Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 am

Today I'm melancholic and nostalgic. My last ever week-night at the pub I work at - my last quiz. Slightly pissed due to the generosity of the customers no doubt glad happy to see the back of me. One more shift on Sunday, a night time leaving-do packed with the debauchery only a country pub can offer, and then orf to the Smoke.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Today I did St Neot's Half Marathon.

Pleased I finished in 1:38:55

Not pleased that it's over two minutes slower than last year.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:29 am

Worked my last ever shift at the pub.

Era.

That's it ending (^).
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:40 am

bit bemused...

bought some new heads for my razor the other day - I have a wilkinson sword jobbie with the replaceable swivel heads...

my first ever razor had proper razor blades that you bought wrapped in a bit of paper - and a fixed head - single blade... did the job.

now - I embraced 2-bladed disposables with interest - and was kinda impressed with the 3-bladed upgrade..

BUT - the only wilkinson sword blades they had for my razor in the shop were 5-bladed - yes - fecking FIVE!!!

enough is enough, surely???

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:48 am

thebish wrote:bit bemused...

bought some new heads for my razor the other day - I have a wilkinson sword jobbie with the replaceable swivel heads...

my first ever razor had proper razor blades that you bought wrapped in a bit of paper - and a fixed head - single blade... did the job.

now - I embraced 2-bladed disposables with interest - and was kinda impressed with the 3-bladed upgrade..

BUT - the only wilkinson sword blades they had for my razor in the shop were 5-bladed - yes - fecking FIVE!!!

enough is enough, surely???
And try getting them without the antibacterial aloe vera impregnated swipe on the blade head - impossible.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:50 am

TBF you are shaving 5 chins now.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:56 am

Wandering Willy wrote:TBF you are shaving 5 chins now.
:D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:49 pm

bit bemused really..

on the way to a meeting I had R5 on - and they were having a phone-in on the question the Anglicans are again wringing their hands over - women bishops...

i heard a woman go on for about 10mins - she was given remarkable free uninterrupted reign - whining on about how it just didn't look right not to have a man do weddings and services - and how what we all want is a "father figure" and that it's just not right that women should be bishops or priests etc. etc. etc... and then at the end she said "of course I don't go to church"... :conf:

she was followed by a bloke who stated categorically that the bible was against women bishops and Jesus was too ( :conf: ) and then said - "of course, I've never really studied the Bible and I don't go to church"...

has there ever been a phone-in that isn't just an hour of utter wank??? I know it's cheap radio - but why does the BBC (or in fact any broadcaster) persist with this dialogue of the dumb????

this is now tipping over into angry-thread territory!!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:52 pm

thebish wrote:bit bemused really..

on the way to a meeting I had R5 on - and they were having a phone-in on the question the Anglicans are again wringing their hands over - women bishops...

i heard a woman go on for about 10mins - she was given remarkable free uninterrupted reign - whining on about how it just didn't look right not to have a man do weddings and services - and how what we all want is a "father figure" and that it's just not right that women should be bishops or priests etc. etc. etc... and then at the end she said "of course I don't go to church"... :conf:

she was followed by a bloke who stated categorically that the bible was against women bishops and Jesus was too ( :conf: ) and then said - "of course, I've never really studied the Bible and I don't go to church"...

has there ever been a phone-in that isn't just an hour of utter wank??? I know it's cheap radio - but why does the BBC (or in fact any broadcaster) persist with this dialogue of the dumb????

this is now tipping over into angry-thread territory!!
I'll join you in the angry thread if that motion doesn't get through and women bishops get blocked for another 5/10 years or however long it is...

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:Today I did St Neot's Half Marathon.

Shame it takes you the route it does, otherwise I could of got my "Go GtE!" banner out...
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
I'll join you in the angry thread if that motion doesn't get through and women bishops get blocked for another 5/10 years or however long it is...
given that i'm not really in favour of bishops at all - then it'd be a bit mad for me to get too steamed up about whether they are women or men... if anything i'd be a bit cross that when they do this the anglicans give the impression that the whole church is full of misogynistic, homophobic dickheads... (not to put too fine a point on it!)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:05 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
given that i'm not really in favour of bishops at all - then it'd be a bit mad for me to get too steamed up about whether they are women or men... if anything i'd be a bit cross that when they do this the anglicans give the impression that the whole church is full of misogynistic, homophobic dickheads... (not to put too fine a point on it!)
well i agree re not really seeing much point in bishops, but if they are gonna have pointless bishops then they should be allowed to be female! ;)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
well i agree re not really seeing much point in bishops, but if they are gonna have pointless bishops then they should be allowed to be female! ;)
cos women are good at being pointless??? :conf:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:35 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:Today I did St Neot's Half Marathon.

Shame it takes you the route it does, otherwise I could of got my "Go GtE!" banner out...

Well quite. I'd have had lods of support if it went through Bolton, for instance. :mrgreen:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Gooner Girl wrote: I'll join you in the angry thread if that motion doesn't get through and women bishops get blocked for another 5/10 years or however long it is...

you can go ahead and be cross then - cos once again - against the wishes of the bishops and clergy - those darned lay people have voted it out...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:23 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote: I'll join you in the angry thread if that motion doesn't get through and women bishops get blocked for another 5/10 years or however long it is...
you can go ahead and be cross then - cos once again - against the wishes of the bishops and clergy - those darned lay people have voted it out...
Democracy eh ?! It's a bugger when it doesn't go your way.

Still, it'll be asked gain in a few years time.

I wonder if, once it happens, whether it'll ever be re-asked then.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:32 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
not really sure how the anglican church synodical houses system works tbh... I'll bow to your greater knowledge and take your word for it being a democracy...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:20 pm

thebish wrote:bit bemused really..

Was listening to the debate trying to garner an understanding on the issue, listened to the woman you quote all the way from Colne to Keighley and then she blurts out with that. The CD mode was then selected from Keighley onwards and I'm none the wiser :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:51 am

Bitches ain't all up in my mutha fukkin house.

The Pope, Nov 2012
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:04 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:

Still, it'll be asked gain in a few years time.

I wonder if, once it happens, whether it'll ever be re-asked then.
How do they get out of the kitchen, long enough to be a Bishop? Call me old fashioned, but it just doesn't seem feasible.