Sky HD

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Radcliffe Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Sky HD

Post by Radcliffe Wanderer » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:27 pm

Hi Guys,

Just ordered Sky HD. Was wondering if anyone on here has it and what they thought of it. I have seen the demos in the shops and have been pretty impressed so thought I would give it a go.

Cheers.
"That would have been a goal if the keeper hadn't saved it!" Kevin Keegan, circa 1998 World Cup.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:32 pm

Is HD high definition? If so it is awesome - of course over here we don't have Sky but there are many HD channels - really makes a difference when watching sports.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Debo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Debo » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:35 pm

There are probably about 20 HD channels on sky just now. The nature channels show it off the best although the footie looks brilliant as well.

You will not always get HD quality - it depends whether the programme has been filmed and recoreded in HD or whether sky have just 'upscaled' it.

Radcliffe Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Radcliffe Wanderer » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:36 pm

Sorry Monty, HD is High Definition.

Hope that sports do look better, I currently get a lot of pixelisation when watching in 'normal' at the moment on an LCD TV so I hope this cures it.
"That would have been a goal if the keeper hadn't saved it!" Kevin Keegan, circa 1998 World Cup.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:40 pm

Radcliffe Wanderer wrote:Sorry Monty, HD is High Definition.

Hope that sports do look better, I currently get a lot of pixelisation when watching in 'normal' at the moment on an LCD TV so I hope this cures it.
I think that more and more things will be broadcast in HD as it is vastly superior. Of course you need a TV that can receive it (which I don't have). However, my son has a 60" HD tv and sports events are spectacular. So I pop over there to watch the hockey. It's the kind of thing that once you've seen it, it is hard to go back (like going from digital to analog now).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Debo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Debo » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:10 pm

In my shop we have one tv showing sky hd and one normal sky - when the same footie games on both it makes the nowmal sky look shit

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:21 pm

you've got far too much money clearly!!

If your LCD looks pixelated it's cos you're too close.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:22 pm

I'd love to get Sky HD. But the £10 a month for cock all channels means no way-jose.
Businesswoman of the year.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:24 pm

Sky HD is shxt!!

Because I can't afford it!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Pete » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:37 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:

I think that more and more things will be broadcast in HD as it is vastly superior. Of course you need a TV that can receive it (which I don't have). However, my son has a 60" HD tv and sports events are spectacular. So I pop over there to watch the hockey. It's the kind of thing that once you've seen it, it is hard to go back (like going from digital to analog now).
Do you use NTSC in Canada? Apparently, because PAL is a lot better than NTSC already, the improvement is less dramatic on our TVs (than US ones, and yours if you use NTSC).

Slightly OT: DAMN, Pompey have just gone two up!

Epitaph
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Epitaph » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:20 pm

Don't know if it's just be but when I saw a match on HD it looked like a Pro Evo match.