Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Dujon » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:00 pm

That sounds good, BP, all the best. I do hope that you've organised a bit of a break between the old and new jobs to allow you to shed the old skin and prepare for the new one. :smile:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:47 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:Lottery for one. But I understand that's there's loads of others available, not necessarily all for schools. I'll need to have a scout around and work with the external funding team to prepare bids etc.

Can't wait to get cracking tbh. 10 work days to go. After 25 years!! 8)
Congrats, BP. :D

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:01 pm

Thanks chaps.

Yes Dujon. I had already booked two weeks off from 19th December. It'll be well spent forgetting all about my current role, not to mention eating and drinking in copious amounts!!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:24 pm

My new state of the art hearing aids, well maybe.
Heard a birds wings flapping for the first time in god knows how long and the cat purring softly, magic.
But
Downside isn't the world scary, I mean it's loud thank goodness I asked for adjustable volumes oh and I ended up with headache!

One little plus I don't know if I should mention :mrgreen: topped out at full volume I can here nearby 'whispered' conversations :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:29 pm

Now you'll be able to hear what Farage is saying and understand he talks bollocks :wink:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:56 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Now you'll be able to hear what Farage is saying and understand he talks bollocks :wink:
:mrgreen:

Been shopping in Bury today, quite impressed makes Bolton look like a right sh*thole.
Happy until other half started trying on rings that started about the price of a good second hand motorbike and finished the price of a bloody good second hand car :hang: Thank the lord she wasn't over enthusiastic about them!
Decent vindaloo pie from Greenhaulgh's though'.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:16 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Now you'll be able to hear what Farage is saying and understand he talks bollocks :wink:

Been shopping in Bury today, quite impressed makes Bolton look like a right sh*thole.
Happy until other half started trying on rings that started about the price of a good second hand motorbike and finished the price of a bloody good second hand car :hang: Thank the lord she wasn't over enthusiastic about them!
isn't that a bit foreign for you?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:23 pm

William the White wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

isn't that a bit foreign for you?
Now't against Indians Will always found them decent hosts when visiting our friends, in fact decent does them an injustice.
I find it quite funny that none of their dishes contain meat apparently a carry over from the fact it soon goes 'off' over there and just not worth chancing.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:35 pm

Welcome to the club, Hoboh. The current generation of hearing aids are brilliant. Unless someone is particularly observant then it's unlikely that they'd know you were wearing them. Mine are about bottom of the range, but they do have a gain control. It seems that most people with hearing problems are experiencing a deficiency in response to one or more frequencies. The new devices are programmable to amplify those specific frequencies and are formed to fit behind the ear. For years and years I put up with going to a pub or other noisy environment and being unable to follow conversations properly. I must have looked a right proper prat to some of my friends and acquaintances. "Sorry, could you repeat that, please?" and "What was that?" became a habit.

It was only when my wife became frustrated with me mishearing her that I finally did something about it. What a revelation that turned out to be; the rustle of someone shuffling paper a few metres away became a joy. To those of you who have noticed symptoms similar to mine get down and get your hearing checked out. If the NHS will subsidise the unit(s) then grab it with both hands. If you cannot get that benefit and can afford it then fork out the dosh - you won't regret it.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:46 pm

Dujon wrote:Welcome to the club, Hoboh. The current generation of hearing aids are brilliant. Unless someone is particularly observant then it's unlikely that they'd know you were wearing them. Mine are about bottom of the range, but they do have a gain control. It seems that most people with hearing problems are experiencing a deficiency in response to one or more frequencies. The new devices are programmable to amplify those specific frequencies and are formed to fit behind the ear. For years and years I put up with going to a pub or other noisy environment and being unable to follow conversations properly. I must have looked a right proper prat to some of my friends and acquaintances. "Sorry, could you repeat that, please?" and "What was that?" became a habit.

It was only when my wife became frustrated with me mishearing her that I finally did something about it. What a revelation that turned out to be; the rustle of someone shuffling paper a few metres away became a joy. To those of you who have noticed symptoms similar to mine get down and get your hearing checked out. If the NHS will subsidise the unit(s) then grab it with both hands. If you cannot get that benefit and can afford it then fork out the dosh - you won't regret it.
Pardon?
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:15 pm

When I was in my early twenties we had this right tosser in my office who wore a hearing aid. We used to drive him mad when we whistled at a high pitch. He threatened to knock us out numerous times.

They must be much better now.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:34 pm

malcd1 wrote:When I was in my early twenties we had this right tosser in my office who wore a hearing aid. We used to drive him mad when we whistled at a high pitch. He threatened to knock us out numerous times.

Are they still beige, though? That's what I want to know. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:11 am

Trendy John Major's

Grey :mrgreen:

Still finding them a bit daunting, clever bit of kit though the old ones used to pick up more behind you making conversations in a noisy bar or where ever quite funny, these turn down the rear pickup and up the front so you get like almost 360 pickup

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:46 pm

Here is a photo of Hobo with his new hearing aid.

Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
malcd1 wrote:When I was in my early twenties we had this right tosser in my office who wore a hearing aid. We used to drive him mad when we whistled at a high pitch. He threatened to knock us out numerous times.

Are they still beige, though? That's what I want to know. :)
Used to be Clinic Pink, to match the glasses... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:26 am

I'm enjoying that last night (with Mrs ST and kids) of a fabulous 5 day break in NYC. This city is truly breathtaking in every respect and one I would never tire of returning to.
The Voice Of Reason

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:26 am

Salford Trotter wrote:I'm enjoying that last night (with Mrs ST and kids) of a fabulous 5 day break in NYC. This city is truly breathtaking in every respect and one I would never tire of returning to.

Love New York. Just love it. Hope to get back next year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:26 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Salford Trotter wrote:I'm enjoying that last night (with Mrs ST and kids) of a fabulous 5 day break in NYC. This city is truly breathtaking in every respect and one I would never tire of returning to.

Ditto.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:53 am

Thought this was pretty nifty. :)

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/116 ... h_a_twist/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:12 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Ditto.
To see those brilliant Picassos one more time...