Anyone been to BCFC?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Anyone been to BCFC?

Post by Nozza » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:39 pm

I might be making the trip down to Brum tomorrow - more than likely via coach. Seeing as the last time I went to St. Andrews I was a wee nipper and not of legal age to drink, it was straight to the ground. So, is there any decent pubs around the ground?

Thanks in advance.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:40 pm

nice knowing you :mrgreen:

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:41 pm

I'll be fine. I've survived Leeds 3 times. 8)
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:50 pm

I've got you in my accumulator so don't let me down.

Look, it's the midlands - go, watch, get out asap. Seriously.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:27 pm

Basically, no, Hoolio. St Andrews stands upon a pimple on the arsehole of Britain. Get a beer inside the ground. They've got catering vans on the tarmac beneath the stand, and a bar once you get up the steps on the way to your seat. Brum also use beer dispensing taps that poor six pints at a time, they also have plenty poured pre half time. :drink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:42 pm

Batman wrote:I've got you in my accumulator so don't let me down.

Look, it's the midlands - go, watch, get out asap. Seriously.
Playing a VERY risky game there Batty, I wouldn't advise on anyone betting FOR Sunderland over the next 3 games.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:44 pm

I think your current form bodes well pal.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:46 pm

I'd have thought that the Mackems will be chuffed with a point, missen!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'd have thought that the Mackems will be chuffed with a point, missen!
I will be!
Batman wrote:I think your current form bodes well pal.
We're Sunderland - we draw at OT then get humped 4-1 at home. We don't do comfortable. Next 3 games, we play the top 3. 2 away, one home. 5 points and I will be over the moon.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:59 pm

Don't give a toss about the next 3, I'm only interested in tomorra, then I can go back to laughing at your plight........big club indeed! :lol:

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:06 pm

Batman wrote:Don't give a toss about the next 3, I'm only interested in tomorra, then I can go back to laughing at your plight........big club indeed! :lol:
We're not, though? :|

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:15 pm

I just like seeing bigger clubs at lower levels.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:17 pm

We are where we deserve to be. We're no bigger than anyone else in the CCC. Don't believe the hype. Only a small minority of fans believe we're big. Sadly, most of those made their precense felt on here around the time of Big Sam "rumours"

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:19 pm

Fair enough. You are where you deserve to be.......................................

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:23 pm

Batman wrote:Fair enough. You are where you deserve to be.......................................
:|

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:27 pm

Aye how dare I concur :D

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Anyone been to BCFC?

Post by Muse » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:38 am

Hoolio wrote:I might be making the trip down to Brum tomorrow - more than likely via coach. Seeing as the last time I went to St. Andrews I was a wee nipper and not of legal age to drink, it was straight to the ground. So, is there any decent pubs around the ground?

Thanks in advance.
I haven't been living here long and I have only been to the ground once (preston vs birmingham earlier this season) and didn't get a drink as the que was far to long. but for pre/post match drinking your best bet may be to get a train to newstreet station and walk to the ground from there its not overly far and theres plenty of pubs on the way. This is probably of no help if you get the coach but its an option.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:24 am

I wouldn't risk my life trying to get a pint near the ground with your accent, Hoolio. There are some seriously inbred Bluenoses walking the earth.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:43 am

went for a couple of beers in a semi decent pub going into the city centre last season, had a few blues fans in but was friendly, can't remember what it was called though so i'm of no use

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:50 am

This might help you Hoolio -

Where To Eat & Drink?

The pubs near to the ground can be quite intimidating for away supporters and are not recommended. Best to drink in the city centre and get a taxi to the ground (about £5). If you are walking to the ground from the city centre, then you may care to stop at the Anchor Pub on Bradford Street, renowned for its range of real ales on offer, and named Birmingham 'CAMRA Pub Of The Year' on more than one occasion. Although there are a number of Blues fans that frequent the pub they tend to be of the CAMRA bearded variety and therefore as long as you don't turn up mobbed handed, you should be okay. The pub is situated just behind Digbeth coach station. Otherwise alcohol is served within the ground.

Just across the road from the entrance to the away section is a Woolworths outlet which inside has a reasonably priced cafe. There is also a McDonalds a short walk away, going back towards the city centre.

If you coming by train, or decide to drink in the city centre beforehand, then if you like your real ale, then you can't do much better than visit the Wellington Pub on Bennetts Hill. With 15 real ales on tap, including 12 guest ales, this is somewhat of a mecca for real ale drinkers. In 2005 alone, the pub served over 2,600 different beers! To find this pub, then assuming that you are coming into New Street Station by train, then as you come onto the passenger concourse at the station, so straight up the escalators in front of you. At the top of the escalators turn left and then proceed towards the 'Foot Locker' outlet. Turn left at this store and then right and proceed down the ramp past McDonalds. At the bottom of the ramp turn left into New Street and walk along the pedestrian area. Bennetts Hill is the fourth turning on the right (there is a Barclays Bank is on the corner). The Wellington pub is about two thirds of the way up Bennetts Hill on the right hand side. There is also a handy Wetherspoons outlet called the Briar Rose (which is no smoking) on Bennetts Hill as well. The Wellington does not provide food, but has no objections to you bringing in your own. There are a couple of taxi ranks nearby that you can use if you wish to get you to the ground.

http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/