General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:49 pm
Are the forty one days of Christmas over yet?

I'm thinking of going into business (now I've been made redundant). I'm thinking of producing Advent Calendars: the 2019 one will count down from December 1st. The 2020 one from October 31st, and the 2021 one will count down from January 1st. :evil:
Sell the wimps a non-Brexit advent type calendar, the idiots are daft enough to buy it in their droves.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:21 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:49 pm
Are the forty one days of Christmas over yet?

I'm thinking of going into business (now I've been made redundant). I'm thinking of producing Advent Calendars: the 2019 one will count down from December 1st. The 2020 one from October 31st, and the 2021 one will count down from January 1st. :evil:
Like Santa's grotto already round our way, and not only inside houses. One guy has added full lights to a 15 ft conifer in his garden and another must already have an electric bill to fund a new sub-station. I've always loved Christmas (Eve, Day and Boxing day) but some are going bananas. Even the wife asked me today where the decorations and lights are. I forgot, but I might as well get used to the idea; she'll find em. :laugh:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:55 pm

I know this is from a week ago, but I dread to think what my grandkid's worlds are going to be like in ten years if we carry on like this:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews ... hreat.html

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:13 pm

I wouldn't be worried about upsetting the children of other faiths, I'd be worried about folk polluting my kid's heads with divisive superstition.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:13 pm
I wouldn't be worried about upsetting the children of other faiths, I'd be worried about folk polluting my kid's heads with divisive superstition.
Personally speaking, where a statement declaring that 96% of children in a school in Britain are Muslim speaks to me of The End Times.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Enoch wrote:
Ah well, I'm a confessed Christian and see, what amazes me Enoch, Jesus was a Jew, born in Bethlehem, which, last time I looked was in Palestine/Jerusalem which, again last time I looked was in Africa, the stronghold of the Muslim faith, the same Muslims who accept Jesus was born and lived amongst them. Since the whole faith of Christianity is based on Christ (Jesus), what right exactly have teachers in English primary schools to question that Christmas happened 2000 years ago and three and a half thousand miles away? If that's what they wan't to believe personally, fine, do it, but don't mess with religion and history just because you don't want to upset kids of other faiths when in actual fact, nobody is upset but the perpetrators of such nonsense.. This, at least, is England.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:32 pm

I just praise the Lord I was born into a secular family!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:35 pm

On a different note, it must be exhausting thinking you know every fecking thing!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:36 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:32 pm
I just praise the Lord I was born into a secular family!
8)
Again, personally speaking, my family are extremist atheists, you waverer ... :spank:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:55 pm
I know this is from a week ago, but I dread to think what my grandkid's worlds are going to be like in ten years if we carry on like this:

Looks like it’s from a week and eleven years ago to me. Luckily for you nativity plays still seem to be a thing.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:40 pm

jimbo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:36 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:55 pm

Looks like it’s from a week and eleven years ago to me. Luckily for you nativity plays still seem to be a thing.
Mea Culpa, my error, but the issue I was reating to was on T.V this morning, I just dug out the article. :oops:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:51 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:35 pm
On a different note, it must be exhausting thinking you know every fecking thing!
For some of us that's an occupational hazard. I find myself going to bed every night totally shattered. But, we all have our burdens...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:51 pm
Enoch wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:35 pm
For some of us that's an occupational hazard. I find myself going to bed every night totally shattered. But, we all have our burdens...
Ah... but you, Sir, started a thread asking for advice, thereby displaying the same human frailty most folk are blessed with.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:10 pm

Oh and Michael Kovrig, who'd a thunk it!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:31 pm
Enoch wrote:
Ah well, I'm a confessed Christian and see, what amazes me Enoch, Jesus was a Jew, born in Bethlehem, which, last time I looked was in Palestine/Jerusalem which, again last time I looked was in Africa, the stronghold of the Muslim faith, the same Muslims who accept Jesus was born and lived amongst them. Since the whole faith of Christianity is based on Christ (Jesus), what right exactly have teachers in English primary schools to question that Christmas happened 2000 years ago and three and a half thousand miles away? If that's what they wan't to believe personally, fine, do it, but don't mess with religion and history just because you don't want to upset kids of other faiths when in actual fact, nobody is upset but the perpetrators of such nonsense.. This, at least, is England.
Better check that atlas again, Tango. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:48 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:19 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:31 pm
Enoch wrote:
Better check that atlas again, Tango. :wink:
Next door neighbour Monty, and near enough not to matter. You don't want me quoting the flight into Egypt and all that stuff surely? :wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:37 am

I think the kids of the future will have more of a job swimming to school than any problem because the fun dress up has a different theme.

Oh no, they're doing Dickens not the Bible, how will they cope. Also they don't have gills.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:45 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:37 am
I think the kids of the future will have more of a job swimming to school than any problem because the fun dress up has a different theme.

Oh no, they're doing Dickens not the Bible, how will they cope. Also they don't have gills.
Be reet if they just stuck to the basics of education in schools and Uni's instead of politically brainwashing the gullible little horrors.

I blame Corbyns mob unwittingly supported by the liberal luvies who will get the first bullets if the Marxists ever get in.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:01 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:37 am

Not sure about Dickens, I'd prefer something by Orwell.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:21 am

Enoch wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:10 pm
Oh and Michael Kovrig, who'd a thunk it!
...and now Michael Spavor.

Bet neither of them get bail.