2015 Ashes

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Re: 2015 Ashes

Post by Dujon » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:53 am

That's a disappointing result. Not the fact that one side won and the other didn't, just the way the Australians performed. I watched a bit of it but, disgusted with the Australia approach I turned off the television and tucked myself into bed. Surely Clarke didn't instruct the team to go out and play as though it was an ODI? If it were not for the tail-end, Johnson down, who scored about 110 between them it'd have been a rout rather than a convincing defeat.

As to the the Australian bowling I'm bewildered. Starc, with seven for the match on a gammy leg, was the best of the bunch. Johnson would have had more input to the game if he'd been twelfth man. They, the bowlers, seem to run out of puff quite early. Thinking back to the two county games (Northants (?) and Essex) it wasn't much different. Surely it's not the balls (Duke versus Kookaburra) or the weather or the pitch?

Australia fielding was a bit ordinary as well. Perhaps it's a fitness thing - too many short games where bowlers have a maximum of allocated overs and the fieldsmen only a few hours on the park. As a neutral during The Ashes I'm simply annoyed that the losing team didn't put up a decent show during the four (4) days of this test match.

Congratulations to England, the team outplayed Australia in most departments and deserved the victory.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Love this:

In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:59 pm

Prufrock wrote:Love this:

:lol: Love it. Mitchell Johnson is also on list of people who, despite me never having met them, I dislike passionately.

Read also: Federer R, Mickleson P, Haye D, Lehmann J, Morrissey SP, Bragg W, Vine J............. and many, many more. c*nts the lot of 'em! ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote::lol: Love it. Mitchell Johnson is also on list of people who, despite me never having met them, I dislike passionately.

Read also: Federer R, Mickleson P, Haye D, Lehmann J, Morrissey SP, Bragg W, Vine J............. and many, many more. c*nts the lot of 'em! ;)
Bloody hell. All those would be on my death wish as well. Add in Paul McCartney, Pete Doherty, Katie Price, James Corden, Graham Norten, Simon Cowell, Gok Wan, Davina McCall, Alan Carr, Russell Brand etc. etc.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:57 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Love this:

:lol: Love it. Mitchell Johnson is also on list of people who, despite me never having met them, I dislike passionately.

That shouting in the face of a batsman he's just dismissed is the thing. My housemate hates cricket and usually offers no opinion on it other than that. However he broke his silence to announce that he'd like to be a batsman for one day so he could wrap his bat around Johnson's head if he did that.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:03 pm

^^ It's all part n parcel.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:27 pm

Not a cracking start for us. 129-1 right now. Could do with a coupleof quick wickets soon.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:17 pm

205 for 1 and Bell's dropped Smith at 2nd slip on 50. Hey, there's always the Golf ;)

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:42 pm

Long day.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Blimey. So .... a draw then !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:59 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Blimey. So .... a draw then !!

You'd take one at the moment, wouldn't you?! My mate reckons that they'll declare at 500. I reckon that they'll carry on longer than that with a view to forcing the follow-on.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

You'd take one at the moment, wouldn't you?! My mate reckons that they'll declare at 500. I reckon that they'll carry on longer than that with a view to forcing the follow-on.
Surely they'll go for more than 500, look to stick england in for an hour at the end of tomorrow and have johnson and starc launch at them, with hazelwood at t'other end.

#digin.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:51 am

KeyserSoze wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Surely they'll go for more than 500, look to stick england in for an hour at the end of tomorrow and have johnson and starc launch at them, with hazelwood at t'other end.

#digin.
Yeah - can't see why they'd declare on 500 and leave England a bat on what looks to be a decent wicket - I'd bat somewhat longer and see if I could bowl us out twice on a slightly more deteriorating wicket. They could bat all tomorrow and still leave themselves three days with England needing 450+ to make them bat again...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:14 am

We'll get them out for under 400. Wait and see.. *halo*

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:19 am

Jesus. Line the fielders up around the boundary, make the run rate as slow as possible and then aim to bat forever. We're not winning this one!

And yeah, can't see them aiming for anything other than enforcing a follow on.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:00 pm

^^ well there's little option than to plan not to lose 20 wickets over 3 days. Top quality players set that simpke target should be capable of doing it on a benign pitch.

Now we'll see if they are top quality players.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:25 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:We'll get them out for under (400) cough..500 :oops: . Wait and see.. *halo*

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:51 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:We'll get them out for under (400) cough..500 :oops: . Wait and see.. *halo*
I now reckon that they'll declare on 600+ sometime after tea. Have an hour at us and we'll finish on about 25-3 :(

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:53 pm

Fair play to Steven Smith - the c*nt!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate