The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 15, 2014 10:52 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Who were these people? Genuine q. I'd expect that from the bonkers folk, but as I say, they weren't really what I was getting at. I mean, if it's Anjem Choudhry I wasn't really worried what he thought anyway!
I cannot remember. But why does that matter? We aren't talking Islamists or Fundamentalists here. We are talking nations that are part of the UN. Pakistan, Sudan, Iran, Saudia Arabia, Egypt, and Somalia (when it existed as a state) all put to death (mostly women) apostates from Islam. This is f*ckin' disgusting.
My problem with this is when Ali talks about it she is represented by the intelligentsia amongst my compadres as a right on black Muslim woman. Me on the other hand am a racist nazi white tw*t. And yet we're arguing the same point!

It matters because the 'debate' I was on about wasn't being conducted by nutters. If someone thinks it is anything other than abhorrent to put to death a woman for apostacy then I'm not really going to be that bothered what they have to say on Ali. My point was I was surprised, given her reputation from people who have slagged her off for other things she has said (none of the articles I read criticising her recently were criticising her for her opposition to such hangings) to find how non 'crazy shouty lady' she seemed.
And as I pointed out, and you conveniently bypassed, this is not an argument conducted by nutters. It is LAW and has actually been carried out by NATIONS
Saudi fecking Arabia, Iran, Somalia, Pakistan and others have actually executed people for this 'OFFENCE'

If you want an argument about hanging people for apostacy, it's going to be a short one, because I agree with you, it's bollocks. As far as I can see, everyone agrees with you apart from a stranger in a sandwich shop and some people on a TV debate. I don't think I know anyone who would say hanging for apostacy is anything short of horrific and wrong.

I haven't bypassed what you said, I've just been pointing out what I was going on about, before you mentioned this hanging business. My point was that I was surprised how reasonable Ali seemed given her reputation. When talking about her reputation, I was talking about her reputation amongst the Sudanese govt. I wouldn't take a blind bit of notice of what they said about her, and so wouldn't be surprised either way. I was talking about her reputation amongst liberals and moderates over here, who described her in terms usually reserved for the Chodhurys and Robinsons of the world. She didn't come across as anything like the firebrand I was expecting.
I could try and pep up the debate a bit, if you want? :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 15, 2014 10:56 pm

You bloody racist nazi white tw*t!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 15, 2014 11:01 pm

I'm off for a ham sandwich.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 15, 2014 11:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I'm off for a ham sandwich.
I'd ask for an agnostic sausage sarnie if I were you, you argumentative c*nt. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I'm off for a ham sandwich.
I'd ask for an agnostic sausage sarnie if I were you, you argumentative c*nt. ;)
:lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 16, 2014 7:56 am

I could start an argument in Waitroses. (debates, on the other hand...)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 16, 2014 5:03 pm

Holy shitsnacks. Yeah, I'm voting UKIP.

Belgium: EU politicians in rap battle for youth vote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-fr ... e-26972365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What. The. F*ck.

How does this shit happen, who are these people, HOW?!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat May 17, 2014 1:41 am

I want to see one between Cameron and Milliband.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon May 19, 2014 10:52 am

the national front demonstrated in bolton at teh weekend? :/

http://www.britishnationalfront.net/bol ... hdemo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 19, 2014 10:58 am

KeyserSoze wrote:the national front demonstrated in bolton at teh weekend? :/

http://www.britishnationalfront.net/bol ... hdemo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Was that on Saturday? Only, I walked through the town hall square on Saturday morning and there were a load of kids games going on. That'll be just what they needed then, that lot turning up.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon May 19, 2014 11:01 am

apparently, though can't get any confirmation from anywhere else.

really do need knocking on the head, that lot.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon May 19, 2014 12:59 pm

