The Official Strictly Thread.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: The Official Strictly Thread.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:15 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:How on earth did she get a 7!!! What's in her contract?
Was a real disappointment tonight. Got a heel caught in her frock which was unfortunate, but she lost the timing, and that "bag of cement" drag across the floor was pretty awful. Louis Smith was the star turn tonight with the Dirty Dancing routine. Top stuff.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:30 pm

Michael Vaughan to go?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:53 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Michael Vaughan to go?
It's very likely. He doesn't have much public support compared to the others. Richard might well be another fighting to be saved. Personally, I'd rather see Jerry Hall gone.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:45 pm

You may get your wish, Tango.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:58 pm

There she goes.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:There she goes.....
That'll do for me. Just couldn't take to all that fake posing and "dahling stuff" and she had no dance talent at all. Hope Michael Vaughan learns to dance, because he's a trier and Natalie's a likeable girl. Paso-Doble (when it comes up) with Lisa Riley as the bull should be something to see. :)

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:32 pm

He'll probably stay in for a couple of weeks, then get the chop.

At the minute, can't see past Louis, Kimberly or Denise.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:He'll probably stay in for a couple of weeks, then get the chop.
At the minute, can't see past Louis, Kimberly or Denise.
I agree, but that's a bit sad. It's only week three and they're already way out in front. Mind you, the Westlifers and the Eastender fans will have some effect on things.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:51 pm

At least there's three, in the past there hasn't been.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Was a real disappointment tonight. Got a heel caught in her frock which was unfortunate, but she lost the timing, and that "bag of cement" drag across the floor was pretty awful. Louis Smith was the star turn tonight with the Dirty Dancing routine. Top stuff.

Given that fact she's an olympian it makes you wonder how the hell she won things shes the least competitive competitor I've seen... feck up, give up and cry... She's also dull as dishwater...

Louis Smith was good, as was the lass from some girl band... And the fat 'un from Emmerdale...

This week more than made up for last weeks digi-box nightmares.
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:47 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Given that fact she's an olympian it makes you wonder how the hell she won things shes the least competitive competitor I've seen... feck up, give up and cry... She's also dull as dishwater... Louis Smith was good, as was the lass from some girl band... And the fat 'un from Emmerdale...

This week more than made up for last weeks digi-box nightmares.
Can't disagree. Really disapointing. I thought she had it all to dance well but she just doesn't seem to relate at all. Not even in the race right now. Ah well, at least you've got Richard doing Paso-Doble next weekend. That should be something.. :wink:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:46 pm

Sid & Ola to get the boot.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:26 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Sid & Ola to get the boot.
No big surpise. That Ghostbuster routine was pretty awful. Tough her mother took ill and she had to fly home mid-week leaving him with a substitute partner. Any one of Fern, Sid, Richard or Colin was always in danger. Think it was the right call for the Sid fella to go out. Michael Vaughan was the star of the night on Saturday for his improvement. Well done that man.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:27 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:Sid & Ola to get the boot.
No big surpise. That Ghostbuster routine was pretty awful. Tough her mother took ill and she had to fly home mid-week leaving him with a substitute partner. Any one of Fern, Sid, Richard or Colin was always in danger. Think it was the right call for the Sid fella to go out. Michael Vaughan was the star of the night on Saturday for his improvement. Well done that man.
Pretty much agree with you Tango. The only good thing about the Ghostbusters routine was Ola's arse.....lovely.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:35 pm

Is Denise Van Outen still well worth one?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:37 pm

I wouldn't say no.......but then I'd give Claudia a whirl too.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:47 am

TANGODANCER wrote: Michael Vaughan was the star of the night on Saturday for his improvement. Well done that man.
You say that TD, but actually his Waltz in week 1 was alright as well... just think Vaughany is more suited to ballroom rather than latin...

As it stands Louis Smith is head and shoulders above the rest for me. Kimberley and Denise are ok, but then again both have had training doing stuff on the west end, so probably have a head start on some of the others. Lisa's good just for how involved she is, but at somepoint with all that bouncing around she's goign to break a cankle
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:15 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:I wouldn't say no.......but then I'd give Claudia a whirl too.
Probably do Claudia after a few pints.

Denise defo, I would be rutting her like a stray dog. :grin:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:41 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: Michael Vaughan was the star of the night on Saturday for his improvement. Well done that man.
You say that TD, but actually his Waltz in week 1 was alright as well... just think Vaughany is more suited to ballroom rather than latin...
It was decent yes, and I agree his ballroom is better, but he nearly put himself right out of it with that mad jive,"So bad it was good", and the Full Monty thing was pretty awful. Much depends on latin in this and the judges are pretty keen. He's a bit lucky that Natalie is tall, because the Colin chap only got through by the skin of his teeth last night. Since Camilla left there aren't many tall girls left among the professionals. Mind you, Goughie won it with one of the smallest of the lot in Lillia, so who knows.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:53 pm

Just read that Michael Vaughan claims that the Nicky/Westlife fella carries a mirror about in his pocket and is always looking at it and asking people "Do I look okay?" Nicky out..