Garth Crooks asks the tough questions!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Garth Crooks asks the tough questions!

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:51 am

Last night McClaren said he'd 'analyse the performance'. I can do that for you - do you want it in one word or two?

Kevin Davies is not international class BUT if we are going to play a big boot then he's the best man for the job.

The musical chairs that every substitution creates is a joke.

In what other country would Joey Barton be an international? But if he is going to play why only bring him on for 10 minutes.

At least they sold a lot of new shirts.

McClaren out.

tc
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:55 am

All of which has exactly 'what' to do with BWFC? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:01 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:All of which has exactly 'what' to do with BWFC? :conf:
I guess with Coffeemagic being new to the boards he may not know that we have different 'headings' and that this thread would probably be better in the 'General Banter and other footy' Section.

Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning Bruce? :wink:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:54 am

sluffy wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:All of which has exactly 'what' to do with BWFC? :conf:
I guess with Coffeemagic being new to the boards he may not know that we have different 'headings' and that this thread would probably be better in the 'General Banter and other footy' Section.

Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning Bruce? :wink:
Those who've been on the board a long time sometimes fail to realise how unwelcoming to newcomers we can be. It makes me cringe somtimes.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:03 am

we're not particularly welcoming to each other!

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Garth Crooks asks the tough questions!

Post by Nozza » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:07 am

coffeymagic wrote:Last night McClaren said he'd 'analyse the performance'. I can do that for you - do you want it in one word or two?

Kevin Davies is not international class BUT if we are going to play a big boot then he's the best man for the job.

The musical chairs that every substitution creates is a joke.

In what other country would Joey Barton be an international? But if he is going to play why only bring him on for 10 minutes.

At least they sold a lot of new shirts.

McClaren out.

tc
Ireland, Scotland, Wales, USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Spain, Serbia...etc...

Joey Barton fully deserves his England call-up. First of many I hope.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:44 am

communistworkethic wrote:we're not particularly welcoming to each other!
Yes, but we've got used to it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:36 am

bobo the clown wrote: Those who've been on the board a long time sometimes fail to realise how unwelcoming to newcomers we can be. It makes me cringe somtimes.
My apologies. I hadn't looked at who'd posted it. :oops:
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:26 am

Joey Barton is a very good player and fully warrants his place in the side, his cameo apperance did him no harm whatsoever and he came out with a lot of credibility

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:51 am

boltonboris wrote:Joey Barton is a very good player and fully warrants his place in the side, his cameo apperance did him no harm whatsoever and he came out with a lot of credibility
His comments regarding Gerrard and Lampards "auto"biographies gave him a lot of credibility too.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:05 pm

Lennon wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Joey Barton is a very good player and fully warrants his place in the side, his cameo apperance did him no harm whatsoever and he came out with a lot of credibility
His comments regarding Gerrard and Lampards "auto"biographies gave him a lot of credibility too.
Aye, an' it was all true an'all!

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:06 pm

I'm not sure JB is good enough for England BUT if SM thinks he is then why only send him on for the last 10?

To me he gives away too many unnessary free kicks, but then again so does Rio Ferdinand and he's 'the worlds best defender' or summat.

To me McClaren is giving these players a run out to please the papers but he won't give them a proper chance (see Andy Johnson on the wing) because he's been brainwashed by SGE.

Sorry about talking about the national side on a BWFC board. I thought it'd be ok.

Can I talk about Anna Nicole Smith on here?

McClaren out.

tc
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:39 pm

coffeymagic wrote:I'm not sure JB is good enough for England BUT if SM thinks he is then why only send him on for the last 10?
To me he gives away too many unnessary free kicks, but then again so does Rio Ferdinand and he's 'the worlds best defender' or summat.

To me McClaren is giving these players a run out to please the papers but he won't give them a proper chance (see Andy Johnson on the wing) because he's been brainwashed by SGE.

Sorry about talking about the national side on a BWFC board. I thought it'd be ok.

McClaren out.

tc
Gerrard and Lampard told him to!!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:49 pm

coffeymagic wrote:Can I talk about Anna Nicole Smith on here?
tc
You can ... but in this thread, already begun ...

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/vi ... hp?t=10560

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:25 pm

coffeymagic wrote: To me McClaren is giving these players a run out to please the papers but he won't give them a proper chance (see Andy Johnson on the wing) because he's been brainwashed by SGE.
A lot of people are saying that

i agree too

wish the papers would leave off him half the time, but i do think he is sh*t

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:48 pm

The cosiness of the press annoys me too. Steevie G has taken over the Beckham role of saying 'Well obviously we didn't play well tonight but it's only a friendly, the important thing is qualification and then we can start to play our game.'

Then when it comes to the tournaments it's 'Well the important thing is to get through to the knock out stages and then we can play well.'

Well we've been hearing the same old claptrap for years now. It's about time someone asked these wankers when we're going to get this 'good' (I'm not even asking from great) England performance.

A group of out of touch ex-pros all frightened to death of offending someone at the FA and not getting an invite to the next free lunch. With Turnip Taylor lending his vast experience to it all what chance have we got?

The only England game I can think of that I've actually enjoyed was the Holland 4-1.

That's the way to play.

They don't like it up em

tc

twitter @thetonycoffey

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:50 pm

coffeymagic wrote:I'm not sure JB is good enough for England BUT if SM thinks he is then why only send him on for the last 10?

McClaren out.

tc
say what you want as long as you continue to use full stops the correct way - or batty will be round

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:53 pm

Hope everyone realises we are going to struggle to qualify. We'll struggle in Russia and Israel without question.

It's going to be comedy.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:54 pm

Athers wrote:Hope everyone realises we are going to struggle to qualify. We'll struggle in Russia and Israel without question.

It's going to be comedy.
Not for me mate, I'm proud to support my country and I'll be gutted nay horrified if we fail to qualify

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:39 pm

Boltonboris.

Is the way we play important to you? To me I'm more interested to see England give it a go and lose rather than sling the ball up field for 90 minutes and scrape a 1-0.

There seems to be a theory that you can't play good football and win games. I say you can.

Instead of showing Beckham's goal v Greece over and over again the telly should be showing 'can we not knock it?', 'I'm a metre!', 'Do I not like that!' etc etc that'd rmind everyone how far you get employing half wits as national manager.

Am I the only one still fuming? It might be because I live up here.

I should let it go.

tc

twitter @thetonycoffey