I'm no UKIP fan but you cant get away from them at the moment. The amount of negative coverage they're getting, whilst deserved imo, does seem to me like the state machinery rolling into action to protect the status quo.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 19, 2014 1:05 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I'm no UKIP fan but you cant get away from them at the moment. The amount of negative coverage they're getting, whilst deserved imo, does seem to me like the state machinery rolling into action to protect the status quo.
Well he hardly came out of this smelling of roses, the lad Farridge;

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05 ... _hp_ref=uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon May 19, 2014 1:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:I'm no UKIP fan but you cant get away from them at the moment. The amount of negative coverage they're getting, whilst deserved imo, does seem to me like the state machinery rolling into action to protect the status quo.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05 ... _hp_ref=uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh aye, the guys a grade A knob but they seem to be getting an inordinate amount of attention for such a small party, and most of what I've seen has been really negative. Perhaps it's a conspiracy theory too far, but it does feel like a closing of ranks between the media & the main parties to paint them in as unfavourable light as possible
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon May 19, 2014 1:14 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Oh aye, the guys a grade A knob but they seem to be getting an inordinate amount of attention for such a small party, and most of what I've seen has been really negative. Perhaps it's a conspiracy theory too far, but it does feel like a closing of ranks between the media & the main parties to paint them in as unfavourable light as possible
indeed... and i suspect that what the tory/lab/lib media machine pumps out against UKIP will have the opposite effect - because (not surprisingly) UKIP supporters are swivel-eyed loons - and what the tory/lib/lab media machine THINKS is a devastating attack on UKIP actually seems quite attractive to UKIP supporters!

media machine: "UKIP candidate thinks women are sluts who should stay at home and cook dinner and do as they are told!"

tory/lib/lab supporters: "Oooh goodie - what a devastating blow - this will end UKIP support"

UKIP voter: "fab!! where do i sign?"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 19, 2014 1:17 pm

I'm not sure it's the 'state machinery' though, is it?

But agreed that the coverage is counter-productive. The person to have been on QT more times over the last (I think it's two years) than anyone else but Dimbleby is the leader of a party with no MPs.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 19, 2014 1:27 pm

I find it quite entertaining actually watching all the bullies lining up to bash the new kid in town, then suddenly becoming reasonable as judgement day closes in!
The one question you should be asking is;
Will any of the mainstreams well tried tested and mostly failed, do anything to help the whole of the country improve or are you satisfied with more of the same?
Do you want to be able to make the big decisions about your future or are you happy to let people of foreign lands do it for you?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 19, 2014 1:32 pm

Bullies? Lol.

Say this on Twitter today: "Hey, Nige? If it's ok to say Romanians are "more likely" to be criminals, is it also okay to say Ukippers are "more likely" to be racist?".

Quite.

This is from the same category, it's not convincing any UKIPers, but it's pretty good fun to see him being taken apart:

EDIT: Just seen this is the video Brucie linked to!
Last edited by Prufrock on Mon May 19, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 19, 2014 1:32 pm

thebish wrote:
indeed... and i suspect that what the tory/lab/lib media machine pumps out against UKIP will have the opposite effect - because (not surprisingly) UKIP supporters are swivel-eyed loons - and what the tory/lib/lab media machine THINKS is a devastating attack on UKIP actually seems quite attractive to UKIP supporters!

media machine: "UKIP candidate thinks women are sluts who should stay at home and cook dinner and do as they are told!"

tory/lib/lab supporters: "Oooh goodie - what a devastating blow - this will end UKIP support"

UKIP voter: "fab!! where do i sign?"
Equally Farage treads the line of acceptability deliberately fine.

He does it for the very reason that it provokes the sort of response he gets.

At which point he can do his whole "I'm not racist, I'm just protecting our country blah blah" speech and the swivel eyed loons think "what a nice man".

It is a clever tactic.

The worrying thing is so few have exposed his intelorance, racism and double standards as well as that interview Bruce linked. If a few more did then UKIP would sink without a trace.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 19, 2014 2:11 pm

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2014/05/18/nig ... -his-head/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;