Brexit or Britin

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Brexit or Britin

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu May 26, 2016 8:44 am

Anybody see BBC Breakfast this morning?

They were interviewing ex-pats in Spain and asking whether they would vote stay or leave.

'Leave, definitely' said one woman 'too many immigrants for my liking'

Alannis Morissette would have creamed. :roll:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 26, 2016 9:14 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
No it doesn't. That's simply your misinterpretation. Where the fecking Dickens do I present what Hannan is saying as 'news'? :conf:

Oh no, you're not going down the discredit anything that might not tally with your opinion route are you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

to be fair to Worthy... (someone has to be!)

Worthy seems only to have said (rightly) that this is not news and is an opinion that Hannan has held for a long time and is fairly well known for (again - correct)

For you to suggest Worthy is discrediting Hannan by saying this is a bizarre understanding of the word "discredit"... I can't see anything in anything Worthy has posted here that amounts to discrediting Hannan... not even mildly...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 26, 2016 9:19 am

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
No it doesn't. That's simply your misinterpretation. Where the fecking Dickens do I present what Hannan is saying as 'news'? :conf:

Oh no, you're not going down the discredit anything that might not tally with your opinion route are you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

to be fair to Worthy... (someone has to be!)

Worthy seems only to have said (rightly) that this is not news and is an opinion that Hannan has held for a long time and is fairly well known for (again - correct)

For you to suggest Worthy is discrediting Hannan by saying this is a bizarre understanding of the word "discredit"... I can't see anything in anything Worthy has posted here that amounts to discrediting Hannan... not even mildly...
Nobody said it was news. I know exactly what Hannan's views are. FFS. Again,Where the fecking Dickens do I present what Hannan is saying as 'news'? :roll:

And where have I said he's trying to discredit Hannan directly? I said, and I'll put it again because this seems to be 'Hard to understand that that's in front of people week' "anything that might not tally with your opinion".

You're all interchangeable, you panic fannies. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 26, 2016 9:22 am

you've confused me - which isn't hard!

who/what was Worthy discrediting exactly that didn't tally with his opinion?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 26, 2016 9:49 am

For those interested and who have not yet found it, the BBC has done some work on the main claims from both sides called "Reality Check"

If you're tired of the hysterical - then this is boring as feck but (I think) fairly balanced and sane - if that's what you want! :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-polit ... m-35603388

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 26, 2016 9:50 am

thebish wrote:you've confused me - which isn't hard!

The notion that there are views that differ from his.

More pertinently though, if you read my last line - I still haven't a clue which way to vote. That was the point of my post but if people prefer to dissect the minutiae then that's up to them. I seem to be getting no help on here as this entire thread seems to reflect that that's happening as a whole, in that nobody appears to be offering up anything corroborative, either way, just criticism of the those that don't share their entrenched view.

No worries, I'll leave you all to your squabbles and look for guidance elsewhere. ;)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu May 26, 2016 10:31 am

It's relatively simple to me.

The leave campaigners say we'll be fecked over by the rest of Europe if we stay in.

The stay campaigners say we'll be fecked over by the rest of Europe if we leave.

And none of them really know.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu May 26, 2016 10:33 am

Prufrock wrote:Ah yes, the polls were wrong once.

We'll see!
Once?

A touch disingenuous methinks

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu May 26, 2016 10:40 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:It's relatively simple to me.

The leave campaigners say we'll be fecked over by the rest of Europe if we stay in.

The stay campaigners say we'll be fecked over by the rest of Europe if we leave.

Fair summary IMHO.

I favour taking a chance of being 'fecked over' from the outside because at least we have a chance to fight back, inside we are swamped!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu May 26, 2016 10:44 am

Hoboh wrote:

Fair summary IMHO.

I favour taking a chance of being 'fecked over' from the outside because at least we have a chance to fight back, inside we are swamped!

See, I'm leaning towards staying in for the same reason.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu May 26, 2016 10:47 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Fair summary IMHO.

