Lean times in Dingleville

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Lean times in Dingleville

Post by warthog » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:52 pm

Let's laugh at Blackburn for a bit.

After the David Dunn transfer saga and the scabby win at the Reebok, the inbreds were full of themselves, suggesting that they were going to take fifth from us. How times change. They are now thirteen points adrift of Bolton and it seems we've had a lucky escape with old chubby chops.

This is from BRFCS.com
Tris wrote: £1.5 million for Dunn is without doubt Hughes's worst signing pound for pound. Fat boy would have been free next month - had he really wanted to move to Rovers for football reasons he could have signed a pre-contract in January and got himself into shape to be able to tackle a Hughes pre-season.

As it is he's used the Bolton situation to force Rovers to pay good money for him, signed a contract on his terms, and now he's living where he wants to live, drinking where he wants to drink, and there is no chance he will ever be match fit or match capable at the top level ever again.

I strongly suspect Hughes didn't really want this signing - he doesn't risk money on lazy idiots. It looks like a publicity stunt which has gone badly wrong - today it cost us points as well as money.
Fife Rover wrote: And just to rub it in today: Kuqi scored 2, Jeffers scored 1, Joe Garner scored 1.

Whats the chances of getting that lot back for next week? Answer:about the same chance as we have of beating Chelsea.

SEASON OVER!!!!
bish1982 wrote: The Dunn signing is worse than Roberts because it was absolutely obvious that he wouldn't do the business when we signed him, at least with Roberts is was debateable. Dunn ceased to be fit for Premiership football along time since and was the one who instigated leaving in the 1st place by thinking he should play central midfield despite his best performances coming from elsewhere. He was great the 1st time round, we should have left it at that. It's obvious that burst of pace he used to have is long gone and it ain't coming back. Get rid, oh sorry, we can't...
roversmum wrote: I think Tris is feeling like many of us at the moment, I don't think the word gutted is strong enough. In spite of all the hype about fitness, the squad have rolled over for too many matches this season. We know we have the capability and talent to do much better. I can see attendances declining for the run-in - hope I'm wrong and looks like the squad have already gone on their holidays.

I wouldn't rule out the relegation battle yet - there are still around 20 points to play for.
Oh yes.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:25 am

Don't they type well ?

You'd think that 6th finger would get in the way. Maybe they use it to operate the shift key.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Backgammon
Promising
Promising

Post by Backgammon » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:58 am

I have to admit that I've been surprised about how bad Dunn has been. It appears that he's been given the opportunity but has under performed.

I think we had a near miss with him, but saying that I still believe Sam would have been the better manager to try and get him back to his best.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:37 am

Although never a 'quick' player per se he always had enough in his legs to help his trickery out, he's lost this yard now and is showing himself to be nothing other than overweight

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:53 am

Any time Sam is negotiating with a player who is wanted by other clubs, he should just show them Ricketts, Robert, Hamman, Dunn, Troare, Bennayoun and that fat South African lad as proof of what happens when you reject Bolton.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:06 am

A mere 16,035 at Dingle Dell last night. Let's hope the reduced ticket prices arrest the slump in our attendances. A bit of decent footy might help as well.

Jewdarbs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jewdarbs » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:57 pm

On the subject, Dunn was superb on Sunday at the FA Cup Semi Final, and lasted into the second half of extra time. Further, he was many peoples man of the match against Watford last night. http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?sho ... ntry506813

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:59 pm

Jewdarbs wrote:On the subject, Dunn was superb on Sunday at the FA Cup Semi Final, and lasted into the second half of extra time. Further, he was many peoples man of the match against Watford last night. http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?sho ... ntry506813
One game in half a season does not a season make.

And you lost. :mrgreen:
Smarties have answers.....