What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you eating and drinking tonight?

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:35 pm

Aye, bloody awful when it smells like you're kissing a kipper. :|

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:07 pm

Silver wedding celebration at Retreat in Adlington tonight. Excellent food and atmosphere, pretty extensive menu and not massively expensive. Definitely recommend :pissed:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:00 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Silver wedding celebration at Retreat in Adlington tonight. Excellent food and atmosphere, pretty extensive menu and not massively expensive. Definitely recommend :pissed:
Sounds about right for your clan! :wink: Cogratulations!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:28 am

Can tell I don't live in the village anymore, where is this Retreat? I can take the old lady and save dosh on a taxi!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:07 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Silver wedding celebration at Retreat in Adlington tonight. Excellent food and atmosphere, pretty extensive menu and not massively expensive. Definitely recommend :pissed:
Sounds about right for your clan! :wink: Cogratulations!
:mrgreen: tw*t

Pru - it's what was shajus - used to be a church?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 am

first ever visit to Wagamamma's last night, peer pressured into it. never really into the oriental grub... now regretting not trying it a decade ago!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:16 am

Prufrock wrote:Can tell I don't live in the village anymore, where is this Retreat? I can take the old lady and save dosh on a taxi!
Village my arse. It's a small town. You sound like one of those whimsical c*nts from Little Lever. Of which, there was a tale in the Evening News last night about a Jewelers in Little Lever being robbed of all of its stock. Sum value £15K :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:24 am

We're booked Tattu in Spinningfields for a meal - anyone been? Is it any good?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:57 am

Worthy4England wrote:We're booked Tattu in Spinningfields for a meal - anyone been? Is it any good?
No, but I can heartily recommend Iberica in Spinningfields. :)
#
EDIT: Just had a look - looks magnificent!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Can tell I don't live in the village anymore, where is this Retreat? I can take the old lady and save dosh on a taxi!
Village my arse. It's a small town. You sound like one of those whimsical c*nts from Little Lever. Of which, there was a tale in the Evening News last night about a Jewelers in Little Lever being robbed of all of its stock. Sum value £15K :lol:
Hindley "Green" is the worst.

I'm not from Adlington really anyway, Heath Charnock don't-you-know.

Cheers HG, didn't even know Sharjus had gone! Not sure mother will venture down the bottom end though...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:57 pm

Dear God. I've booked me and my parents in for Christmas lunch at a gastro pub, you know, so none of us have to get stressed about it. "But it's £60 each, and do you get any veg with it as it doesn't say on the menu"? No, Mother, they're just going to feed you a plate of fecking turkey! :roll:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Dear God. I've booked me and my parents in for Christmas lunch at a gastro pub, you know, so none of us have to get stressed about it. "But it's £60 each, and do you get any veg with it as it doesn't say on the menu"? No, Mother, they're just going to feed you a plate of fecking turkey! :roll:
Tell her, you've got to bring your own!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:21 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Dear God. I've booked me and my parents in for Christmas lunch at a gastro pub, you know, so none of us have to get stressed about it. "But it's £60 each, and do you get any veg with it as it doesn't say on the menu"? No, Mother, they're just going to feed you a plate of fecking turkey! :roll:
She'll have had it on since last Tuesday, just in case. ;)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Not a fan of turkey anyhow personally. Don't really get it, it is just drier less tasty chicken. But have to eat it once a year without fail.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Not a fan of turkey anyhow personally. Don't really get it, it is just drier less tasty chicken. But have to eat it once a year without fail.
Not got enough bloody gravy on then, have you?!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:55 pm

Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Not got enough bloody gravy on then, have you?!
Can't help but agree with this. It should be swimming in the stuff. Then the leftovers into a Balti.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:43 pm

Christmas in the Twin household involves a large ribeye roast lobbed on the BBQ for a couple of hours. None of that turkey bollocks in my house.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:15 pm

The days of Uncle Scooge providing the traditional Christmas turkey as a festive bonus are well gone. That was all before turkey burgers and McDonalds and stuff.

Probably the worst Christmas Day meal I ever had was in a big hotel in Benidorm. You had to take the meal as part of the booking and when it came it was so disgusting we left as soon as was politely possible to our table companions and took off for an Italian restaurant down the street. Wife hates turkey anyway, so she had my roasties (both of them) and I ate her cardboard bird with some other nonsense made out of minced flip-flop and sangria corks. I love Spain and Spanish food, but that was a total disaster and turkey has never been the same..

ps: Daughter One is doing Christmas Dinner, and guess what's on the menu? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:22 pm

One of the things that I remember from my ill-advised trip to Benidorm some 30 years ago, Tango, is that you couldn't buy Spanish food if your life depended on it. All photographs of pork chops with chips and chalkboards advertising traditional Sunday roasts. Awful place.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:One of the things that I remember from my ill-advised trip to Benidorm some 30 years ago, Tango, is that you couldn't buy Spanish food if your life depended on it. All photographs of pork chops with chips and chalkboards advertising traditional Sunday roasts. Awful place.
Christmas was just a change from the norm but Benidorm's not a place I'd go on holiday to, that's for sure. Blackpool with sunshine and no decent fish and chips.......
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?