Jesus tomb found!!!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Jesus tomb found!!!

Post by sluffy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:03 pm

:shock:

Jesus had a son named Judah and was buried alongside Mary Magdalene, according to a new documentary by Hollywood film director James Cameron.

It examines a tomb found near Jerusalem in 1980 which the film-makers say belonged to Jesus and his family.

The Oscar-winning director of Titanic says statistical analysis and DNA back the claim.

Archaeologists say that the burial cave is probably that of a Jewish family with similar names to that of Jesus.

Israeli construction workers building an apartment complex in Jerusalem's East Talpiot district first uncovered 10 2,000-year-old ossuaries - or limestone coffins - in a tomb in March 1980.

According to the Israel Antiquities Authority, six of those coffins were marked with the names Mary; Matthew; Jesua son of Joseph; Mary; Jofa (Joseph, Jesus' brother); and Judah son of Jesua.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 397373.stm

I like this quote though -

Local residents said they were pleased with the attention the tomb has drawn.

"It will mean our house prices will go up because Christians will want to live here," one woman said.

She is probably right too!!!
Last edited by sluffy on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:04 pm

Christ!

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:02 pm

Ohhhhhh Jesus's tome found!

I was just going to say, what's so special about that, Lara finds them all the time.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:04 pm

Oh goody, another long-running battle with Commie. :mrgreen:

This very plot was covered in a film a few years ago. "The Body" with Antonio Banderas. Quite a decent film actually. Won't tell you the ending; see it for yourselves.

We have one of these "revelations about every ten years. Won't upturn the Christian faith overnight, much as some would like it to.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:05 pm

I don't understand the house prices bit - why would Christians want to be associated with this story?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:07 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I don't understand the house prices bit - why would Christians want to be associated with this story?
Wasn't Christians who said they would, it was the local residents who might be any religeon.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:10 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I don't understand the house prices bit - why would Christians want to be associated with this story?
Wasn't Christians who said they would, it was the local residents who might be any religeon.
Well I suppose that's what I'm saying - I don't understand the logic of the local resident whom they spoke to.

"It will mean our house prices will go up because Christians will want to live here," one woman said.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:25 pm

The long running religious (ie Jesus) debate has always centred around dispelling the validity of the Resurection from the dead. If someone could prove Jesus's body is still around (they think) this would automatically mean that it didn't occur as the Bible states. This does not necessarily follow as the body seperates from the spirit at death. It is quite possible that being re-united with one's body on the last day is a hypothetical term and means we may assume the form we had in life without actually re-creating ourselves physically (ie, with bones and ashes). Once again a "man" interpretation of things.

A mass invasion of Google now ensues to prove this wrong. :mrgreen:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:27 pm

Errr, far be it for me or anyone to reinforce the Jewish stereotype here, but............. :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Errr, far be it for me or anyone to reinforce the Jewish stereotype here, but............. :shock:
Remember the Persian mummy a few years ago. Discovery of a lifetime. Proved to be all of five years old eventually.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:37 pm

Just out of curiosity, where would they get Jesus's DNA to make comparisons (or God's for that matter).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:39 pm

They took a mosquito, which was stuck in amber, and extracted the blood from it's sucker (which naturally had fed upon the Son of God, and then spliced this with frog DNA to make dinosaurs!

Shit, wrong example........

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:40 pm

Taken from another article on the subject:

"But there is one wrinkle that is not examined in the documentary, one that emerged in a Jerusalem courtroom just weeks ago at the fraud trial of James ossuary owner Oded Golan, charged with forging part of the inscription on the box.

Former FBI agent Gerald Richard testified that a photo of the James ossuary, showing it in Golan's home, was taken in the 1970s, based on tests done by the FBI photo lab.

Jacobovici concedes in an interview that if the ossuary was photographed in the 1970s, it could not then have been found in a tomb in 1980. But while he does not address the conundrum in the documentary, he said in an interview that it's possible Golan's photo was printed on old paper in the1980s."

Next?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:44 pm

TANGODANCER wrote: Remember the Persian mummy a few years ago. Discovery of a lifetime. Proved to be all of five years old eventually.
I seem to recall that it turned out that the Turin Shroud was in actual fact no older than Batty's bedsheets, either. :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: Remember the Persian mummy a few years ago. Discovery of a lifetime. Proved to be all of five years old eventually.
I seem to recall that it turned out that the Turin Shroud was in actual fact no older than Batty's bedsheets, either. :?
Or as crispy!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:46 pm

My faith in a higher power (Christian God) would not be shaken by this if it was true. I am fairly postive there were things left out of the Bible on purpose. Doesnt mean it's all worthless, just that man played a hand in getting it out to people.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Still unproven speculation. They're still arguing about it. . Personally I remain on the fence on that one. There is a lot of speculation (that history and common sense might back up) that France had a lot to do with that one. Read "The Second Messiah" by Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas. Tie that up with the history of the Templars and you'll see what I mean.

There are still theories coming out about the pyramids. Proving them is a totally different matter

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Nowt wrong with my BWFC covers mate

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:01 pm

Batman wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Nowt wrong with my BWFC covers mate
Hmmm - I sense an anachronism here. The Shroud is known to have been around in about 1350 whereas BWFC was a C19th concept. I guess Batty put the logo on afterwards...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.