Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by thebish » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:06 pm

if you don't want the time - don't do the crime! :wink:

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:55 pm

Aye granted Bish. I've taken my front number plate off now, in order not to get potted for doing 33 in a 30. It's in the passenger footwell. "I'm sorry officer, I've just had a new one made for my mot as you can see. I'll fix it on when I get home".
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:39 am

Bijou Bob wrote:How's the wife Monty??

On another note, 15 days ago I set off for work, overtaking a young woman who was too busy texting to drive in a straight line. Too late, I spotted the mobile speed trap parked in the 50mph zone with his camera pointing into the 40 stretch. Tw4t. 15 days later, no notice through the post after crapping myself every time the postie dropped something through the letterbox. So, I'd just like to take this opportunity to tell Lancashire County Council to go Feck themselves. Sideways.

I thought they could take up to 6 weeks to arrive?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:44 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:How's the wife Monty??

On another note, 15 days ago I set off for work, overtaking a young woman who was too busy texting to drive in a straight line. Too late, I spotted the mobile speed trap parked in the 50mph zone with his camera pointing into the 40 stretch. Tw4t. 15 days later, no notice through the post after crapping myself every time the postie dropped something through the letterbox. So, I'd just like to take this opportunity to tell Lancashire County Council to go Feck themselves. Sideways.

I thought they could take up to 6 weeks to arrive?
NIPS - notice of intention to prosecute MUST arrive within 14 days of the offence occurring.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:26 pm

wahayyyy!!! eldest son finally pressed the Apple Store GO button for his new game to start being sold... apparently a couple of weeks while they process it - but will actually be on sale soon! :D

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:30 pm

^ Ooh! I'll have a look if you tell us what to look out for.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:48 pm

clapton is god wrote:^ Ooh! I'll have a look if you tell us what to look out for.
I shall be back when Apple have turned all their cogs... I shall expect every single TW forum member who has an ipad to buy it and give it a five star rating... :D

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:51 pm

:? Apple :?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:52 pm

thebish wrote:
clapton is god wrote:^ Ooh! I'll have a look if you tell us what to look out for.
I shall be back when Apple have turned all their cogs... I shall expect every single TW forum member who has an ipad to buy it and give it a five star rating... :D
That'll be all two of them.
Is he not doing an Android version and a Windows mod? Or is he employed by, spit, Apple?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Is he not doing an Android version and a Windows mod? Or is he employed by, spit, Apple?

he is now working on a port to android - yeah...

nope - not employed by apple - small independent games company...

the reason a lot of games start on apple is simply that their screen-resolution options are far more limited than the vast array of possibilities with android machines.. it is (I am told) MUCH easier to code a game and know it will work on a limited set of screen-resolutions than to try to take account of how everything will look and perform on a much bigger range without losing quality or getting stupid distortions or ending up with a massive installation file...

however - as I said - he is now working on porting it to Android...

i don't have an ipad - so obv won't be buying it. the missus does, though...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:41 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:

he is now working on a port to android - yeah...

nope - not employed by apple - small independent games company...

the reason a lot of games start on apple is simply that their screen-resolution options are far more limited than the vast array of possibilities with android machines.. it is (I am told) MUCH easier to code a game and know it will work on a limited set of screen-resolutions than to try to take account of how everything will look and perform on a much bigger range without losing quality or getting stupid distortions or ending up with a massive installation file...

however - as I said - he is now working on porting it to Android...

i don't have an ipad - so obv won't be buying it. the missus does, though...
I'll wait for the Windows version myself, but once on Android I'll get my missus (and her extensive network) to give it a go... whatever it is, if of course there's a free trial download...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:14 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Sorry to hear that Monty, but go to Jamaica anyway, even if you've got to store her in the bedroom for the entire holiday. Remember plenty of gaffer tape so the hotel workers can't hear her expletives'... :lol:
Following your advice we are going anyway. She still coughs a lot but is generally better if very tired. She can talk again (not sure about that one). Due at the airport in about 16 hours. I think the moist, warm sea air will do more good than the various drugs she's been on to little avail. :oyea: Next stop Montego Bay.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:21 pm

Hope it goes well Monty!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:52 pm

Aye, best of luck with it all Monty. Hope you both have a good and beneficial holiday. Montego bay beats Morecambe Bay and day of the week... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:14 pm

Yeah! Good choice, well made. Enjoy yourselves!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:55 am

Thanks, chaps. I'll leave BWFC in your capable hands for the next couple of games (don't think radio Tango or much else reaches where I'm going in half an hour).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:14 pm

Enjoy Monty, all the best to Mrs M and safe journey.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:51 am

Going out on the bikes :D

(Not to Matlock bath or even Derbyshire until Spots is away on holiday :mrgreen: )

Southport actually.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:02 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Enjoy Monty, all the best to Mrs M and safe journey.
We made it safely there and back. Wife still coughing but somewhat improved - I'll now return her to the medical fraternity. I hoped BWFC might win a couple of games without my support on Radio Tango but this was a vain hope. I once forgot to take my water resistant watch off when taking a brief dip in the sea - it clearly got its resistance training from the Italian army. Montego Bay was great in all respects but one. We could not get out to where the waves broke on the beach because of some reef (well they called it a reef), so our sea bathing was reduced to pools that were no more than waist deep with no waves at all. Other than that a great resort, best food in the Caribbean so far and the friendliest people.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:43 pm

I'm happy that the UN World Happiness Report lists Canadians as the sixth happiest people in the world (behind Denmark, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway and Finland). Well, I would be, wouldn't I?