Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:12 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote: I'll join you in the angry thread if that motion doesn't get through and women bishops get blocked for another 5/10 years or however long it is...
you can go ahead and be cross then - cos once again - against the wishes of the bishops and clergy - those darned lay people have voted it out...
Democracy eh ?! It's a bugger when it doesn't go your way.

Still, it'll be asked gain in a few years time.

I wonder if, once it happens, whether it'll ever be re-asked then.
How do they get out of the kitchen, long enough to be a Bishop? Call me old fashioned, but it just doesn't seem feasible.
does it take much time being a bishop??

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:14 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote: I'll join you in the angry thread if that motion doesn't get through and women bishops get blocked for another 5/10 years or however long it is...
you can go ahead and be cross then - cos once again - against the wishes of the bishops and clergy - those darned lay people have voted it out...

How do they get out of the kitchen, long enough to be a Bishop? Call me old fashioned, but it just doesn't seem feasible.
It's all that moving on the diagonal.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:16 pm

bobo the clown wrote:It's all that moving on the diagonal.
haha - I mitre expected that from you!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:17 pm

thebish wrote: [does it take much time being a bishop??
Nah. You get bags of free time on the internet. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:27 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:

I think good ones, spend a lot of time at it.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:43 pm

You can't bash a woman bishop.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:55 am

For some years now, I’ve been rather proud of an achievement of mine which has known no parallel. Travelling to a work meeting in a car chatting to colleagues with whom I had shared 5 pints of Guinness, a bottle of red and a large curry buffet the night before, I succeeded in having the car stopped on the hard shoulder and the evacuation of the vehicle in record time after silently emptying the gaseous contents of my large intestine into an enclosed space. Childish? Yes, but it still makes me chuckle.

Unsurpassable I thought. Until this morning. Following on a from a spectacularly good chicken and butter bean casserole last night, I filled the car up at Morrissons and took my place in the queue to pay. Feeling my stomach knot, I had that moment of brief panic I’m sure we all feel, between the moment the build up starts and the realisation that it has in fact, escaped silently. Some 20 seconds later, I heard a strange gagging noise behind me and a rapid shuffling of feet. Turning to see what the fuss was about, I caught a side view of a very pale lady hurtling towards the door covering her nose and mouth. Half way through the turn, I gagged myself a little when the full extent of the stench hit me.
A stand off then ensued, poor lady outside retching and the bloke behind me stuck between not wanting to move forward and being pushed by the ever growing queue of people trying to get in the door behind him. He wasn’t happy. The look on his face said something like “You f…… animal”. I smiled, ambled forward and paid my 25 quid, hearing a “…..f***s sake………” behind me from a bloke who was looking for a flapjack in the space I had just vacated.

I’m not happy about this, I’m not sad. I just feel rather proud. 40 odd years old and toilet humour still makes me smile.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:09 am

Bijou Bob wrote:For some years now, I’ve been rather proud of an achievement of mine which has known no parallel. Travelling to a work meeting in a car chatting to colleagues with whom I had shared 5 pints of Guinness, a bottle of red and a large curry buffet the night before, I succeeded in having the car stopped on the hard shoulder and the evacuation of the vehicle in record time after silently emptying the gaseous contents of my large intestine into an enclosed space. Childish? Yes, but it still makes me chuckle.

Unsurpassable I thought. Until this morning. Following on a from a spectacularly good chicken and butter bean casserole last night, I filled the car up at Morrissons and took my place in the queue to pay. Feeling my stomach knot, I had that moment of brief panic I’m sure we all feel, between the moment the build up starts and the realisation that it has in fact, escaped silently. Some 20 seconds later, I heard a strange gagging noise behind me and a rapid shuffling of feet. Turning to see what the fuss was about, I caught a side view of a very pale lady hurtling towards the door covering her nose and mouth. Half way through the turn, I gagged myself a little when the full extent of the stench hit me.
A stand off then ensued, poor lady outside retching and the bloke behind me stuck between not wanting to move forward and being pushed by the ever growing queue of people trying to get in the door behind him. He wasn’t happy. The look on his face said something like “You f…… animal”. I smiled, ambled forward and paid my 25 quid, hearing a “…..f***s sake………” behind me from a bloke who was looking for a flapjack in the space I had just vacated.

I’m not happy about this, I’m not sad. I just feel rather proud. 40 odd years old and toilet humour still makes me smile.
You f....... animal. I only inflict that sort of thing on my missus. She doesn't need sleeping pills, I gas her unconscious.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:16 am

Bijou Bob wrote:For some years now, I’ve been rather proud of an achievement of mine which has known no parallel. Travelling to a work meeting in a car chatting to colleagues with whom I had shared 5 pints of Guinness, a bottle of red and a large curry buffet the night before, I succeeded in having the car stopped on the hard shoulder and the evacuation of the vehicle in record time after silently emptying the gaseous contents of my large intestine into an enclosed space. Childish? Yes, but it still makes me chuckle.

You are Big Fat Rob what I worked with in the 90s and I claim my £5 worth of air freshener.
Businesswoman of the year.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:09 pm

I just hope is was gas only.

The thought of the taupe chino's with a large brown stain of which you are, initially, unaware is far from edifying.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:57 pm

Crop dusting is one of my favourite pastimes :D

crop dusting
Passing gas in a stealthy manor, usually while walking through a crowd or a group, so that someone else gets blamed for the stench, or at the very least people besides the assailant must suffer it.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Crop dusting is one of my favourite pastimes :D

crop dusting
Passing gas in a stealth manor, usually while walking through a crowd or a group, so that someone else gets blamed for the stench, or at the very least people besides the assailent must suffer it.
.....best one I've heard it called is "Opening Dracula's coffin"
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Brilliant :lol:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:50 pm

Silent tears of laughter in my office....... :lol:

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:25 am

A colleague phoned me up just after 11 tonight to ask if I could meet him at work so I could let him in to retrieve his wallet.

I stopped off at the pub on the way back for a large glass of Malbec which might just explain why I can't be arsed to get angry about it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Just amazed. (I know I shouldn't be) Three houses in our road have started putting Christmas lights up. One house has the Christmas tree up too. It's still November? :?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Just amazed. (I know I shouldn't be) Three houses in our road have started putting Christmas lights up. One house has the Christmas tree up too. It's still November? :?
There were people putting them up two weeks ago. This calls for an angry thread moment...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:

:whack: Cheeky git.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:26 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:

:whack: Cheeky git.
Microwave meals I guess.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:06 pm

I've got my first Christmas dinner this coming Monday. I haven't even thought about blimmin Christmas yet. :?
May the bridges I burn light your way