See, I'm leaning towards staying in for the same reason.
With the makeup states of the EU now, I wouldn't hold my breath for any reform, Dave tried tinkering on the edges and got nowhere.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 26, 2016 11:35 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:

nahhh - he didn't do anything of the sort! not even close!

anyway - I have offered you a BBC link to non-partisan information on the key debating points!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 26, 2016 12:13 pm

One of my biggest concerns is in being a part of my grandkids ( I don't say kids because they're all grown and capable of voting for themselves) futures by voting at all, in what is no clearer or nearer to offering a solution than backing black or red on a roulette wheel. Two open-topped buses with blokes with tannoy's having a "who can shout loudest" contest is our guidance council? . At very best it's a vote and hope situation on what could be a life-changing issue. Right now we're living in a place where all we hear about are government-guided cuts in public services by clueless councils who can't even cut the grass in parks anymore. Is it any wonder we don't know which way to vote? We have just as much chance of being right or wrong by flipping a coin. Oh for a government who could guide us and run the country for its own benefit.

In summary: heads, tails, or don't bother? What a lousy choice.

ps: Amongst the people I've spoken with on this, most are for "out" or just don't know. How could they?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 26, 2016 12:33 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

anyway - I have offered you a BBC link to non-partisan information on the key debating points!
Yes he did. By the very act of picking that part out of a post and actually choosing to misinterpret it. Like I say, you entrenched types are all interchangeable regardless as to which side of the 'debate' ( :lmfao: ) you're on.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 26, 2016 12:40 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Yes he did. By the very act of picking that part out of a post and actually choosing to misinterpret it. Like I say, you entrenched types are all interchangeable regardless as to which side of the 'debate' ( :lmfao: ) you're on.
did you check out the BBC link? helpful?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 26, 2016 12:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

More pertinently though, if you read my last line - I still haven't a clue which way to vote. That was the point of my post but if people prefer to dissect the minutiae then that's up to them. I seem to be getting no help on here as this entire thread seems to reflect that that's happening as a whole, in that nobody appears to be offering up anything corroborative, either way, just criticism of the those that don't share their entrenched view.

No worries, I'll leave you all to your squabbles and look for guidance elsewhere. ;)
I'd just like to say at this point, I'm confused, by everything, all the time, so just ignore me...

There isn't a right answer, so you can't expect one. You'd expect Hannan to spin a story that suits his narrative for Brexit, just as much as you'd expect Cameron, Osborne etc. to spin a story that suits their narrative for Remain.

I doubt anyone will say anything in the next 28 days that'll give you any more confidence in where you're placing your "X" than you have currently, given that the "debate" has been going on for about 70 years. :-)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 26, 2016 12:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Be serious, panic fanny! I pointed out that Hannan has been Brexit and Eurosceptic for years. Look
Worthy4England wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: He's been saying "out" for a lifetime. Noted Eurosceptic.
Where does that even begin to discuss anything Hannan said, let alone discredit it?

Jeez Louise

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 26, 2016 1:02 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Worthy4England wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: He's been saying "out" for a lifetime. Noted Eurosceptic.
Where does that even begin to discuss anything Hannan said, let alone discredit it?

Jeez Louise
So you quote yourself as saying Hannan has been "saying out" for a lifetime, and then ask where does that even begin to discuss anything Hannan has said? Well, right there where you told us what Hannan's been saying for years! :conf:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 26, 2016 1:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Jeez Louise
So you quote yourself as saying Hannan has been "saying out" for a lifetime, and then ask where does that even begin to discuss anything Hannan has said? Well, right there where you told us what Hannan's been saying for years! :conf:
Ok... :D

Guilty as Charged M'lud. It begins, in a very formative manner, to discuss the fact that Hannan has been saying out for a lifetime. :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 26, 2016 2:27 pm

Anyway - I'll have a look at Bish's BBC thing when I get a mo, see if I can decipher a third way. :D