Weekend Leisure

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Weekend Leisure

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:03 pm

Asked the wife what was on for tomorrow morning. Wish I hadn't bothered. Her reply: "I've ordered a skip" When asked what for she replied: "To get rid of all that stuff in the garage that's going to "Come in handy for something"

She wants to throw away all the pieces of timber, half-filled paint pots, old cupboards, bits of shelf and all the other useful items that might "Come in handy for something". Now I don't mind the old fridge and two gazebo frames, cardboard boxes etc, but there are limits. The bad news is I'll be able to get at my mobile gym again by Sunday. Women should leave these things to men. They are bloody merciless when they get on a roll. Think I'll be ill.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Weekend Leisure

Post by malcd1 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:22 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Asked the wife what was on for tomorrow morning. Wish I hadn't bothered. Her reply: "I've ordered a skip" When asked what for she replied: "To get rid of all that stuff in the garage that's going to "Come in handy for something"

She wants to throw away all the pieces of timber, half-filled paint pots, old cupboards, bits of shelf and all the other useful items that might "Come in handy for something". Now I don't mind the old fridge and two gazebo frames, cardboard boxes etc, but there are limits. The bad news is I'll be able to get at my mobile gym again by Sunday. Women should leave these things to men. They are bloody merciless when they get on a roll. Think I'll be ill.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Weekend Leisure

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:36 pm

malcd1 wrote:
What ever you do Tango don't say you're ill. She throw away all the good things you have too.
I know, it was wishful thinking. I straighten bent nails so she'll have a bloody field day. We've had four skips in the last two years. Fast as she empties the place I fill it again. Sh'e looking longingly at lawn mowers and stuff because we've had two hours sunshine this week. Ah well, I won't miss the match skip or no skip.

"What's that you say Skippy, Neil Warnock fell down the old mine shaft?" :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:44 pm

'Struth, TANGO, you cannot throw out timber. Tell Mrs T the price of the stuff - she'll soon see reason. The paint cans and general detritus I can understand as I've been guilty of hoarding that sort of stuff myself and it's rare to open an old can and find it usable.

Good luck. I recently loaded up a six cubic metre skip bin with no longer required parts from my business; I'm still recovering. Mind you, my driveway is 1:4 and goes up to the road so you can imagine how many trips were involved. I dread to think how many ergs my wife and I expended during the job - not that it made any difference to my girth, which is a shame.