The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Prufrock » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:31 pm

Although I must say I generally consider these commercial April Fool's 'pranks' as more unforgivable corporate wackiness.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:57 am

I see that Farage and Clegg are slugging it out on the Beeb tonight.

What I fail to see is how come two relatively insignificant politicians having a row in front of a handpicked audience is of any great significance. :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:35 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I see that Farage and Clegg are slugging it out on the Beeb tonight.

What I fail to see is how come two relatively insignificant politicians having a row in front of a handpicked audience is of any great significance. :conf:
Makes me chuckle every time I hear someone say something similar. One of them is Deputy Prime Minister, which one would hope isn't an insignificant position, though I do agree that the current incumbent makes it so.

Anyway, back to the news. It looks like you've a bit of sand headed your way :mrgreen:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:38 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:I see that Farage and Clegg are slugging it out on the Beeb tonight.

Makes me chuckle every time I hear someone say something similar. One of them is Deputy Prime Minister, which one would hope isn't an insignificant position, though I do agree that the current incumbent makes it so.

Anyway, back to the news. It looks like you've a bit of sand headed your way :mrgreen:
Sand, phenolic stench, benzene, PM10s, and general airborne shite - it's not on its way, it's here. *cough, wheeze*
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:42 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Sand, phenolic stench, benzene, PM10s, and general airborne shite - it's not on its way, it's here. *cough, wheeze*
No doubt the Sarf East will grind to a halt and MPs will gather in front of cameras telling us it was the crapness of the current/past government to blame.

There has been hardly anything else on the news this morning. Rumour has it there was an earthquake somewhere unimportant and tsunami alerts and everything. Must be a rumour seeing as they've not mentioned it on the news :roll:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:55 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

No doubt the Sarf East will grind to a halt and MPs will gather in front of cameras telling us it was the crapness of the current/past government to blame.

There has been hardly anything else on the news this morning. Rumour has it there was an earthquake somewhere unimportant and tsunami alerts and everything. Must be a rumour seeing as they've not mentioned it on the news :roll:
I get it now, it's your sand isn't it? You've been driving one of them huge 4x4s around in circles knowing there was a bit of a south-easterly.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:03 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I get it now, it's your sand isn't it? You've been driving one of them huge 4x4s around in circles knowing there was a bit of a south-easterly.
Nowt to do with us this time. I'd have a word with them North Africans as it is the Sahara. I'm a bit pissed though, as I thought we'd had the last of the rain. I of course washed the 4x4 and it duly rained mud :evil:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:08 am

They've now got some bint showing us how dirty someone's car is in London. It had a very fine bit of dust on it. I'd estimate that about 80% of cars in the UK would be dirtier than this car at any time :roll: My car gets dirtier within about 3 hours of being washed.

They're discussing and reporting on this sand as much as the missing plane. It is redhiculous.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:10 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

I though the post of Deputy PM had been invented to make John Prescott feel better. Wiki tells me it totally wasn't. No idea where I've got that from!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:11 am

:conf:
Why would anyone want to make John Prescott feel better?
Businesswoman of the year.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:24 am

CrazyHorse wrote::conf:
+1

Though I fleetingly liked him when he punched that knob :lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:26 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
+1

The knob with the mullet? Usually I try and avoid the subject, but I got into politics then. :D (there's a few I'd like to nice person).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:33 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
+1

The knob with the mullet? Usually I try and avoid the subject, but I got into politics then. :D (there's a few I'd like to tw*t).
That's the fella :D

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:06 pm

The only reason they're doing these debates (two for god's sake) is that they both thought they could do with the publicity.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:04 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:They've now got some bint showing us how dirty someone's car is in London. It had a very fine bit of dust on it. I'd estimate that about 80% of cars in the UK would be dirtier than this car at any time :roll: My car gets dirtier within about 3 hours of being washed.

They're discussing and reporting on this sand as much as the missing plane. It is redhiculous.
#

News just cut to a guy somewhere in Essex who told us how he'd been speaking to members of the public, and getting their opinions. One said that she thought she could feel the extra pollution in the back of her throat. The other said he had thought he was suffering from hayfever, but now thought it might be the pollution. This is news?! 'Man mistakenly thought he had hayfever' is not fecking news.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Not only that Pru, they're banging on about it for hours on end. Sky are doing a special report at 16:30 :shock:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:49 pm

If its on the beeb you can bet your ass that it will be an audience skewed towards the Clegglet!
Nige will have his work cut out.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Hoboh wrote:

If its on the beeb you can bet your ass that it will be an audience skewed towards the Clegglet!
Nige will have his work cut out.
The line I read went something along the lines of 'A handpicked BBC audience, chosen to represent every sector of society'. I'm calling 'bullshit' good and early on that.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:27 pm

I really don't get the 'Lefty Liberal BBC' tag. The only thing I have ever noticed the Beeb to be is painfully, painfully, obsessed with being, sounding and looking neutral.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Prufrock wrote:I really don't get the 'Lefty Liberal BBC' tag. The only thing I have ever noticed the Beeb to be is painfully, painfully, obsessed with being, sounding and looking neutral.
The BBC were being hammered for being Tory biased on QT the other week.

Like you I think they remain neutral. Which of course the simpletons who read the Daily Mail and the Sun see as being "left wing".