This weeks RIP's........

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:58 am

absolute phenomenal monster of a player! RIP

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:00 am

Aye. There's probably a couple of Underwood's rest a little easier without looking over their shoulders today.

RIP Jonah.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:40 am

Tragic. R.I.P.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:44 am

thebish wrote:absolute phenomenal monster of a player! RIP
I recall him coming onto the scene and thinking it was almost unfair on the other players in the World. He was soooo much better than anyone else.

It turned out, in the end, that it was his health that was to restrict him rather than any opponents.

RIP
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:09 pm

I find egg chasing tedious in the extreme but he lightened up a dull sport for me. Not only his performances in the 95 world cup but also how the South Africans managed him in the final. Awful to see someone so young and so apparently indestructible, pass away so young. :(
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:03 pm

Mr Rumbold (aka Nicholas Smith). I didn't know that he was the last surviving member of the cast. :(

May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:46 pm

Just had a call from a friend to tell me that one of the ladies who was in our dance programme has sadly passed away this week. One of three sisters, (one of whom was my dance partner) they were fondly referred to as The Beverley sisters. Lovely ladies. R.I.P Edna, God Bless.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:23 am

The coal industry.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... n-industry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:20 am

Hoboh wrote:The coal industry.
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... n-industry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Incredible timing. Never anything but disastrous, her majesty's government wish the miners and their famiies a Merry Christmas. "Brassed Off" doesn't go near it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:59 pm

Hoboh wrote:The coal industry.
They were on about this on 5 Live when I was driving in, about it being the last day for the last deep mine in Britain, and they'd sent some reporter out to interview miners as they came up in the lift for the last time. So, the reporter accosts this miner and asked how he felt etc. to which he replied "Set o' bastards, they want 4uckin' hangin'"

Straight back to the studio for an apology :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:45 pm

^ That was the first thing I heard as I turned the radio on this morning. Had to shake my head!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:04 pm

The miners collectively spent over a century telling anyone who'd listen that the job was shite and badly managed and that "they only did it so their children didn't have to follow them down there".

Well they got their wish.

Personally I'm sick of hearing about their mythical communities and the 'lions led by donkeys' bllx. The noble fight of the Miners Strike and how badly treated they were all made nice & fluffy by the idealised crap of "Brassed Off", "Billy Elliott" and "Miners Love Gay Boys" bullshit.

The guy on the radio this morning summed them up nicely. Wa nkers.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:48 pm

^ yeah huzzah!!!

let's drive the economy forwards with an army of HR consultants!!! :pissed: :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:18 pm

Aye bastard miners. I mean they nearly caused 50% of the havoc the bankers managed. But bankers being white collar, that's alright then. Necessary evil...

Can't beat perspective. Wonder how many bankers had their phones tapped?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:48 pm

^^ I wonder how many banker's leaders were, now proven to be, in the pay of the East German secret police ?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:05 pm

yay - huzzah for the bankers for not having leaders in the pay of the east german secret police!! big creds and nuff respec' to them all!! :pissed:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:25 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^ I wonder how many banker's leaders were, now proven to be, in the pay of the East German secret police ?
I dunno, but given East Germany doesn't exist, I'd expect it to be fairly low 100's.

How many banks had their income stream's sequestered by the Government, to stop them operating?

Wankers.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:03 pm

"A mine is a hole in the ground with a crook at the top and a fool at the bottom!"....Mark Twain?

Once went down Agecroft Colliery mine.Our female teacher was married to some sort of supervisor there. Right up to the coal face, part way lying flat on a conveyor belt. We all went in full of bravado, and came out never wanting to go back in there ever again. Read into that what you will....

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:53 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:"A mine is a hole in the ground with a crook at the top and a fool at the bottom!"....Mark Twain?

Once went down Agecroft Colliery mine.Our female teacher was married to some sort of supervisor there. Right up to the coal face, part way lying flat on a conveyor belt. We all went in full of bravado, and came out never wanting to go back in there ever again. Read into that what you will....
I had a similar experience with Farnworth
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:"A mine is a hole in the ground with a crook at the top and a fool at the bottom!"....Mark Twain?

I had a similar experience with Farnworth
:lol: