Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:42 pm

........dipping two job interviews in 5 days. The first I haven't had feedback from, the second went along the lines of "Sorry, you were second to a senior manager who has been made redundant elsewhere and has applied for a middle manager post".

On the other hand, my current contract has now been extended until the end of March. Frustrated today, yet trying to be rational about stuff. I've got yet another interview next week, but I'm the only bloke being interviewed by a female panel for a team that has only women in it. Can't see that one going too well either!

Onwards and upwards!!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:53 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:........dipping two job interviews in 5 days. The first I haven't had feedback from, the second went along the lines of "Sorry, you were second to a senior manager who has been made redundant elsewhere and has applied for a middle manager post".
On the other hand, my current contract has now been extended until the end of March. Frustrated today, yet trying to be rational about stuff. I've got yet another interview next week, but I'm the only bloke being interviewed by a female panel for a team that has only women in it. Can't see that one going too well either!

Onwards and upwards!!
I've been there mate.. But got a phone call 3 months later asking me if I'd join, as this ex manager had gone and gotten himself a management position elsewhere and only used the job as a stop gap. Nothing wrong with that from his point of view, but they weren't best pleased.. Some companies err on the side of caution with appointments like that. I'd be disappointed if I were you mate.

Best of luck in the search, though.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:38 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20172392" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WTF???

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:56 pm

It would appear to be the trick part. Life is not all candies.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:07 pm

As bad as it sounds, I pissed myself when I heard that yesterday..

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:13 pm

boltonboris wrote:As bad as it sounds, I pissed myself when I heard that yesterday..
I sort of did similar.

On a serious note though, what is it with this "trick or treating" bollocks? I don't remember ever doing it as a kid, nor any of my mates doing it. Might have maybe knocked on the neighbours door, but now some of them seem to roam fecking miles going door to door often unaccompanied.

God knows who might open up.........

Its fecking annoying as well, having 300 groups of kids banging on your door for 2 hours solid.

Americanised shite!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Bloody nightmare here. The parents drive them around and push them out a t each house. Lazy bastards :roll:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:As bad as it sounds, I pissed myself when I heard that yesterday..
I sort of did similar.

On a serious note though, what is it with this "trick or treating" bollocks? I don't remember ever doing it as a kid, nor any of my mates doing it. Might have maybe knocked on the neighbours door, but now some of them seem to roam fecking miles going door to door often unaccompanied.

Its fecking annoying as well, having 300 groups of kids banging on your door for 2 hours solid.

Americanised shite!
Same here....penny for the guy.....and once went round trying to sing Christmas carols.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I sort of did similar.

Americanised shite!
Drug dealers?..

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:05 pm

boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I sort of did similar.

Americanised shite!
Drug dealers?..
Or Jimmy Saville....you just don't know....

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:23 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I sort of did similar.

Americanised shite!

can i second that please
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:01 pm

I remember the fun we had with fireworks as a kid, so trying hard not to wish ill on some of the absolute idiots who've been letting them off for weeks. Dog goes absolutely ape at them, and right now I wish he was a cat. Driving me bonkers with continuous barking. Not fun at all.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I sort of did similar.

Americanised shite!
We did trick or treat round our way as kid. Grumpy owd sod! :-)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Worthy4England wrote:We did trick or treat round our way as kid. Grumpy owd sod! :-)
f'cough !!

We were too busy collecting bommy wood, knicking others collections, having small fires & burning taters in them, doing 'penny for the guy' and chucking bangers at each other.

This Americanised shite was force fed via the TV programmes & marketeers. Unless you're a lot younger than you look W4E ?
Last edited by bobo the clown on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:54 pm

bobo the clown wrote: We were too busy collecting bommy wood, knicking others collections, having small fires & burning taters in them, doing 'penny for the guy' and chucking bangers at each other.
Did you ever manage to get them to taste anything like roasted spuds, Bobo?. We never did. Even when your dad came along to show you how it was done, it still looked and tasted like a fossilised gas cinder, and burned fxck out of your mouth. Parkin and treacle toffee were much better options. :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:50 pm

How times have changed:

Thirteen year old lad comes out with a mouthful of language, his dad hears him and tans his arse with a slipper. Job done. Teacher at school overhears the lad telling his mate, rings the police. Bloke finishes up in court for "assault by beating". Father "bitterly regrets his actions" and swears he will never do it again. Case adjourned for probation report.

Mind flashes back to many clips around the ears, a few beltings and a healthy dose of caned hands and arses. Lessons learned, Regretted the actions and promised never to do it again. No real harm ever suffered that I know of, no police, no court and no cost to the public.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:09 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:How times have changed:

Thirteen year old lad comes out with a mouthful of language, his dad hears him and tans his arse with a slipper. Job done. Teacher at school overhears the lad telling his mate, rings the police. Bloke finishes up in court for "assault by beating". Father "bitterly regrets his actions" and swears he will never do it again. Case adjourned for probation report.

Mind flashes back to many clips around the ears, a few beltings and a healthy dose of caned hands and arses. Lessons learned, Regretted the actions and promised never to do it again. No real harm ever suffered that I know of, no police, no court and no cost to the public.
Indeed, Tango, nor did it ruin my life and certainly wasn't bitterly regretted by those who did it. Some I'm sure enjoyed it. Since I went to boarding school for nine months a year, corporal punishment took place there and not at home. Unlike you, however, I neither regretted the actions that brought on punishment nor promised never to do it again. Promised myself not to get caught again of course.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:01 pm

they don't seem to call here... but they did in Upminster..

I took to answering the door very suddenly - lights off and screaming a blood-curdling scream at them - causing them to wet themselves and run off down the garden path in terror..

I always figured that if they had gone to all the trouble to dress up and ring my doorbell to scare me - then I was perfectly within my rights to scare them...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:09 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
bobo the clown wrote: We were too busy collecting bommy wood, knicking others collections, having small fires & burning taters in them, doing 'penny for the guy' and chucking bangers at each other.
Did you ever manage to get them to taste anything like roasted spuds, Bobo?. We never did. Even when your dad came along to show you how it was done, it still looked and tasted like a fossilised gas cinder, and burned fxck out of your mouth. Parkin and treacle toffee were much better options. :wink:
Nope, black as the ace of spades outside, raw inside, with a 'smoked' flavour to the ashed exterior. We pretended they were fantastic though.

Then one day a lad turned up with a couple wrapped in foil !!

THEY were less burnt, tasted less of smoke and were still rock hard inside !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:03 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:We did trick or treat round our way as kid. Grumpy owd sod! :-)
f'cough !!

We were too busy collecting bommy wood, knicking others collections, having small fires & burning taters in them, doing 'penny for the guy' and chucking bangers at each other.

This Americanised shite was force fed via the TV programmes & marketeers. Unless you're a lot younger than you look W4E ?

Nope, probably can't own up to "a lot younger than I look", we did all the bommy stuff too and trick or treat. In fairness, we certainly didn't get many "treats", which made for a lot of bins tied to front doors n stuff..