fight the flab

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: fight the flab

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:00 pm

I was certainly fat at the start of Summer, manage to almost reach 18 stone at one point, however given I now have to do 8 miles walking a day just to get to and from work, I now have to walk around with my hands in my pockets otherwise my jeans fall down. Down to about 16.5 now and all down to necessity rather than trying.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:02 pm

buy a belt dan

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:03 pm

Mind you I don't want to lose to much more weight as Being 6ft3 and well built has it's advantages. Good suggestion Jaffka
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:07 pm

you should have some tattoos as well

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:07 pm

like a Lacoste crocodile in your hairline

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:18 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I've now lost around seven kilos in two months, by cutting out bread and starchy carbs. It's been hard as I love my carbs in any and every guise, but I do feel much better for it. Our old fella had a quadruple heart by pass when he was five years older than I am now and his dad was dead from heart disease at 54. Family statistics are a huge driver for me and I'm aware I need to increase my cardio work outs to a far higher level. Onwards and upwards :-)
had to translate that on a convertor... 7 kilos - that's about a STONE!! nice work! :oyea:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:20 pm

jaffka wrote:like a Lacoste crocodile in your hairline
Why?

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:26 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:The thing about all this is that we eat food for energy so we can run about and catch more food. If you're eating right before you go to bed you're missing the point of food (depending on what you get up to in bed I suppose :D )

I'm doing this intermittent fasting 16:8 thing a few days a week. So I won't eat food after 8pm, then next day I won't eat until after 12 noon (not eating for 16 hours). It's not exactly a diet because you can eat what you want during the 8 hours. The theory is it takes ages (up to 12 hours) to properly digest everything in your stomach and finish using the energy from that meal. Not eating for 16 hours means your body digests everything in your stomach and has a good while to think about whether it needs to start burning some fat. It's a bit like ramadan but you can choose when you do it and you're not doing it 365 days a year, just a few days a week, or whenever.
Sorry, but that's proper nonsense that is, in soooooooo many ways!
What do you think fat stores in the body are for? If you want to catch energy to instantly use it try sugars, and then if you eat nothing else be prepared to die early through lack of sleep because you'll need to keep topping up your energy stores. Just think bears and winter to realise how ridiculouse the concept you've outlined above is.
I'm not entirely sure you understood what I wrote, but maybe I wrote it differently to what I'm trying to say. Eating a lot of sugar is the opposite to what one should do. This is the flab-fighting thread, right? Human beings in 2014 don't need massive amounts of fat to see them through the winter, unless you're somewhere particularly cold.

Here's a link... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:40 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Why?
You would look well cool 8)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:58 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
thebish wrote:just to see if there is any interest...

I don't know if I am the only one who might be slightly out of condition as age advances and might be a couple of stone above my previously ideal fighting-fit teenage buff-weight as I sneak quietly past 50...

but - well - I'm a bit too fat. So - not for the first time - I am just embarking on a campaign to slim down. It's too late for me to achieve a beach-bod in time for the summer - but - hey, I feel less hungry when it's hot, so I figured summer is as good a time as any!

this is a thread for anyone who is making a conscious effort to trim the flab - a place to share your triumphs and disasters - tears and joys, heartache, sadness and pain... a place to find a friendly encouraging arm to help you on your journey to the new you... etc.... :wink:

Good for you.

Word to the wise. Eat less and exercise more. Magic formula for weight loss.

Forget your faddy diets, this is where it all starts. You can fine tune from there.

When I say exercise I don't mean a long walk either. Do something that gets you out of breath and your heart racing three times a week for 30 minutes each time.

Missed this first time around.

Long and the short of everything else is that^.
Yep. This is the exact conversation that I've just had with Mrs BP. In addition to cutting down on the alcohol.

Currently on day 8 of a 9 day programme of eating healthier, which also involves using leftovers from teatime, for the following day's dinner. Saving money in the process! I'm also eating fruit in between meals, which is something that I don't normally eat.

Just done the one walk/run to date and have currently dropped 5lbs! I cleaned my bike up this evening and am taking it in for a quick repair on Saturday, so from next week will be alternating cycling and running.

