Hi I'm 12 and I'm fecking brillinat!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

gaiser
Promising
Promising

Hi I'm 12 and I'm fecking brillinat!

Post by gaiser » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:40 pm

gaiser
Promising
Promising

Post by gaiser » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:42 pm

Thread title: or perhaps BRILLIANT! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:27 pm

Talented though the boy may be, I find few things more tedious than drum solos.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:37 pm

Tony's amazing, I think he's about 21-24 now.

Unbelievable. If we're talking drummers i must doff my cap to my favourite trio, John Bonham, Stewart Copeland and Danny Carey.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:45 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:Tony's amazing, I think he's about 21-24 now.

Unbelievable. If we're talking drummers i must doff my cap to my favourite trio, John Bonham, Stewart Copeland and Danny Carey.
Had a sneaky feeling that you might turn up! :D

My all-time favourite drummers are Mark Brzezicki and the dearly departed Martin Gilks, both of whom have/had wonderful, idiosyncratic styles and formidable timing.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:17 pm

sadly there are no videos of Mark on Drummer World : http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Ma ... zicki.html

other favourites of mine (of course there had to be more) are:
Jaki from Can (although my favourite video of him is no longer on youtube :( )

Bill Bruford (mostly for the King Crimson work although mentions must go out to Yes) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWG8uKaFyfA

John Stanier from Helmet and now Battles - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnNHdME-eH0 (you might not like the music but he's tight as a bloody bastard and he right nice people em too - not sure about the cymbal placement though....)

Dave Grohl - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW2AKkwJb_c

absolute BEAST. I don't wear gloves though, so i'm better by default.

I'm off to Boston on Tuesday to record our album, if ever i need inspiration i just look to YouTube. haha.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:55 pm

THREAD HIJACK!!!

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:10 pm

MAJOR nice person!!!

Who are your favourite musicians Daxter? Can you play an instrument? Could you play it like Tony could play his aged 12?

Let's get involved.

Luna
Promising
Promising

Post by Luna » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:53 pm

I believe his favourite instrument is "da decks".

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:59 pm

Ha, Ha, just because someone is 16 you presume them to be a chav? What a sweeping generalization( and a rather insulting one might i add). Let me assure you, I hate 'chav's and would gladly round them up and run them over with a bus.

Dr.Hotdog - no need to call me a nice person. I did not insult you. I made a light hearted comment that the thread had been hijacked. Some people are so miserable on here is is shocking.

I am not at all knowledgeable on the subject you are speaking about so I will leave the thread as to escape more stereotypical bullshit.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:42 am

The thread is about a young drumming prodigy. I merely added to the thread by highlighting some of my favourite drummers, being a drummer myself i find it all very interesting and i like sharing my knowledge and experiences with others.

Hijacked much?

And i'm not miserable, indeed I couldn't be much happier currently, i just felt like calling you a nice person for being one.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:06 am

Meh, i'm not huge on drum solos, it does all seem rather uninteresting. Though the rightbit of drumming integrated into a song can be awesome though. I love the drumming in GN'R's 'Mr Brownstone'.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:14 am

Chad Sexton, the guy from DMB, and Dave Abruzesse. That's my personal trio.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:50 am

There's only one. Gene Krupa! Tell 'em TD! :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:38 am

Mike Joyce?

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:33 am

daxter15 wrote:Ha, Ha, just because someone is 16 you presume them to be a chav? What a sweeping generalization( and a rather insulting one might i add). Let me assure you, I hate 'chav's and would gladly round them up and run them over with a bus.

Dr.Hotdog - no need to call me a tw*t. I did not insult you. I made a light hearted comment that the thread had been hijacked. Some people are so miserable on here is is shocking.

I am not at all knowledgeable on the subject you are speaking about so I will leave the thread as to escape more stereotypical bullshit.

No-one said you were a Chav. I can only assume that you have gained that comment from the "da decks" comment. Decks are used in all kinds of music, and not for 'scratching' and 'mixing' dance music. There's no sweeping generalisation there. Don't be so paranoid.

Most threads get hijacked. This banter thingy is amazing. Can you tell me when you're in the youth club with your marras the conversation doesn't change as soon as someone says something different?

Just cos you're not knowledgable on the subject of drums doesn't mean you can't take part in the thread. I don't know about Bolton, but I try and add my opinion as an 'outsider'. And again, there's been no stereotyping, it's your paranoia.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:35 am

Can we have the old Hoolio back please, the one who just talks bollocks? Not sure I'm comfortable with the one who talks sense.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:34 pm

Actually totally didn't click what the thread was about. Sorry. Although hardly justified being called a nice person.

Luna
Promising
Promising

Post by Luna » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:16 pm

daxter15 wrote:Ha, Ha, just because someone is 16 you presume them to be a chav? What a sweeping generalization( and a rather insulting one might i add). Let me assure you, I hate 'chav's and would gladly round them up and run them over with a bus.
If this was aimed at me, I'm sure you'll find comfort in knowing im 15.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:00 pm

This could have been a good thread. oh well.