Which town in the UK is the biggest crap hole you been to?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mich Caine

Which town in the UK is the biggest crap hole you been to?

Post by Mich Caine » Sat May 26, 2007 7:30 pm

Am just interested in places people have visited that you think are the pits.

My nomination goes to Barnsley. What a shiit hole. I was going to Sheffield on the train with a couple of friends, but the train we were on broke down or something, so we had to get off at Barnsley. We had to wait for a while in Barnsley. I have never seen a place with more boarded up windows, the place looked an absolute hell hole. Anyone else been to Barnsley?
Which town/city gets your vote?

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sat May 26, 2007 7:31 pm

East Grinstead.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sat May 26, 2007 7:33 pm

Sunderland.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat May 26, 2007 7:37 pm

I went to a party once in Barnsley. In a student place that used to be a miners house.

The back wall on the house next door had the word SCAB painted on in white gloss; this was about 11 or 12 years after the miners strike. I swear they must've been regularly touching it up to keep it looking fresh. :conf:

Worse town I've been to is Middlesbrough. Shithole of the highest order.
Businesswoman of the year.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat May 26, 2007 7:43 pm

Most things to the right of them thar hills, from Mansfield, Sheffield, Donny, Rotherham, northwards to Teesside and paedoland

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Sat May 26, 2007 7:43 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I went to a party once in Barnsley. In a student place that used to be a miners house.

The back wall on the house next door had the word SCAB painted on in white gloss; this was about 11 or 12 years after the miners strike. I swear they must've been regularly touching it up to keep it looking fresh. :conf:

Worse town I've been to is Middlesbrough. Shithole of the highest order.
I live in the North East. I must admit I don't like Middlesbrough - when I drive through Middlesbrough I always say a prayer to hope my car doesn't break down, but the centre is not too bad and there are some nice areas, I have seen a lot worse.

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Sat May 26, 2007 7:46 pm

Newport and Merthyr Tydfil or most South Wales valley towns.

Agreed CrazyHorse Middlesbrough was grim when I went there.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 26, 2007 8:01 pm

Sheffield, Wigan, Birmingham. Much of a muchness. Probably Sheffield.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat May 26, 2007 8:03 pm

Aye, South Wales does need condemning

In fact, anywhere were mining used to be the primary source of income

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sat May 26, 2007 8:04 pm

Farnworth. No lie. Getting glassed for the reason of 'having long hair' and being told never to walk with it again even though I've lived there all my life kind of gave me the impression that I really didn't want to be there anyway.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Sat May 26, 2007 8:04 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Sheffield, Wigan, Birmingham. Much of a muchness. Probably Sheffield.
Blimey - I have been to Birmingham recently and was mega impressed. The centre was really nice, I played golf at Kings Norton which was fantastic and visited in nearby Solihull which was well nice.

I have always thought Sheffield centre is really nice. Anyone ever been in The Howard Pub - opposite the train station? I used to meet mates in there often, it was very nice, I liked what I saw of Sheffield.

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Sat May 26, 2007 8:27 pm

Wolverhampton and Glasgow are dumps.
The voices in my head may not be real...but they have some great ideas!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 26, 2007 8:27 pm

Verbal wrote:Farnworth. No lie. Getting glassed for the reason of 'having long hair' and being told never to walk with it again even though I've lived there all my life kind of gave me the impression that I really didn't want to be there anyway.
I live there but rarely go out there. Like where I live but Farnworth itself is the pits as a town. Full of sixteen stone girls pushing buggies with one hand whilst chewing hamburgers with the other. Forty five year old blokes in Rambo designer combat outfits(camouflage pattern that a blind camel couldnt miss in a January sale queue) with bellies that a Newcastle footy fan would envy, and sleaziest shops around. Yep.

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Sat May 26, 2007 8:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Verbal wrote:Farnworth. No lie. Getting glassed for the reason of 'having long hair' and being told never to walk with it again even though I've lived there all my life kind of gave me the impression that I really didn't want to be there anyway.
I live there but rarely go out there. Like where I live but Farnworth itself is the pits as a town. Full of sixteen stone girls pushing buggies with one hand whilst chewing hamburgers with the other. Forty five year old blokes in Rambo designer combat outfits(camouflage pattern that a blind camel couldnt miss in a January sale queue) with bellies that a Newcastle footy fan would envy, and sleaziest shops around. Yep.
:lol:
This place makes Barnsley sound like Monaco.

And people who wear army camouflage clothes as casual wear is my number 1 item in room 101.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sat May 26, 2007 8:49 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Last time I was there, there was a huge hole in the side of the Post Office (pub) where many-a-brick should have been after a car ploughed into it. It really is lovely.

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Sat May 26, 2007 8:54 pm

I just googled farnworth images:

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/stat ... _bold1.jpg

lmfao

Oh you have to copy the link into your address bar
Last edited by Mich Caine on Sat May 26, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 26, 2007 8:55 pm

Verbal wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Last time I was there, there was a huge hole in the side of the Post Office (pub) where many-a-brick should have been after a car ploughed into it. It really is lovely.
Thirty years ago, in the days of the Monaco, Smoky Joe's and the Queens, Farnworth was a great night out. It's gone downhill ever since.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 26, 2007 8:57 pm

Porrohman wrote:Wolverhampton and Glasgow are dumps.
What? Of course, like any city with tower blocks on it's outskirts, it isn't that appealing on the way in through Easterhouse, or past the tower blocks of Springburn, but Glasgow is a fantastic city, and absolutely rich in architectural heritage. Take a trip to Skelmersdale, my man, or better still, Slough. Glasgow is a bloody fine place,far better than most of what the rest of Brtain has to offer (trust me, there isn't a town or city in Britain that I haven't been to).
May the bridges I burn light your way

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sat May 26, 2007 8:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Verbal wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thirty years ago, in the days of the Monaco, Smoky Joe's and the Queens, Farnworth was a great night out. It's gone downhill ever since.
Aye my dad always tells me that. He revels in the fact that a club in Farnworth was the only one to turn away George Best!

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Sat May 26, 2007 9:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Porrohman wrote:Wolverhampton and Glasgow are dumps.
What? Of course, like any city with tower blocks on it's outskirts, it isn't that appealing on the way in through Easterhouse, or past the tower blocks of Springburn, but Glasgow is a fantastic city, and absolutely rich in architectural heritage. Take a trip to Skelmersdale, my man, or better still, Slough. Glasgow is a bloody fine place,far better than most of what the rest of Brtain has to offer (trust me, there isn't a town or city in Britain that I haven't been to).
I have heard Glasgow is supposed to be a fantastic city, but of course its bound to have some pretty rough areas.