I am looking forward to a beer/glass of wine on Friday, however!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:00 pm

jaffka wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Why?
I think I would look like a bot of a chav/tw@t turning up at work with the Lacoste croc shaved into my hair.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:43 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
jaffka wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Why?
I think I would look like a bot of a chav/tw@t turning up at work with the Lacoste croc shaved into my hair.
Be a trend setter and not a follower dan.

You can always grow your hair :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:16 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Hmmmm, I just can't seem to break the 10 stone barrier - in the last four years I've been as high as 10st13lb (briefly) and as low as 10st2lb (on a downward trend), but am now stuck on 10st~7lb-ish. It's a bugger. I want 9st12lb as my target weight but as I go part time as of next week I expect to break the barrier some time this year (due to less sitting around on my arse at work).
I don't eat breakfast or dinner/lunch or supper. One meal a day man around eight o'clock at night. That way I can drink up to three pints of bitter without calorific consequences. Now that's a proper diet.
Eh? 10 stone?? I'm trying to get under 15 stone and I've got down to 15 2lbs from 16 stone in May. My doctor wants me down to 14st 2lbs. Why would you want to get under 10 stone - strong winds would cause problems.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:36 am

i reckon ideally id be 12.5 stone and im about a stone over that atm. but this thread has made me feel much better - fat bastards :)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:42 pm

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:31 pm

thebish wrote:Image
Despite the fact every American crime drama on T.V and film needs to use it forty times, I really detest that mxxxxx-fxxxxx word. I'd lock people up for using it. It's disgusting. Just thought I'd say.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:26 pm

thebish wrote:Image
Not enough. :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:17 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Hmmmm, I just can't seem to break the 10 stone barrier - in the last four years I've been as high as 10st13lb (briefly) and as low as 10st2lb (on a downward trend), but am now stuck on 10st~7lb-ish. It's a bugger. I want 9st12lb as my target weight but as I go part time as of next week I expect to break the barrier some time this year (due to less sitting around on my arse at work).
I don't eat breakfast or dinner/lunch or supper. One meal a day man around eight o'clock at night. That way I can drink up to three pints of bitter without calorific consequences. Now that's a proper diet.
Eh? 10 stone?? I'm trying to get under 15 stone and I've got down to 15 2lbs from 16 stone in May. My doctor wants me down to 14st 2lbs. Why would you want to get under 10 stone - strong winds would cause problems.
Gerrof, Monty, Spotty's got the right idea. Of course I'm biased as I'm a slightly built hunk of mass. After attaining full physical growth 8½ stones became my 'normal' weight. I am, or used to be, about average height (5'10½") but have shrunk by a couple of inches since then. It's only in the last ten years or so that I have put on a bit of weight - mainly in the form af a wine paunch - but I doubt that I've ever weighed more than 10 stones. Mind you it's only a month or so ago I tried to check my weight on our bathroom scales, which is something I haven't done for years, however I found it impossible to do so. If I stood on the damn thing I couldn't read the dial and when trying to crouch on the infernal device it was too small and I fell off before the dial settled down. :doh:

Keep up the good work, Spotty, and ignore the behemoths on TW. :smile:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:12 am

Dujon wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Gerrof, Monty, Spotty's got the right idea. Of course I'm biased as I'm a slightly built hunk of mass. After attaining full physical growth 8½ stones became my 'normal' weight. I am, or used to be, about average height (5'10½") but have shrunk by a couple of inches since then. It's only in the last ten years or so that I have put on a bit of weight - mainly in the form af a wine paunch - but I doubt that I've ever weighed more than 10 stones. Mind you it's only a month or so ago I tried to check my weight on our bathroom scales, which is something I haven't done for years, however I found it impossible to do so. If I stood on the damn thing I couldn't read the dial and when trying to crouch on the infernal device it was too small and I fell off before the dial settled down. :doh:

Keep up the good work, Spotty, and ignore the behemoths on TW. :smile:
:shock: 8.5 stone is under 120 pounds. You must have been a beanpole! Maybe bone density has something to do with it but... You have forgotten in the last 55 years but there are 14 pounds in a stone, not 18 :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:39 am

Watch it, Sunshine. If you're not careful I'll hop over to Canada and test my new found stones on your stones. :grin: