Brexit or Britin

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Brexit or Britin

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 25, 2016 9:24 am

So, I've been listening to Dan Hannan - a favourite orator of mine and someone whose opinions I tend to listen to closer than most others - and he's saying out.

However, a friend of a friend who's a man of some standing within the bank formerly known as The Midland says that they've made two sets of plans. If we remain in then it's business as usual, but if we vote out then they expect the BOE interest rate to rise to 2.5% in the first year and then up to as much as 7.5% the year after.

What to believe? I'm 4ucked if I know! :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 25, 2016 9:27 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:So, I've been listening to Dan Hannan - a favourite orator of mine and someone whose opinions I tend to listen to closer than most others - and he's saying out.

However, a friend of a friend who's a man of some standing within the bank formerly known as The Midland says that they've made two sets of plans. If we remain in then it's business as usual, but if we vote out then they expect the BOE interest rate to rise to 2.5% in the first year and then up to as much as 7.5% the year after.

:lol: :lol: :lol: He's been saying "out" for a lifetime. Noted Eurosceptic.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed May 25, 2016 9:30 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:So, I've been listening to Dan Hannan - a favourite orator of mine and someone whose opinions I tend to listen to closer than most others - and he's saying out.

This'll be the HSBC who have already announced they're going to drastically reduce their European footprint, with restructure, closures, redundancies and withdrawal from markets as they focus on the Far East ? That HSBC ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed May 25, 2016 9:36 am

I think leave will win because the old feck* vote. Then the Brexit lot will find negotiations with the EU a lot, lot harder than they anticipated. If they wan't access to the single market I can't see how they can avoid conceding the big bug bears of the Brexit camp namely: There'll still be free movement, we'll still have to pay subs and we'll still have to accept directives OR to save face they'll have to say they don't want to be in the single market anyway and watch all the car manufacturing plants piss off. Meanwhile, people who voted out will be wondering why the NHS hasn't had an extra £350m in funding every week after being sold a false promise and the ensuing economic downturn leads to further austerity and budget cuts. I can't wait.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed May 25, 2016 9:42 am

Now there's a c*nt, Daniel 'say the NHS is shit and should be shut down so Fox News will lick my arsehole & we don't need the ECHR because Magna Carta' Hannan. Good orator, sure, still a c*nt though.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed May 25, 2016 9:55 am

The economic arguments are a false flag in this debate, there are uncertainties if we leave and we will get screwed if we remain, the current Greek debacle, be it a Euro club problem, shows the extent of differences between members in finance, someone will pay.
Closer political union, the slow erosion of any power over the direction your country can take is the main worry, not going to happen? bollocks!
Every year, by stealth, more and more laws, rules and changes are creeping in the back door aided by certain system dwellers in our society, the people who believe in their true worth being to create a 'new world order', opt out will be little more than Neville Chamberlains piece of paper.
The recent assaults on the internet and it's freedom to carry both the good and the bad indicate the way these system dwellers are moving and one word sums it up, control.
Control the money and financial system, control the law making and enforcement apparatus, control 'defence', control the country, control the people, the EU.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 25, 2016 10:55 am

All panic fancies.

I'll say what I keep saying, polls will keep narrowing, few days before it will look like anyone's guess, then remain wilabout 10 points more than the latest polls had them. Glad folk are panicking though, biggest risk for remain is low turn out.

Consensus amongst the politicos is that leave are done and know it. Switching now to whinging how unfair it's all been so they can demand another one. Would be wonderfully SNP of them.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 25, 2016 12:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

What to believe? I'm

Your point being?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed May 25, 2016 12:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:All panic fancies.

I'll say what I keep saying, polls will keep narrowing, few days before it will look like anyone's guess, then remain wilabout 10 points more than the latest polls had them. Glad folk are panicking though, biggest risk for remain is low turn out.

Consensus amongst the politicos is that leave are done and know it. Switching now to whinging how unfair it's all been so they can demand another one. Would be wonderfully SNP of them.
Consensus in 2015 was a hung parliament or small Labour victory.

Consensus was the SNP would make a few gains.

The 'number' is up for those who think the status quo is still relevant.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 25, 2016 12:58 pm

Ah yes, the polls were wrong once.

We'll see!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed May 25, 2016 4:18 pm

I wonder if Hoboh was in town today to see his hero?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 25, 2016 4:43 pm

Beefheart wrote:I wonder if Hoboh was in town today to see his hero?
A bloke I know went down and said there was a fair turn -out on Victoria Square..
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed May 25, 2016 8:27 pm

Eva says "Vote Leave"

Eva writes...

“Every person has fell in to some degeneracy that they push, mine was tattoos, learned my lesson, no more, moving forward... I look forward to the sales of removal cream someday. Though *heart emoticon* my swastika, Adolf Hitler quote, SS motto, SS bolts & Swastika eagle… they will stay and I won’t ever dislike those ones."

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed May 25, 2016 9:15 pm

^^ the implication being that everyone considering "leave" is a moron & has fascist tendencies ????
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 25, 2016 9:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

What to believe? I'm

Your point being?
Well, your first sentence sorta presents the fact that Hannan is saying out as though it was "news". He's been Eurosceptic since he was in nappies. :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 25, 2016 10:24 pm

That post from Bish...is that real? I mean seriously if that is real it is truly frightening.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed May 25, 2016 10:25 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^ the implication being that everyone considering "leave" is a moron & has fascist tendencies ????
Hmmm, I think what they say here is "well you said it".
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed May 25, 2016 11:03 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:^^ the implication being that everyone considering "leave" is a moron & has fascist tendencies ????
Hmmm, I think what they say here is "well you said it".
Behave yourself cookie :D

There are lots of us concerned about how democratic and accountable the EU is without goose stepping through Victoria Square looking for muslamic ray guns. I suspect many of us will end up voting to remain though, just to disassociate ourselves from the racist fruitcakes as referred to in Bish's post. I think she might be the prettiest nazi I've ever seen though tbf
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 25, 2016 11:33 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

What to believe? I'm

Your point being?
Well, your first sentence sorta presents the fact that Hannan is saying out as though it was "news". He's been Eurosceptic since he was in nappies. :-)
No it doesn't. That's simply your misinterpretation. Where the fecking Dickens do I present what Hannan is saying as 'news'? :conf:

Oh no, you're not going down the discredit anything that might not tally with your opinion route are you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 25, 2016 11:46 pm

'teva. :-)