The TW Open 2007

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

do we want another TW Open?

yes
30%
no
5%
don't care
14%
golf is for fat middle aged men with awful jumpers and faggots (the Cowdrill option)
51%

Total votes: 37

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

The TW Open 2007

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:58 pm

OK chaps and chapesses, after last year's event I am asking if we want to do this again. I'm not necessarily keen to organise it but I will provide some prizes again.

Gertie - we don't want any excuses this year!

Not sure about the venue or date but just want to know if this is feasible and potential numbers.

BTW If anyone wants to play but doesn't have clubs, I have two sets for sale ( Yes Bruce I've bought even more stuff!), feel free to PM me for details.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:04 pm

I'm desperately trying not to play golf this year as i'm buying a house and don't wanna be like my mate last year who had 3 balls to last him a round and lost them all on the first hole.

i'll attend whether as caddy or contender. i would want to look at some rules for entering the competition, preferably ones that exclude scouse bandits :D

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:14 pm

come on Ginge, there may even be some free balls this year (quality unknown at this time but don't expect Pro V1-x!!)

Oh and yes there will be some stringent handicap assessment this year - including my own before anyone chirps up!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:17 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:I'm desperately trying not to play golf this year as i'm buying a house and don't wanna be like my mate last year who had 3 balls to last him a round and lost them all on the first hole.

i'll attend whether as caddy or contender. i would want to look at some rules for entering the competition, preferably ones that exclude scouse bandits :D
He wants to call himself "The incredible tri-nadsy" and join a circus.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:37 pm

Going into practise right away. Don't expect me to be as easy-meat as last year. (which was good fun regardless) :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:38 pm

In!

I now have the most hideous golf kit to treat you to after last week's outing for the Cambridge second team against Oxford...

Last edited by mummywhycantieatcrayons on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:46 pm

You put this up 10 seconds after I choose my caption picture???!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if I'm in Commie, I'm rubbish and not played since last September at the 9-hole Haigh Hall course I think I cried as well :(
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:50 pm

Gertie wrote:You put this up 10 seconds after I choose my caption picture???!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if I'm in Commie, I'm rubbish and not played since last September at the 9-hole Haigh Hall course I think I cried as well :(
well you now I'm always happy to help you with your swinging :wink:

Then after we've played a round, I'll show you how I like to sink a long one.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:59 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:In!

I now have the most hideous golf kit to treat you to after last week's outing for the Cambridge second team against Oxford...

Presumably this outfit is why you only play golf at night.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:03 pm

It's got to be said, what a bunch of nice people you all look. Setting golf back 20 years :roll:

Even I'm considering that last option now. What wankers you all look, who thought up that ensemble? Stevie Wonder?

And why did they let you stand on a box? Or is it forced perspective like in LOTR?

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:04 pm

communistworkethic wrote:come on Ginge, there may even be some free balls this year (quality unknown at this time but don't expect Pro V1-x!!)

Oh and yes there will be some stringent handicap assessment this year - including my own before anyone chirps up!
for the record we were a hole and a bit behind commie until the 10th, where we bumped into him on the tee. commie states that he's having a "mare" or words to that effect...

then he nice people the ball within 40 yards of the hole

yes, we'll have a look at your handicap :D

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:06 pm

I'll get warmed-up

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:13 pm

communistworkethic wrote:It's got to be said, what a bunch of tw*ts you all look. Setting golf back 20 years :roll:

Even I'm considering that last option now. What wankers you all look, who thought up that ensemble? Stevie Wonder?

And why did they let you stand on a box? Or is it forced perspective like in LOTR?
Nah, you only look like a nice person if you dress like that and lose! :D

It was our captain's decision to go for the retro Ryder Cup look - good for team spirit or something.....

And for feck's sake, I'm 5'10" and hit the ball about 100 yards further than you, so pipe down.... :roll:
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:14 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:It's got to be said, what a bunch of tw*ts you all look. Setting golf back 20 years :roll:

Nah, you only look like a tw*t if you dress like that and lose! :D

It was our captain's decision to go for the retro Ryder Cup look - good for team spirit or something.....

And for feck's sake, I'm 5'10" and hit the ball about 100 yards further than you, so pipe down.... :roll:
ROFL & PMSL As if!!!

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:27 pm

:lmfao:
Smarties have answers.....

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:29 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:

Nah, you only look like a tw*t if you dress like that and lose! :D

ROFL & PMSL As if!!!

Ok, a little wager then?

Before the start of the TW Open, a long drive contest, £2 for every yard I hit it past you, likewise if you hit it past me?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:40 pm

haha - you play what a few times a week? while I have a job and would be lucky to get to the range once a week, so on the basis of accuracy you'd have an advantage but I don't recall you being as close to the flag as me on the 10th.

and 100 yards further? Yeah you crashed those drives 350-380 yards every hole :roll:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:43 pm

While the childish bickering subsides, I'd be up for this again this year, and would contribute what I could do organisation or prizes or whatever needs doing (he says, safe in the knowledge that his local knowledge of Bolton and its golf courses is such that I'd be about as much use as a chocolate teapot :wink2: :D)

After all, I've got two trophies to defend, haven't I?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:45 pm

communistworkethic wrote:haha - you play what a few times a week? while I have a job and would be lucky to get to the range once a week, so on the basis of accuracy you'd have an advantage but I don't recall you being as close to the flag as me on the 10th.

and 100 yards further? Yeah you crashed those drives 350-380 yards every hole :roll:
:D

Who said it had to be accurate? It can be 'yards from the point of strike' not 'in a straight line' if you want? And with me being a midget and all, surely it's easy money?

Anyway, I'm joking, of course. When were you thinking of playing? Fancy it in the next month?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:58 pm

next month is probably out for me, as I've got too much on and am training for my Reebok footy match, I'm thinking May when the weather picks up - a day paddling at Haigh Hall and another trying not to be blown away at Heaton Park has put me right off bad weather golf.

Plus I need time to get used to me new bats that I bought on Saturday.