Medical help required.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Medical help required.

Post by Nozza » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:27 pm

Played footy yesterday (5 a side) and came off worse in a 75-25 challenge (nee surprise as I had little right to go for it!). Anyways, at the time, my toe next to the big toe on my right foot was sore. I had a limp for the rest of the game, which has remained into today. At the time, it was a little red, with a bit of swelling. This has gotten worse and my toe is now 3 times the size compared to its normal size. Wor lass seems to think I have broken it. This is unlikely as I can put weight on it and can bend it - not much mind. I reckon it's just bruised, but as I am playing in the Cup Final the morra, is it worth worrying aboot or am I going to live?
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:29 pm

amputate
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:27 pm

That's the dreaded "Toe next to the big toe" swelling syndrome. I've seen this keeps fella's out of the pub, never mind a game of five a side. There is no known cure except sitting in an armchair with your foot up and not moving for three days. Whilst sitting you must incant "Bolton three, Everton one". If you don't do this for twenty four hours, then stagger off to the infirmary after three days, by the time you get there a full cure will have occurred. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:That's the dreaded "Toe next to the big toe" swelling syndrome. I've seen this keeps fella's out of the pub, never mind a game of five a side. There is no known cure except sitting in an armchair with your foot up and not moving for three days. Whilst sitting you must incant "Bolton three, Everton one". If you don't do this for twenty four hours, then stagger off to the infirmary after three days, by the time you get there a full cure will have occurred. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:56 pm

wibble

:crazy:
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:09 am

To be honest Hoolio I wouldn't even bother going to A & E if you suspect your toe is broken. You will wait for 3 hours get sent to X-ray to confirm it is broken. They will then tape it to your middle toe and send you on your way.

Strap it up, don't play football for the next 5 weeks and you will be fine.

If it goes black (Not bruised) starts smelling then falls off I would suggest a hospital visit may be necessary. :wink:

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:08 am

Don't play footy? :shock:

Are you mad?! :shock:

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:10 am

Get some ice on it. About twenty five minutes will do it - although you should have done this much earlier.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Re: Medical help required.

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:13 am

Hoolio wrote:Played footy yesterday (5 a side) and came off worse in a 75-25 challenge (nee surprise as I had little right to go for it!). Anyways, at the time, my toe next to the big toe on my right foot was sore. I had a limp for the rest of the game, which has remained into today. At the time, it was a little red, with a bit of swelling. This has gotten worse and my toe is now 3 times the size compared to its normal size. Wor lass seems to think I have broken it. This is unlikely as I can put weight on it and can bend it - not much mind. I reckon it's just bruised, but as I am playing in the Cup Final the morra, is it worth worrying aboot or am I going to live?
Move to Blackburn, you'll fit right in!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:20 am

Cowdrill's right - amputation.... at the neck :twisted:

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:49 pm

Apparently everytime you stub your toe the chances are you've broke it or at least given it a good fracture. That's why it hurts so much. It'll just be a little tender for awhile and then it'll be fine. Unless of course it gets gangrene and then falls off at which point it might be worth seeing a doctor.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:26 pm

communistworkethic wrote:Cowdrill's right - amputation.... at the neck :twisted:
Your grudge against me is pointless. Let it go.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:26 am

Just "get on with it" you big girl.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:01 am

After Vaghn's injury yesterday, having SEVERED AN ARTERY, this is poor fare Hoolio. Cold compress and an anti-inflammatry (Nurofen), and then strap it up for the game, ya big jessie.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

The Bullett
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by The Bullett » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:52 am

You are fecked mate.....can i have your laptop? :mrgreen: