Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

William the White
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by William the White » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:08 pm

thebish wrote:Fabulous trek ober Dartmoor today - winding up here at Spurrell's Cross before descending back to the car...

I'm making an effort to take advantage of the glorious awseomeness that is Dartmoor on my doorstep - it's fabulous - without that much effort you can feel like you are miles from anywhere and totally alone!

Looks like a nice day down there, thebish. Beautiful countryside.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:27 pm

Not surprising that Spurnell's cross though. That looks like it needs repairing.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:06 pm

It's 23 degrees and beautifully sunny in Sussex today. Back to shorts and t-shirt weather. I thought summer had gone for good.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:12 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:It's 23 degrees and beautifully sunny in Sussex today. Back to shorts and t-shirt weather. I thought summer had gone for good.
:shock: That's jumpers and duvet temperatures!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:14 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:It's 23 degrees and beautifully sunny in Sussex today. Back to shorts and t-shirt weather. I thought summer had gone for good.
You've gone all nesh. ;-)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:26 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
You've gone all nesh. ;-)
:mrgreen:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
:D

Don't you miss having clearly defined seasons AT? I love how they break up the year and there's something to look forward to/enjoy in each one. Not sure I could happily live somewhere where the weather was the same the majority of the time!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Rock on :oyea: :pissed:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:44 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
:D

Don't you miss having clearly defined seasons AT? I love how they break up the year and there's something to look forward to/enjoy in each one. Not sure I could happily live somewhere where the weather was the same the majority of the time!
We have seasons. We have a short period of anywhere between 8c and 20c. A period of 20c to 35c, a period of 25c to 45c and a period of 40c to 56c+. September is the 30c to 40ish c with an extra sweaty 80 odd percent humidity. In winter we get mud rain and all year we can't see shit for the sand in the air :mrgreen:

We've been lucky this year as it hasn't been that hot. Only hit 50c a few times. Sometimes we can go a couple of months of the temperature not dropping below 40, even at night. This year it has been dropping to low to mid 30s at night and has made life much easier.

To be fair, I do miss a bit of rain (not mud, that isn't pleasant) and the odd crisp sunny morning. When I eventually return I wont enjoy worrying about what to wear. 99% of the time I'm in shorts and t-shirt here :mrgreen:

Off on holiday in a month and hoping for a bit of rain!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:23 am

William the White wrote: Looks like a nice day down there, thebish. Beautiful countryside.

aye - you're not wrong...

I LOVE being back amongst the moors... apart from living in Bolton (which is probably where I got my love of remote moorland) - the best places I have lived have been up in the NE - with the NYorks Moors and the Dales within reach - and now down here right on the edge of Dartmoor...

on monday - by that cross - I lay back on the grass for 20mins and the stress of recent work issues just drifted away - it was warm - there was a breeze and all I could hear was the sound of the skylarks and a hunting pair of Buzzards... not another human to be seen or heard... bliss...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:49 am

one of the main reasons we have never relocated down here is my obsession with our local moors oop north.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:14 am

So, bish. You lay down still & quiet for 20 minutes while 2 buzzards circled above. I'm now in mind of the Jake Thakray song "The Randy Cock". You take care.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:22 am

General Mannerheim wrote:one of the main reasons we have never relocated down here is my obsession with our local moors oop north.
I was brought up on the moors. Always wanted to live in a normal house on a normal estate like my mates when I was a moody teenager. It's only as I got a bit older I realised what an absolute privilege it was (except for when we used to get snowed-in).
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:43 pm

Despite my star player hitting herself in the eye with her hockey stick just before we left for today's game :roll: my new U10 team managed to win their first match 3-1. :oyea:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:47 pm

I sort of really don't want to post this, and sort of do, because I know it makes me absolutely officially ancient, though also makes me very happy... but my much loved grand daughter this afternoon gave birth to a little girl called Ava, who is healthy and immediately adored... So, I am now - aged 66 - a great grandfather... And very, very happy to be so... :D :D :D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:21 am

William the White wrote:I sort of really don't want to post this, and sort of do, because I know it makes me absolutely officially ancient, though also makes me very happy... but my much loved grand daughter this afternoon gave birth to a little girl called Ava, who is healthy and immediately adored... So, I am now - aged 66 - a great grandfather... And very, very happy to be so... :D :D :D
:pissed: excellent :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:41 am

Old bugger. Congratulations to all involved.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:26 am

All the best to your granddaughter and great-granddaughter, Will. It must be a great feeling. My one and only grandchild, also a granddaughter, is but thirteen years of age - although there is another grandchild on the way - due Feb next year. The first is via my daughter and the embryo via my son. Ergo, it's highly unlikely that I'll attain the status of a living great-grandfather. I feel a fit of jealousy coming on. :smile:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:56 am

Congrats Will :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:29 am

William the White wrote:I sort of really don't want to post this, and sort of do, because I know it makes me absolutely officially ancient, though also makes me very happy... but my much loved grand daughter this afternoon gave birth to a little girl called Ava, who is healthy and immediately adored... So, I am now - aged 66 - a great grandfather... And very, very happy to be so... :D :D :D
fantastic - congratulations!!! :pissed:

:oyea: blimey - mine don't look close to even considering producing mere grandchildren yet!!! (and I'm only 16yrs behind you!) yours got their skates on!!