslas, or We Three Queens anbody? Oh, sorry, Good Person Wenceslas and We Three Persons....Not in our house mate....I'm really glad God made Adam and Eve. Get out of that you outrageous person you...

:lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:33 am
You're a smooth barsteward Tango :lol:
Shhhhh. I nicked an old joke to suit the topic... :oops:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:14 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:26 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:33 am
You're a smooth barsteward Tango :lol:
Shhhhh. I nicked an old joke to suit the topic... :oops:

And there was us thinking you were just another willy waver :P :lol:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:09 pm

Born with one, you are a male, without one, female and all the different colour clothes or gender neutral toys won't change your genetics.
You want to pretend to be the other, your choice as an adult not as a kid because some prickish parent wants to look 'with it' or 'cool'.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Just not another "celebration" of "Person Pride" with rainbow lights and fireworks on the town hall steps....please..!!!
Oh, and please keep your birth certificates handy, you'll need em someday to argue your case with a higher authority than Twitter... :wink:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:28 am

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:09 pm
Born with one, you are a male, without one, female and all the different colour clothes or gender neutral toys won't change your genetics.
You want to pretend to be the other, your choice as an adult not as a kid because some prickish parent wants to look 'with it' or 'cool'.
What about those kids born with both? I've read stories of parents jumping one way or the other and then realising they picked wrongly as the child develops.

It surely goes much deeper than mere genitalia? The recent Louis Theroux documentary covered the issue really well. It wasn't about parents trying to look cool but them being supportive to how their child was feeling
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:22 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:28 am
Hoboh wrote:
What about those kids born with both? I've read stories of parents jumping one way or the other and then realising they picked wrongly as the child develops.

It surely goes much deeper than mere genitalia? The recent Louis Theroux documentary covered the issue really well. It wasn't about parents trying to look cool but them being supportive to how their child was feeling
I'm not doubting there are genuine cases. Indeed I knew a hermaphrodite at university who chose to keep both of 'his' sets of genitalia.
What I was raging against is the new presumption that anybody can just choose to be whatever sex/gender that they desire - for most of those (including the ridiculous Arizona family that I opened with) there is absolutely no biological justification for their choices. It's not harmless either, it has profound social consequences. This sort of me, me, look at me, exhibitionism should not be encouraged by state institutions, politicians and other organisations: but it is.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:27 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

You are correct, Harry. In Hoboh's XX-XY genetic world there appear to be only two genders. This may be true for the majority of us but the experts at my university tell me there are at least seven more combinations of chromosomes, with an extra X or two, or an extra Y. Years ago they routinely changed males to females at birth if the genitalia appeared too small. Now they realize the whole thing is a lot more complicated. Parents may be asked to make decisions of which they don't understand the parameters or the possible future repercussions any more than those who pose the question. This is not wanting to look 'with it'. This, as a parent, is being up against it.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:41 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:27 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

You are correct, Harry. In Hoboh's XX-XY genetic world there appear to be only two genders. This may be true for the majority of us but the experts at my university tell me there are at least seven more combinations of chromosomes, with an extra X or two, or an extra Y. Years ago they routinely changed males to females at birth if the genitalia appeared too small. Now they realize the whole thing is a lot more complicated. Parents may be asked to make decisions of which they don't understand the parameters or the possible future repercussions any more than those who pose the question. This is not wanting to look 'with it'. This, as a parent, is being up against it.
Please see the post above yours. It is entirely possible to have parents and grown up individuals being 'with it'. The fact there are different sex/gender complexities does not exclude the With Its.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:03 pm

Gibber, gibbber, gnash ,gnash. Just been not long back from the annual loon-fest that is Christmas shopping. Most of ours was just the weekly stuff, but after two hours of supermarket madness and road traffic lunacy amongst the madding crowds I was so pleased to get home I can't describe....Fxxxxxx gormless is the in-folk word to describe many of those persons abroad (no, not that sort of abroad....

Oh, and somebody on line has blasted Amir Khan as religiously unfaithful for putting a Christmas tree up for his kids... :roll:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:13 pm

I empathise, Tango. Nipped into my local Morrison's - a local shop for local people ;) earlier, never usually 20% as busy as it was, and thought ah, these people must know that the Government has sent Boris to Moscow and are stocking up for the inevitable war which will follow, because there's no 4ucking way that they're buying all this stuff for ONE DAY?!

Ordered a Christmas dinner 'kit' from Booth's, which will be no end of fun picking up tomorrow.

Oh, and another thing. Supermarket cheese selections with a Use By 25/12 date on? They can 4uck off with those as well.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:19 pm

Use by the 25th? Oh to be so lucky. It's all 22nd, 23rd and 24th here. As well as the stuff that went out of stock 2 months ago and probably wont reappear until April :evil: They even run out of stuff for months at a time that is made 2 miles down the road :roll:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:13 pm
there's no 4ucking way that they're buying all this stuff for ONE DAY?!

Oh, and another thing. Supermarket cheese selections with a Use By 25/12 date on? They can 4uck off with those as well.
Estoy de accuerdo. It isn't only cheeses that need a rap about dates either. A lot of things need keeping an eye on. What's so daft about it all is that almost everywhere, including local convenience stores, are open all over Christmas and New Year. Last week a pack of Club Fruit biscuits was £1; today, £1-38. Crazy.

Before we got the dog me and the wife spent three Christmas holidays in Benidorm. Hardly any dearer and a lot less stressful. We booked half-board in the bigger hotels, ate well and didn't even have to turn out at night for entertainment if you didn't want to..it's looking good.... :wink:

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:08 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

That's the tragedy for me Monty. If the UK had followed the same policy, life could have been so much different for Our Kid.......or Harriet as we should probably now address him.......
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:38 pm

Farridge on the return to the blue Passport as though it's some massive score on behalf of the UK :roll:

It's a travel document, you 4ucking imbecile, and one that I hope to be able to use as freely in future as I currently use my EU one.You know? so that we can continue to export stuff to those pesky Europeans, keeping people in work here?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:38 pm
Farridge on the return to the blue Passport as though it's some massive score on behalf of the UK :roll:

It's a travel document, you 4ucking imbecile, and one that I hope to be able to use as freely in future as I currently use my EU one.You know? so that we can continue to export stuff to those pesky Europeans, keeping people in work here?
The 1% reduction in GDP as a result that will cost us a fortune and far more than we are paying the EU, really does pale into insignificance when you consider we can finally have blue passports. I mean, it was definitely a good idea.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:05 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:08 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

That's the tragedy for me Monty. If the UK had followed the same policy, life could have been so much different for Our Kid.......or Harriet as we should probably now address him.......
Well your first two wives didn't seem to mind!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

They cost a blooming fortune to renew and I couldn't care less what colour it is. Anyway, the old ones looked more black to me

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:16 am

I only renewed mine a a couple months back, so I guess I get to stay European for a bit longer.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:54 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

The 1% reduction in GDP as a result that will cost us a fortune and far more than we are paying the EU, really does pale into insignificance when you consider we can finally have blue passports. I mean, it was definitely a good idea.
We are in the midst of a a manufacturing boom larger than the last one, the Lawson Boom. And that's official. Your 1% reduction in GDP is made up projections that hasn't even been measured yet...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください