The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Let's add Danial Hannan to the list.
Yes, let's.
And Kim Jong-un, he's a b rank amateur at speaking but knocks the socks off of Galloway and Obama at looking at things.
:D , "Kim Jong un looking at fish". :D .
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:45 pm

:conf:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:27 pm

We apparently go to the polls on the 2nd May. I've had nowt through the door - no polling card, no propaganda, no nowt. I haven't the foggiest idea as to what it is that we're meant to be voting for.

Anyone? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:We apparently go to the polls on the 2nd May. I've had nowt through the door - no polling card, no propaganda, no nowt. I haven't the foggiest idea as to what it is that we're meant to be voting for.

same as usual - local council elections.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:42 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:We apparently go to the polls on the 2nd May. I've had nowt through the door - no polling card, no propaganda, no nowt. I haven't the foggiest idea as to what it is that we're meant to be voting for.

Choose a party, any party. Because of course democracy is the greatest gift to mankind we've ever had. That is until you realise that the politicians abusing the process are just there for their own personal gain/aggrandisement/influence/corruption and the people voting for them are either the same, or completely thick or totally deluded.
Call me a cynic.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:31 pm

County councils Bruce, not Met boroughs like Bolton. no local elections for us this year.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:36 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:

Choose a party, any party. Because of course democracy is the greatest gift to mankind we've ever had. That is until you realise that the politicians abusing the process are just there for their own personal gain/aggrandisement/influence/corruption and the people voting for them are either the same, or completely thick or totally deluded.
Call me a cynic.
You've got my vote!
Troll and proud of it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:37 pm

William the White wrote:

County councils Bruce, not Met boroughs like Bolton. no local elections for us this year.
Ah reet. Cheers Will.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:33 am

as wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:

Call me a cynic.
You've got my vote!
Why thank you. There'll be a sinecure in place for your good self once I've settled into the trough of power.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:17 am

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:36 am

thebish wrote:behind the headlines.....

http://www.jointpublicissues.org.uk/tru ... many-lies/
*splutter* but, Bish, they're always manipulating the figures, usually downwards when it suits them, and the papers always follow the government prompt.
I was, actually, unemployed once - shocking I know (lazy lounging layabouts), and I had to re-sign on after six months. When I asked what the hell that was all about I was told, straight faced by the Benefits Officer [otherwise known as a Stalaggauleiter], that it was designed to artificially and temporarily (about one minute) to take me off the unemployment register so that I wouldn't be counted as one of the long term unemployed, but that officially it was because I could now claim means-tested mortgage or some other mumbojumbo I didn't have a clue what he was on about. I think his first unguarded comment was closer to the truth.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:13 am

A close relative of mine works for an agency that deals with these things. Its fun and games in the run-up to elections when they get edicts handed down to them to massage the figures.

Yes Minister is spot on.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:34 am

yet more bollox from the Department of Work and Pensions here > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/04/25/dwp_psych_test/
Try filling it in with the mindset of a psychopath and revel in how it then tells you what a good team worker you are :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:

Call me a cynic.
And mine, always thought that since i was 18, lying cnuts the lot of them
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:51 pm

So I'm not being overly cynical when I don't believe a single figure they release then? Or a word they say?

That's good to hear, I thought I was losing my mind thinking that politicians only give a f**k about the manilla envelopes they pocket off big business and their billionaire chums.

I've got a pal who's a Labour party member, he met Tessa Jowell recently and was so star-struck he swallowed every b*llocking thing she told him (and he didn't even mention her husband - booooo!)
Troll and proud of it.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:05 pm

"Star-struck" when meeting Tessa Jowell?!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:10 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:"Star-struck" when meeting Tessa Jowell?!
Exactly my point - he'd slated her previously, then he met her and turned to putty!

:roll:
Troll and proud of it.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:21 pm

as wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:"Star-struck" when meeting Tessa Jowell?!
Exactly my point - he'd slated her previously, then he met her and turned to putty!

:roll:
It'll be the interchange of pheromones. I once asked a neighbour why he'd agreed to be co-opted onto the parish council and he replied that it was a very prestigious appointment up there in terms of local kudos with when he'd become a Rotarian, he then did a kind of weird leer cum wink and stated that it was a turn on for the ladies. He wasn't in the slightest bit kidding.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:15 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:28 pm

"I believe the way a society delivers its healthcare defines the values and nature of that society."

Which other society delivers healthcare in the way he would like it to be delivered?

And has the NHS delivered world-class outcomes on any metric during his career?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families